What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Short Bus said:
How about "LIL HOE"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I like but might send out the wrong idea :biggrin:

One last thing I did today was went to get a recharging kit for my air filter so I have that drying off right now and I'm also making a shopping list/ plan of attack for draining my cooling system as soon as our garage door gets fixed so I can have a few fans blowing on me while I change it out. Damn Oklahoma weather :no:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Started working on refurbing the rims. Typical factory rims, the clearcoated spokes started bubbling and pitting. So I took the sanding wheel to them and took off all the clearcoat. Leaving the indented parts charcoal grey since they aren't messed up at all. Going to paint the spokes the same color as the body, primer, base, and clear them so hopefully they will stay good like the indented parts did...

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Well I guess I ended yesterday and get to start today. Had to run down and use my TB for something that makes me laugh my ass off. Towing a POS Ford again. Had a call from my mom stranded because her Escape broke its timing belt at 65k . That thing has been tagging along off the back of my TB many many times now and its the same year with less miles. Let's see, my TB has been towed hmmmm oh yea, never!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Went and washed and cleaned the SS. About time to plastidip the wheels. Clear coat looks like shit in some spots.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
jrSS said:
Went and washed and cleaned the SS. About time to plastidip the wheels. Clear coat looks like shit in some spots.

I wish I could plasti dip mine... but the black just wouldn't look right on my blue and the color scheme I'm going with, and I already tried the "smoke" and that was an epic failure.. luckily (for now), my rims and clear coat are perfectly fine...

Look forward to seein the pix bro :thumbsup:

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Took my truck to the Celebrity car wash here in KSA. Bet you've never seen so many people wash one truck at once lol

c1836a6e.jpg

6984f0ce.jpg

gotspeed1

Dec 3, 2011
Brought it back home from Cripple Creek where we were at do to fire evacuations. Now time to clean out all of the stuff I packed into it, just in case.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
I wish I could plasti dip mine... but the black just wouldn't look right on my blue and the color scheme I'm going with, and I already tried the "smoke" and that was an epic failure.. luckily (for now), my rims and clear coat are perfectly fine...

I'll post pics.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Boricua SS said:

You know they just starting making gunmetal grey, and I bet it would look pretty cool.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Porkins said:
You know they just starting making gunmetal grey, and I bet it would look pretty cool.

:iagree: I've been thinking about doing mine in the gunmetal gray. (even before i got my new wheels). I'd like to see the gray wheels on a black ride. Guess we'll see who does it first :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Fad,

that is awesome.. so many people washing the ride... no wonder its a "celebrity" car wash :rotfl:

and yea, Sam sent me a PM and a link to a youtube video on the new gunmetal color... that would be my choice and that was what i was trying to accomplish with the Smoke Plasti Dip...... so I've been lookin into that as well.. my ultimate goal will be FR 22" Chrome wheels

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Fad,

that is awesome.. so many people washing the ride... no wonder its a "celebrity" car wash :rotfl:

and yea, Sam sent me a PM and a link to a youtube video on the new gunmetal color... that would be my choice and that was what i was trying to accomplish with the Smoke Plasti Dip...... so I've been lookin into that as well.. my ultimate goal will be FR 22" Chrome wheels

Haha. I will be 1st hopefully with the 22" fr wheels.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Got back from May's a little bit ago. We worked on installing the Quad Parks (they look great). We swapped my nokya's in the lows/highs/reverses back to stock (I gotta go thru inspection tomoro--I'm still gonna fail but that's a couple less things to worry about later). We had to fix some LED's behind the grille and lastly we tackled the weather stripping right by the rear doors (some kind of 3M sealant). Thanks again May!!---you're the man!! we had another productive day

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
jrSS said:

MURDAAAAAAA hahaha thats going to look nice

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
mikeinDE said:
Thanks again May!!---you're the man!! we had another productive day

Word up!!! Productive indeed, despite the record temps.

"Looks like I had my shirt on inside out. Isn't that how Kris Kross wore their clothes back in the day?":rotfl:

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Spent the day cleaning up the TB after she had a rough week. Taurus was out of commission for a broken subframe, so the TB became the daily driver on back dirt roads for a week. Very happy to have my car back, only because it means I can stop beating up the TB. She's very happy to be clean again.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
jrSS said:
Haha. I will be 1st hopefully with the 22" fr wheels.

:rotfl:

thats ok... while your riding low and in stlye, I'll just blow your doors off with a nice smokey burnout and all my go fast goodies that are just laying around in my garage :raspberry::rotfl:...oh wait, i couldnt do that in a Mazda LMAO!!! i would still love some chrome 22's though!!! but with the money for them.. im more about speed lol... a man can dream though :crackup

as for what i did today... well i was bored, and while the beaSSt was at the dealer gettin her new motor, they replaced my DDM due to a short in my power mirrors... ok great.. i get a new module.. the only problem, was my old one had my LED's in them lol... so i had to change that this evening.. and i fixed a burnt out LED in my headlight switch...

2012-07-01212216.jpg

2012-07-01205859.jpg

2012-07-01215022.jpg

2012-07-01220524.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
McGMT said:
Well I guess I ended yesterday and get to start today. Had to run down and use my TB for something that makes me laugh my ass off. Towing a POS Ford again. Had a call from my mom stranded because her Escape broke its timing belt at 65k . That thing has been tagging along off the back of my TB many many times now and its the same year with less miles. Let's see, my TB has been towed hmmmm oh yea, never!

Which engine, the 4 banger or the 6?

