What do you all recommend for squeaking suspension components.

c good

I' have used the AT-205 that Scotty Kilmer on Youtube recommended. It helps rehydrate the rubber. It definitely helps, but doesn't seem to last long. Would a silicone spray on the rubber parts work better?

Mooseman

Master Blaster
Which parts are you talking about? If it's the front A-arms, then replacement is the only solution as the rubber has separated from the cans in the arms. Would be the same for the rear arms. If it's the stabilizer bar bushings, I'd just replace them and install them dry.

And don't listen to Kilmer too much. He's a quack, kinda like Dr. Oz.

Last edited:

Mektek

Hobbyist
new front lower control arm bushings don't have the "cans"

bushing 2.jpg

Is it better or worse design? It is AC Delco professional - for what it's worth.
When the edge of the inner bushing section hits the outside, you get a metallic "clank" sound, not a squeak.

Last edited:

c good

Which parts are you talking about? If it's the front A-arms, then replacement is the only solution as the rubber has separated from the cans in the arms. Would be the same for the rear arms. If it's the stabilizer bar bushings, I'd just replace them and install them dry.

And don't listen to Kilmer too much. He's a quack, linda like Dr. Oz.
Mostly in the rear. It's difficult to tell exactly what is squeaking. I just sprayed down all the rubber bushings and components I could see. Trailing arms, shocks, sway bar, etc. It quieted down nicely but it doesn't seem to last long. Maybe a few weeks. Then it starts back up again.

Mooseman

Master Blaster
The can I'm referring to is the outer one. The rear arms can have the same problem.

NJTB

Platinum Donor
I replaced all the suspension components (LCA, UCA, struts, trailing arms, stabailzer links and bushings) about 18 months ago. They started to squeak 3 months later, low speed over speed bumps.
Tried lubricating the bushings on side at a time so I could pinpoint it, then re torquing everyting, no luck.
Now I live with it.

c good

That's what mine does also. Low speed over speed bumps. The AT-205 does help. Just doesn't last very long.

Mooseman

Master Blaster
You watch him long enough, you'll know why. One example, he goes under a car with just a jack holding it up. Another, he lets brake calipers hang from the hose. He's annoying as fingernails on a chalkboard.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FitITMan
Top Bottom