What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Do you just have that drilled into the floor?

Yes sir. The sides where I screwed them in to floor have a down lip so the whole bottom doesn't touch the carpet but it still kinda does that's why I put rubber spacers where I put the screws to get it up just another 1/4 inch.

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
What model inverter is it? It is the thing so you can have like normal outlets right? I've looked at them but never got one

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
What model inverter is it? It is the thing so you can have like normal outlets right? I've looked at them but never got one

It's a harbor freight unit. You can get the info on it in the pic. I've just about all ways installed one in my my car/trucks it does come in handy from time to time. I have the positive connected at the bcm with an extra nut(so I don't disturb the bcm connection) and a 20 amp fuse in line to it. The ground is connected to 1of the chair bolts. Just sanded around where the terminal ring is going to sit and it's all good.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
My Detroit Axle wheel bearings are clearly marked " MADE IN CHINA".
Should have bought Timkens! (Pic is too big to upload from phone, maybe later after new hubs are on)

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I've had mine on for over 2 years and they're still good.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
My Detroit Axle wheel bearings are clearly marked " MADE IN CHINA".
Should have bought Timkens! (Pic is too big to upload from phone, maybe later after new hubs are on)

I got the same ones off amazon. Next time around I'll put in timkens. But I can't complain so far so good. I did do timkens on my brother-in-laws SS same difference from what I can tell.

Last edited:

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
Gave my baby liquid love today. Haven't gave her this much attention since before the winter months here. Full bath and wax. Plus Rainx buff and coat all windows. Ahhh the love, the passion, all for a GMT

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
First time I ever did this too it. Got 8" of snow last night so I shoveled right past it and left it there.
20160404_075452.jpg
Because I took my winter rims n tires off 3 weeks ago. Car still has winter rims n tires on. Took the car to work today.
20160404_075807.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Figured out new headlights need halogens so researching and ordering some up!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Belt and pulleys, all Gates from RockAuto.

ETA: Done. The tensioner pulley was a bitch to hold back to get the belt on but I got it done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denali n DOO

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
2016-04-08 21.35.45.jpg
Still got a few thousand left in her.

Reactions: Mounce

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Changed to summer wheels and after I did a car wash

2016-04-09 12.24.03.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I was going to install the catch can on the Silverado finally and fix the brake on the Trailblazer, but it is cold and snowing today so nope, not happening (again).

So I decided to finally order the projectors for the Silverado retrofit. Nope, those are out of stock (still).

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I took a trip to the pick-a-part looking for Blazer stuff but came across a beautiful summit white/light pewter metallic 2002 TrailBlazer LTZ, 1GNDT13SX22224354.

20160409_124225-2.jpg

It had the discontinued Waag brush guard on the front, so I couldn't rule out it belonging to someone from here... (Unfortunately, the brush guard took the brunt of a side impact, so even the brackets were too shot to take).

The leather seats caught my attention, so I swiped them all, (including the DDM and PDM in case I could figure out how to make the seat heater work).

20160409_173434.jpg

If I were the owner, I would have bawled like a little baby to see that TrailBlazer go, so if you're here, your seats are going to a good home.
They are in immaculate shape for being 15 years old.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drove it to work. Nice stretch of the legs for it.

Reactions: xavierny25

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I took a trip to the pick-a-part looking for Blazer stuff but came across a beautiful summit white/light pewter metallic 2002 TrailBlazer LTZ, 1GNDT13SX22224354.

View attachment 75404

It had the discontinued Waag brush guard on the front, so I couldn't rule out it belonging to someone from here... (Unfortunately, the brush guard took the brunt of a side impact, so even the brackets were too shot to take).

The leather seats caught my attention, so I swiped them all, (including the DDM and PDM in case I could figure out how to make the seat heater work).

View attachment 75403

If I were the owner, I would have bawled like a little baby to see that TrailBlazer go, so if you're here, your seats are going to a good home.
They are in immaculate shape for being 15 years old.

Wow that thing is mashed! The seats look good, have you installed them yet?

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
Replaced the shot rear shocks with BDS 55619's. Man, what a world of difference new shocks make. It rides much more smooth and firm.
Especially having a slight lift, they seem to prevent getting wind-whipped like crazy on the highway.
20160412_202718.jpg
(EDIT: I just noticed I put the stickers on wrong! I'm gonna go fix that right now!)

Wow that thing is mashed! The seats look good, have you installed them yet?
Bolted them in? Yes.
20160409_194904-2.jpg

Wired them up? Not yet.
http://gmtnation.com/forums/threads...-seats-to-just-power-seats.15314/#post-496792

They're quite comfy, though. Something about the faux skin of a dead animal feels so much more luxurious than cloth.

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Replaced the shot rear shocks with BDS 55619's. Man, what a world of difference new shocks make. It rides much more smooth and firm.
Especially having a slight lift, they seem to prevent getting wind-whipped like crazy on the highway.
View attachment 75479
(EDIT: I just noticed I put the stickers on wrong! I'm gonna go fix that right now!)

Bolted them in? Yes.
View attachment 75481

Wired them up? Not yet.
http://gmtnation.com/forums/threads...-seats-to-just-power-seats.15314/#post-496792

They're quite comfy, though. Something about the faux skin of a dead animal feels so much more luxurious than cloth.

They look good, I might have to find a set near me to pick up

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Yearly inspection, and it passed. But need to do some work before next years inspection, inner tie rod left side and adjusting the parking brake (E-brake).

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
New alternator ordered.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ordered some vinyl to wrap grill

Reactions: SnowBlazer

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Ordered some vinyl to wrap grill
Should have had Barton paint your new bumper white like old times.

I'm getting it alligned again since I put genuine MarkMc spacers on last week.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I painted the bumper white. The powdercoat is far nicer!

I am going to stop and get new washers and bolts so the rear shocks can be put on it!

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Picked up the 'carbon fiber' trim pieces (center stack, LH vent / switch trim, and center console) to replace the faux wood trim I have now. Was a bit of a drive, but I got all three in great shape for $30 (!) - and it'll be nice not to look at the center stack when I'm doing something with the stereo and cringe :thumbsup:. The guy I got them from had taken them out of what he bought as a parts car for his Voy (same year / trim as mine, but a SWB). He actually asked to see my 5.3L - I don't think he knew it was an option. Told him about this site, but I don't think he's one for forums.

Could've had the door panels, too - but the rear ones wouldn't fit (they were out of a SWB). Too bad, because they were even in the right color (dk pewter), which seems to be rare (?) in the SLE trim. The search goes on...

Reactions: Blckshdw

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Replaced the thermostat finally after years of putting it off. :no:

Wasn't half as bad as everyone makes it out to be. ~2.5 hours for the whole job moving at a comfortable pace. Still gotta watch the coolant level as the air pockets work out but so far so good. Got up to temp and held it nicely. Hardest part was getting the alternator out of the engine bay (dang hole isn't bit enough for it to come out), and the hose clamp facing away from you on the thermostat.

I reckon the original thermostat started opening too soon. I assumed it was stuck open 24/7 but it was closed when I pulled it out.

- it also got a new belt and radiator cap Thursday when I had intended to do the thermostat.

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Order some shit today:

56e039976e10bd973efabcaf146c8311.gif
White for park light forward and amber for turn signal

c9f26dce282ffaab2ac92281b37f3309.gif
Red for tail light and amber for turn signal.

right clear lens.jpg left clear lens.jpg

Clear lenses, but DAMN!!!! they were E X P E S I V E ................ holy shit!!!

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online