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:

thats ok... while your riding low and in stlye, I'll just blow your doors off with a nice smokey burnout and all my go fast goodies that are just laying around in my garage :raspberry::rotfl:...oh wait, i couldnt do that in a Mazda LMAO!!! i would still love some chrome 22's though!!! but with the money for them.. im more about speed lol... a man can dream though :crackup

as for what i did today... well i was bored, and while the beaSSt was at the dealer gettin her new motor, they replaced my DDM due to a short in my power mirrors... ok great.. i get a new module.. the only problem, was my old one had my LED's in them lol... so i had to change that this evening.. and i fixed a burnt out LED in my headlight switch...

2012-07-01212216.jpg

2012-07-01205859.jpg

2012-07-01215022.jpg

2012-07-01220524.jpg

ooooh sexy! wish I had the skill set for that!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:

Are u kidding me...there's no way that I could afford them. haha. I was bluffing and talkin shit. My "go-fast" parts are still at pcmforless ready to be bought. So yea I will be rolling stock until we settle this adoption with my son and buy our house...

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
jrSS said:
Are u kidding me...there's no way that I could afford them. haha. I was bluffing and talkin shit. My "go-fast" parts are still at pcmforless ready to be bought. So yea I will be rolling stock until we settle this adoption with my son and buy our house...

:crackup:.. I know what you mean bro... I can't wait to throw everything back in her.. but my dad has been talking with the guys at his work (works at the dealership) and they're requesting I drop the truck off in september for winter storage and a complete tear down of the motor to figure out what's going on.. so no "go fast" goodies for me this year :sadcry:

And here's to a successful adoption and locating a house :beer:

And Fad, its super easy to convert to LED's bro... just gotta have patience and some soldering skills...

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Boricua SS said:
And Fad, its super easy to convert to LED's bro... just gotta have patience and some soldering skills...

I'm debating doing the LED swap as well, but I'm worried they'll be a little too bright and kinda distracting...:undecided: Can you honestly tell me if they're a little too bright?

Canary2323

Mar 31, 2012
Painted rims and bowties today, kinda.. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_20120702_100653.jpg
    IMG_20120702_100653.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 11

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Ordered up some more Amsoil for an oil and filter change.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
BINGA said:
I'm debating doing the LED swap as well, but I'm worried they'll be a little too bright and kinda distracting...:undecided: Can you honestly tell me if they're a little too bright?

I did most of mine a while ago. Still never finished them. They can be bright but I used the simmer switch to keep the stock lights low anyways so i just did the same with them.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
WooHoo!! Failed inspection this morning. I gotta take off my windshield tint brow, it's too low. And put the covers on my overhead Hella's. Not too bad, did better than I thought. They didn't even cry about my tinted 3rd brake light or even ask about the Whelen's I got mounted on the headliner.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
BINGA said:

i want mine to be BRIGHTER :rotfl: i even added extra LED's in series to make some panels brighter, but thats just me... they arent bright at all... and after all, they can be dimmed with your dimmer dial on the headlight switch... just make sure you get some flat top style bulbs, or if you get the dome style, make sure to sand them flat to help dispurse the light better and not create hot spots.. my rear wiper control had hotspots on it and it was very distracting... so a little sanding fixed that...

just try it on one circuit board and see how you like it... i would suggest maybe a rear window switch, or your wiper switch...

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys, this was a couple weeks ago but i havent actually posted on here in a couple weeks. Been super busy this summer. Ill be back on more now tho :smile:

These are some LED mods i did a couple weeks back (will also post in LED MOD thread)
Put 2, 3 inch LED bars in the grille. Driver and passenger side foot area. And also put 2 in the rear trunk area for some extra lighting.
Next ill be doing the dome lights when i get the $$$ :biggrin:
Here they are, Let me know what you think :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 0608120801.jpg
    0608120801.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 0612121309.jpg
    0612121309.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 0627122129a.jpg
    0627122129a.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 0627122129.jpg
    0627122129.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 0627122129b.jpg
    0627122129b.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 0627122128a.jpg
    0627122128a.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 80

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i washed up the beaSSt (since she saw rain for the first time in over a year yesturday, got stuck in a stupid storm :hissyfit:) and not a GMT,. but a GM non the less, i washed my DD as well... now i just cant decide which one to drive today.. they both look so resh and so clean :rotfl:

2012-07-02142754.jpg

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I ordered these (It was yesterday, but my internet went down after I paid for them)

[EBAY]160773343355[/EBAY]

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
jrSS said:
Lol duh that's a no brainer

lol... you wouldnt be bias on your reply would you? :crackup:

i love the way my car drives though.. fully loaded and love having the sunroof... my damn truck doesnt have the sunroof!!! thats the only thing that i regret about my truck... but, i drove the beaSSt lol... cant let my baby sit in a garage on a 90* sunny no cloud kinda day... she had to breathe!!!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Lol. I had a 98 gp gtp and they were nice. I was head over heels when I owned it. Grandprixtore or ultimatewarriorracing .com were good stores for the model. But yea maybe just a lil bias

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
jrSS said:
Ahhh. That's better. R they smooth?

I think they're smooth. I was going to get the black chrome (Smoke) tails, but I think black will work better with my truck

[EBAY]120756873244[/EBAY]

2002-2009 TRAILBLAZER ALTEZZA SMOKE TAIL STOP LIGHTS | eBay

And I didn't like the chrome on this style

[EBAY]350573935135[/EBAY]

2002-2009 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER BLACK ALTEZZA TAIL LIGHTS BRAKE LAMP | eBay

This listing has a better pic

[EBAY]360469991856[/EBAY]

02 03 04 05 06 07 CHEVY TRAIL BLAZER BLACK TAIL LIGHTS | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads