What do you guys think of the hood stripes

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Looks pretty good. What concerns do you have about the AC and radiator?

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I think it looks good! Did you use plasti dip, or were they just stick on? I may do something similar if I can't repair the paint/clear coat fading on my hood haha

REDLTZ

Original poster
May 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Mike if you go on amazon and type in trailblazer hood stripes they have one set for around 40 bucks they were easy to install and they are decent quality I do a lot of vinyl wrapping stuff But platidip is also fun because you can get real creative

And blck shdw I’m afraid if I remove it with out a skid plate I’m running the risk of leaving components open to impacts

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I had the hood plastidipped really similar for awhile. I used vinyl to outline it in a couple colors over time as well.

I think the bumper cover removed just makes them look like you wrecked them and were too cheap to fix. certainly doesn't say "offroad"

REDLTZ

Original poster
May 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
I had the hood plastidipped really similar for awhile. I used vinyl to outline it in a couple colors over time as well.
View attachment 87630

I think the bumper cover removed just makes them look like you wrecked them and were too cheap to fix. certainly doesn't say "offroad"
Now that I think about it your right about the bumper I just wish our aftermarket was bigger but then again not having the aftermarket support makes everyone’s build that much more different I also am building a Jeep wj and it almost got boring early on because the aftermarket is so big and you don’t really have to try that hard you just buy parts and slap them on so I’m looking forward to building a custom bumper for the blazer

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Have you looked at MDB Fabrication on FB? He sells kits and you could easily customize to your liking. I have had several of his bumpers over the years as we made some changes to get them dialed in.

Reactions: Boricua SS

REDLTZ

Original poster
May 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Have you looked at MDB Fabrication on FB? He sells kits and you could easily customize to your liking. I have had several of his bumpers over the years as we made some changes to get them dialed in.
Yeah I seen them a while back and they look pretty nice i think some flush mount led pods and a good winch would work well on it

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Shit yes. 3/16 and I beat mine all over

Reactions: Blckshdw

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Can they take a good hit ?
I’ve been wondering that lately too. Has anyone hit a deer or a car or something decent with an mdb bumper? Something that typically causes major damage or even totals a car

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They are designed for only "offroad use" due to lawyers so i doubt you get any real data.

i do think there have been a couple reports of deer and an accident or two where the GMT drove home while the others used a wrecker. I got rearended by a jeep with my MDB rear bumper a couple weeks ago and the jeep got about 3000 in damage and I cant tell I was hit.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio

:crackup: everytime I saw your rig I think it had a different bumper

To the OP, I'm diggin the stripes. Nice subtle changes to set you apart from the rest 👍

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
I put these stripes on today I’m thinking about pulling my bumper off tomorrow but I don’t know if I want to risk my ac condenser or radiator

Looking at your pic, where in Philly are you?
I moved to FL back in 2014, but came from the far northeast, near grant av & academy rd.

REDLTZ

Original poster
May 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Looking at your pic, where in Philly are you?
I moved to FL back in 2014, but came from the far northeast, near grant av & academy rd.
I live ten steps from grant and academy lol

I live ten steps from grant and academy lol
:crackup: everytime I saw your rig I think it had a different bumper

To the OP, I'm diggin the stripes. Nice subtle changes to set you apart from the rest 👍
Thanks man I appreciate it

Shit yes. 3/16 and I beat mine all over

View attachment 87631
Well you have me sold on it lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online