What is your favorite mod that you have done to your truck?

WillyGood

Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
I'm trying to plan some type of upgrade or modification to my truck but I'm not sure what???

If you could, tell me your favorite one thing that you have done to your truck. Whether it be performance, audio, lift kits... whatever really. I'm just trying to get ideas. Maybe add some info like level of difficulty and amount it cost.

thx

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I've put LED's in my Silverado's bed light, CHMSL & license plate lights.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Favorite mod as in appearance wise or to help me out?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
1.Audio most used Mod lol
2.Accent Interior Leds
3.Exhaust ( not many options for 4.2l guys :no: )
3.LED dome lights and foot wells
4.Painted Calipers and Flat Black Rims

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Pcmforless tune. Wish I did it when I first got the TB. I didn't get it for performance, I got it for the other things like improved throttle response, not having to push the pedal down 3/4 way to shift/pass, and better power at lower rpms when accelerating from a cruising speed without shifting.

WillyGood

Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
1.Audio most used Mod lol
2.Interior Leds
3.Exhaust ( not many options for 4.2l guys :no: )
3.LED dome lights and foot wells
4.Painted Calipers and Flat Black Rims

Exhaust and intake was one thing I was thinking about. I want it to sound kinda mean (not to loud tho). What are the benefits? or negatives? how much did it run you?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Mines a full Borla catback system ($850) for yours I would say first cut off your resonator and then get a flow master 40 series probably the best option and very reasonable on the pocket its the best configuration i have seen on i6 TBs

WillyGood

Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Pcmforless tune. Wish I did it when I first got the TB. I didn't get it for performance, I got it for the other things like improved throttle response, not having to push the pedal down 3/4 way to shift/pass, and better power at lower rpms when accelerating from a cruising speed without shifting.

I read some good things about it, How much for somethin like that?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
WillyGood said:
Exhaust and intake was one thing I was thinking about. I want it to sound kinda mean (not to loud tho). What are the benefits? or negatives? how much did it run you?

STLtrailbSS said:
Mines a full Borla catback system ($850) for yours I would say first cut off your resonator and then get a flow master 40 series probably the best option and very reasonable on the pocket its the best configuration i have seen on i6 TBs

WillyGood said:

Threadjacked...

My favorite Mod would probably the lift and armor. They have allowed me to go some places and do some things that have been incredible.

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
My favorite is probably the sound system in the back!

Quad headlights, however, is one of the most useful for me...

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
DSC_0066.jpg

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
My second favorite mod is my parking lamp disabler circuit. Switchbacks come close, but don't offer external outputs. I think I am the only one who has seen the need and benefit here.
My third favorite mod is my interior LED lighting. 02-04's have more headliner lights than the newer ones, but I still added a strip over the rear seats, and lights under the dash.
I am in the process of building a PWM dimmer for the blue LED accent lighting I will be putting in. It's going to look great when done.
My fourth favorite mod is my PCMForLess tune. The problem is with my current setup and fuel economy. I can't wait to see my MPG's after spring break.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
im lazy so im going to say prolly the remote start and after that would be the audio system that is still in the works ( but is a audio system ever really completely done?)

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
my favorite mod was.... when i bought my SS :rotfl:

but this is a toughy... its a toss up from my full Corsa Sport Exhaust, all the way to my tune... ive done so many mods, and many more just laying around waiting to get put on, its just too hard to choose...

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
WillyGood said:

The cost depends on which way you have it done. I went the cheapest route, which was pulling out my pcm, shipping it to them, and having it shipped back. The truck was not driveable for the three days it took (shipped out Monday, got back Thursday). They offer alternatives if you can't have the down time.

Trailblazer & Envoy I6

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Lift, spacers and bigger tire. I got everything used and only have about $450 in it and that includes mounting and balancing the tires and an alignment.

WillyGood

Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Threadjacked...

My favorite Mod would probably the lift and armor. They have allowed me to go some places and do some things that have been incredible.

What does it mean when a thread is "hijacked"?

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
First is the PCM4less tune. Next is the Redline Tuning hood struts. Losing the hood prop rod makes working under the hood alot easier.

Dec 4, 2011
Can't say what is my favorite mod because I did them all because I wanted to.

My list includes:

K&N filter
Silverstar Ultra bulbs (so I can see better)
wiper blades (26" on Drivers, 24" on Pass)
Wester's tune (although PCMforless should work just as good)
Remote start (nothing like not having to go out a -40 to start the truck)
SS engine cover (just because it looks better)
Tru-Cool Tranny cooler ( because I do this to all my vehicles and never had a tranny problem)
Upgrade to synthetics in both Diff's, Tranny, and new fluid in Transfer Case
New filter in Tranny and install drain plug for future changes
EBC brake pads (looking for the best performance possible)
Painted brake Calipers (Red) because I wanted to. (if I could figure out how to post pics I would take one of my Red Calipers, Green Stuff Pads, and Chrome rims)

Last spring I had it detailed because it was starting to get dirty and I didn't have time to do it myself.

That's it for now. Not too much that anyone would notice but I do and after all isn't that what counts, what do you like :thumbsup::thumbsup:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I have three:

* My HIDs
* My PCMforless Tune
* My Painted Headlights

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online