What is this under rear seat?

thebat

Original poster
May 14, 2017
New England
I finally got around to cleaning thoroughly under the back seats. I found a black, vented box under the right (passenger side.) It seems to be electrical but I don't know what it is. Amp for sound system?

Also, the jack parts seem to be missing something. There are the three metal rod like parts in their holders, but there is an empty holder above them. In the owners manual it shows something rolled up, but no labels/part names. What am I missing?

Also, regarding roof rails. Can the factory cross rails be removed easily?

My vehicle is a 2005 TB LT, 4.2L 6.

Thanks for any replies.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Photos would help a lot. Normally on the passenger side it is the OnStar system.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You should have the crow bar, 2 extensions, the jack, and a pair of wheel chocks.

Reactions: Redbeard and thebat

thebat

Original poster
May 14, 2017
New England
OK, got it. Onstar is there, wheel chocks are missing.
Any thoughts on removing roof cross rails? it looks like it should be easy but I can't figure it out.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Pop the side rail caps off in the front (held in by plastic clips) There should be a lock release lever on the ends of each cross bar. Lift them up, and slide them out the front of the side rails.

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
I finally got around to cleaning thoroughly under the back seats. I found a black, vented box under the right (passenger side.) It seems to be electrical but I don't know what it is. Amp for sound system?

Also, the jack parts seem to be missing something. There are the three metal rod like parts in their holders, but there is an empty holder above them. In the owners manual it shows something rolled up, but no labels/part names. What am I missing?

Also, regarding roof rails. Can the factory cross rails be removed easily?

My vehicle is a 2005 TB LT, 4.2L 6.

Thanks for any replies.

The rolled up thing is an laminated instruction sheet for jacking up the truck and changing the tire

Reactions: Redbeard and C-ya

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR