What do I need to make these fit

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Super Swamper tires

I found a good deal on a set of 38.5" Super Swampers, what do I need to do to get them to fit? :raspberry:

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Or.....

The email that I just sent to Autoprosoffroad.com may help as well. :undecided:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
You're testing my new site resolution to be less snarky, aren't you?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I may actually buy them for my Burban if they are for sale after deer season. I plan to get it back out. Got the transmission sitting next to it on a pallet and it is in the barn for winter wrenching.

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
You're testing my new site resolution to be less snarky, aren't you?

I did actually post this just to see if I could produce a Rodie aneurism. :raspberry:

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Are you gonna buy a really big hammer?

The email certainly wasn't about buying the POS that is for sale. He is only 45 minutes away from me, and I will have another daily driver in the spring. :whistle:

markmc

Nov 20, 2011
I am running 35s on my SS with no lift, only had to trim about an inch out of the main frame rail for clearance at full lock turn..
The TB has less fender opening than the Envoy..
So you should be good..

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
markmc said:
I am running 35s on my SS with no lift, only had to trim about an inch out of the main frame rail for clearance at full lock turn..
So you should be good..

I think your backwards there Mark, the Trailblazers fenders are open more then the Envoy's. I had to cut two inches of fender to fit my tires that a lot of TB owners report fitting even without the body lift.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
markmc said:
So you should be good..

I think mark knows as well as anyone what fits...

Regulator

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I think mark knows as well as anyone what fits...

I know, I shouldn't argue with the master. I deserve to be punished.....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Fish you know that will buff out

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I can only raise it as high you give me the tools to do so.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
navigator said:
Are you and Mark working on a six inch body lift that you haven't told us about? j/k

HELL NO. There is no way I would do over 3. Not safe. Would love to help him if he does a diff drop suspension lift eventually.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
HELL NO. There is no way I would do over 3. Not safe. Would love to help him if he does a diff drop suspension lift eventually.

:offtopic:

A diff drop will need some cut/weld to happen, mostly on the UCA side of things. Building a bolt-in bracket to relocate the LCAs shouldn't be too bad. Relocate the alignment plates, build a support for the diff/splined disco out of 1/2" plate and tube and bolt it in. The "HA1" front driveshaft has enough in/out play to move down a few inches and clocking the front diff slightly would help as well.

All of my front end strengthening was in preparation for building one of these. Before I "gave up" at least.

Who's going to pick up the torch?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.