What do you have displayed on Torque Pro?

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
So I finally received an ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapter and finally got things connected.

I read numerous posts that setup/orientation of the app once connected could be time consuming, finding extra PIDs etc. Point of this thread is to show and/or tell what you have displayed on your Torque Pro app and what it is you want to monitor, maybe providing a shortcut for others for future setups. I'll be honest, I would love to observe and track ALL the features but that won't happen anytime soon. Just curious as to what other users are observing with this wonderful diagnostic tool. I'll post mine when it is all set up to go. I initially wanted coolant, oil, and trans fluid temps. Have the gauges up on display, just need to verify that it works on the way in to work tonight.

I have seen a few different pics of users with their setup in the ride for real time driving info. Tell us what you want to see and why.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Start with the basics and set up your "vehicle profile" (Weight, gas tank capacity, rev limiter, etc.) I had to change all my units so they would read mph, psi, feet, gallons, fahrenheit, etc. Default on mine was kilometers, celcius, meters, etc.

As far as PIDs, go into settings go to manage extra PIDs/sensors, then you can select "add predefined set". Select that and it gives you a list of vehicle manuafacturers. Then select "Pontiac / GM / Opel / Vauxhall" option. That will load quite a few custom PIDs for the particular make.

I have not gotten to involved with all of the data logging and graphing. When you go to the real time information screen and go to "add display" it will bring up a list of all the sensors the app supports, but the only ones that will display a reading are the ones highlighted green because those are acitve according to the app.

I would like to have the air/fuel ratio, engine oil temp, and exhaust gas temp displays, but those do not come up green as active sensors. I will have to see if the tranny temp sensor shows up green when my TB is running.

Currently, the below pic is the displays I am currently using. I like the intake temp because it shows that since I have a CAI, it is definitely a HAI. My intake temp usually reads anywhere from 6*F to 8*F above ambient temperature as long as the vehicle is moving. I added coolant temp when I noticed my temp gauge started to move this winter when I would get on the throttle and it is less than 30*F ambient temp. Seems like my coolant temp stays right around 189*F though this winter.

Most importantly, that is a WHO-DEY back ground :yes:

View attachment 32285

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 9

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden

Attachments

• tourqescreenshot.jpg
    tourqescreenshot.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 9
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
uvysera3.jpg

I just got mine set up today :smile:

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Yup that the torque app, had to go into settings ad add the predefined pids for gm and it came up with all the sensors like tranny temp n gear

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online