What kind of bicycle do you ride?

shrek77

Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
I didn't see this anywhere.... So what kind of bicycle do you ride? I have a Joey Garcia signature edition Schwinn bmx from 1999.:thumbsup:
View attachment 21018

Attachments

• IMG_20120522_210459.jpg
    IMG_20120522_210459.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 59

shrek77

Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
jham said:
I have a 2011 cannondale 29er will

Nice, cannondales's are pretty sweet trail bikes!!:yes:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I ride a 1987 Raleigh Discovery 18 speed, and its still in mint shape, no rust at all. I've only ever had to change the tires because they were so old they started cracking. :thumbsup:

shrek77

Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
mapanch said:
2006? Trek 820

Trek's are a good brand, I used to have a bmx model and loved it!

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
I used to have a 96 or so DiamondBack Topanga.
It was pretty nice, I liked it.

shrek77

Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
mikeinDE said:
I used to have a 96 or so DiamondBack Topanga.
It was pretty nice, I liked it.

Diamond Backs are sweet too! A friend had the frame that was completely holographic.

shrek77

Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
Boog2006 said:
Just got the diamondback Edgewood...mostly just a cruiser...i've been riding all of a week :smile:

Thats sweet, I don't get to ride much being a dad and working full time. My son's almost three and has a mater bike and he wants to ride together tomorrow. He saw me cleaning mine and wanted to help.

shrek77

Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
CdnGMan said:
2011 Specialized CrossTrail - sweet ride... bought it in March and have over 265 km / 165 miles on it already...
I ride 3-4 times a week... :wink:

Sweet, I used to ride that much, I didn't get my license until I was 18, so that was my way to get around.

Bub

Nov 21, 2011
2002 Schwinn Sequence FS-3 Ol' School just chills out in the basement now
2010 Diamond Back Response

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I had a 1980? MCS Magnum.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Trek Mountain bike...forget which model but nice and light with decent parts. 26 in tires and its a hardtail.

Really old school Schwinn Predator. Going to be redone one day.

Had a few Dyno BMX bikes I redid and sold. Still have one of the frames left to build and sell.

I got a few other random bmx, mongoose and some off brands to redo or scavage parts from. Used to redo them with a buddy rather than spend money at the bar. Gave us something to do and we generally made enough money to keep us in beer.

shrek77

Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Trek Mountain bike...forget which model but nice and light with decent parts. 26 in tires and its a hardtail.

Really old school Schwinn Predator. Going to be redone one day.

Had a few Dyno BMX bikes I redid and sold. Still have one of the frames left to build and sell.

I got a few other random bmx, mongoose and some off brands to redo or scavage parts from. Used to redo them with a buddy rather than spend money at the bar. Gave us something to do and we generally made enough money to keep us in beer.

That's what my friends and I did all the time, except the beer part lol... I used to fix all the little kids bikes in the area of apartments that we lived in. I had a few mongoose's, and a Dyno comp also. I have a Schwinn pro stocks 3 frame in the closet for when my little guy gets older. We can build it together.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Gonna have to break out my RAD t-shirt and DVD now....

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
shrek77 said:
found one online. That's one of the first bmx bikes..View attachment 7050

That one looks to have some newer parts. I got my MCS as a frame and forks set (I think thats the only way they sold them) After all the parts it was about $1000 in 1980 :eek: I got it as Christmas gifts piece by piece (my dad gave me the receipt when I was a little older).

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
2010 Tarmac Comp

HED Bastogne rims
Conti GP4000's
Changed the rear 105 derailleur to Ultegra to accomodate Ultegra 11-28 cassette, comes in handy with only a dual chainring and pulling a trailer.
Shimano A530 pedals (combo SPD and flat for regular shoes)
Black Bar Phat tape

Most nerve-racking bike purchase I ever made, if I had the loot, I would have picked up a Roubaix at the same time..but I love the Tarmac as well. There I go again.

CA2_1163.jpg

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Gonna have to break out my RAD t-shirt and DVD now....

Haha...man.....those were the good ole days. Found this awhile back, if you know the movie RAD, then this should take you back as well.

[video=youtube;DvyMkvjChVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyMkvjChVo[/video]

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
Ive got a approx 1995 GT BACKWOODS(met purlpe), all alum non suspension bike. Extremely nice condition, very few chips (mostly from chain slap). In all my research online i cant find any info on the purple color i have, ive seen many other colors mentioned but no purple. I also had a GT TIMBERLINE which ive sold, it was painted in the Team GT racing colors(Blue& Yellow), i cant find any info on that color scheme also. Through out the years ive owned various new & rebuilt GT/Dyno/Haro/D.Back brands mostly freestyle though. In the past I used to do the same as many others, swap over parts and rebuild then sell.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
just picked up a bad boy 5 with this wacky lefty rigid fork. just thought it looked cool
IMAG0468.jpg
IMAG0471.jpg

i know what you're saying, why not get the bad boy 1 with the shock? i have an 06 bad boy ultra with a headshok fork that i've had nothing but problems with... never again!

shrek77

Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
jimmyjam said:
just picked up a bad boy 5 with this wacky lefty rigid fork. just thought it looked cool
IMAG0468.jpg
IMAG0471.jpg

i know what you're saying, why not get the bad boy 1 with the shock? i have an 06 bad boy ultra with a headshok fork that i've had nothing but problems with... never again!

I think those look awesome!! You don't see allot of bikes with single fork.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Specialized Roubaix elite compact. June 2008 ( I almost have it under $1 per mile)

but the one before that I still have, a 1985 Huffy 18 spd mountain bike.

Gator

Mar 19, 2013
Well I've had my license since 87 so it's been awhile since I really rode a bike. My last race bike was a Hutch Pro Racer, also had a Hutch Expert that I road daily. My oldest son raced in the mid to late 90's, I started him out with a GT mini and his last bike was a junior sized Roadkill. I also had a GT cruiser that I rode around with him

shrek77

Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
Gator said:
Well I've had my license since 87 so it's been awhile since I really rode a bike. My last race bike was a Hutch Pro Racer, also had a Hutch Expert that I road daily. My oldest son raced in the mid to late 90's, I started him out with a GT mini and his last bike was a junior sized Roadkill. I also had a GT cruiser that I rode around with him

That's cool, I can't wait till my son and I can ride together! I built most of my and my friends bikes as a teen. I never heard of Hutch company, gonna have to research them. They were a lil before my time.

Gator

Mar 19, 2013
shrek77 said:
That's cool, I can't wait till my son and I can ride together! I built most of my and my friends bikes as a teen. I never heard of Hutch company, gonna have to research them. They were a lil before my time.

Yes they were pretty popular in the early 80's......I guess someone has bought all the rights to the original company and the are currently starting to release things. Here is a link to their website Hutch Hi-Performance BMX Bicycles

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
Currently a chopper & a lowrider I built myself.
I have a long history with bikes, my first real job at 15.in a bikeshop .
I still own the 140 speed I built when I was a teen. fyi:thumbsup:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
After my Specialized was stolen, and the Treks that replaced them were stolen, I gave up on buying quality bikes. I own 2 Triax Pk-7.

And, I just found out they are under recall! looks like I need to go return them and get a newer bike!

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
kenmyfam said:
Wal-Mart special for me. :biggrin:

Same here - Next, fully suspended. Cost a whopping $70!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
willn513 said:
I rock a real old Specialized Hard Rock complete with flat tires and cobwebs.

I am also rocking a late 90's Specialized Hardrock. My bike looks like an antique compared to the new mountain bikes with disc brakes and shocks in the front and rear. Back in 96 though it was top of the line, not so much now :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online