What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
Put Aaron amber leds in my headlights.

Apparently the Saab doesn't need resistors for the headlight leds...?

The Aaron 3157 are brighter than the stock bulb by about 40%.

Aaron bulb on right, stock on left.20150810_201110-1.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
As of 4-5 years ago they at least made good idler pulleys and belts as that's what's on my TB and they've lasted longer than OEM stuff miles-wise :biggrin:

Reactions: mcsteven

RedRocketZ28

May 16, 2014
Added a newer model shift knob. I got it for $45 on eBay and they sent me the whole center console piece, shifter, and the knob with boot. I thought I was just getting the knob and boot! Ha. The knob has some scratches but I still like the feel and look better than the original.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439425338.248402.jpg

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
RedRocketZ28 said:
Added a newer model shift knob. I got it for $45 on eBay and they sent me the whole center console piece, shifter, and the knob with boot. I thought I was just getting the knob and boot! Ha. The knob has some scratches but I still like the feel and look better than the original.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439425338.248402.jpg
This is specific to our trucks? It also has the switch to turn off traction control and Stabilitrak?

RedRocketZ28

May 16, 2014
mcsteven said:
This is specific to our trucks? It also has the switch to turn off traction control and Stabilitrak?
Yes, it is just the updated more fancy knob. My Rainier does not have stabilitrak or traction control but this knob does have the button. I am going to see if I can't somehow add a Tow/Haul mode and have this button activate it. I know it has the option in the PCM I just need to figure out how to wire it in and get it working via my tuning software (HPTuners)

Reactions: mcsteven

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Went outside to check my throttle body, as I've had some odd behavior that could have been a sticking plate. It was OK, but in the process, I knocked the IAT sensor out off my intake tube and it fell into the engine bay. Didn't make it to the ground, and no matter what I tried, I couldn't find it. :hissyfit:

Threw it up n jack stands, and tried to roll underneath and feel around for it. Never wanted one of those telescoping, inspector gadget style, cameras more in my life! May try to look for it one more time before bed, but something tells me I'll be cruising to work tomorrow waiting for the CEL to come on. I'll end up having to buy one this weekend. :mad:

BC backroader

Sep 6, 2014
I discovered the driver's side strut bushing had failed last week, so I had my local tire shop replace the bushings on both sides, and do the alignment that I should have done 5 months ago, when I did the lift. While they were at it, I had all 4 tires/wheels balanced.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Currently repainting SS grill gloss black

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
Been driving around with a broken lens on the tail light for close to 2 years now after someone in the parking lot got a bit too close. I finally got around to ordering a replacement and installed it today.

Edit: Oops, been a while since I posted a picture here; forgot to hit the "attach" button.

Attachments

• taillight_sm.jpg
    taillight_sm.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 32

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Installed new speakers
uploadfromtaptalk1439778205038.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I think I solved a very annoying squeak in my Silverado's cab. Right after I got the truck I noticed a really irritating squeaking coming from the passenger side of the cabin. I know GM extended cab trucks have had a tendency to make noise but was a bit annoyed since I hadn't heard it at all when on a test drive. Well, I realized that I never hear it with a passenger, and that is why I never heard it on the test drive... Isolated it to the upper seat belt mount! When the belt is just hanging there the pivot rests on a tab to keep it from swinging backwards. That metal on metal tab is what appears to have been creating the squeak. Go figure. I just put a tiny dab of axle grease on the contact point and at least testing it by wiggling it around it no longer makes noise. We'll see how it is while I drive it but it would make me so happy if the noise is gone.

RedRocketZ28

May 16, 2014
Cut the can off. Made the 5.3 sound a lot better. Need to get a tip welded on and think I'll still do a muffler swap.

RedRocketZ28

May 16, 2014
Did the rear shocks just a few minutes ago. Took me all of 20 minutes. Looks like I had stock Bilsteins, but they have 106k on them. Going to do the fronts this weekend when I have more time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440023147.774522.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440023156.053136.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440023164.939078.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Love the bell tech shocks. Got them on the beaSSt as well...

As for my GMT, since it's been raining the past 3 days and was rain on the day of installing my new stall, I e actually kept the beaSSt out of the garage and have been getting used to the new driving patterns of her and the stall. But it's sunny today so I'll shine her back up and park her until further notice lol

Reactions: Sib

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ordered vinyl

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Purchased a new thermostate aswell as some dex cool at advance auto. I had them pull my codes while I waited on my part and to my surprise I got 5 codes,[emoji15] I got some info from there parts person but I wasn't going to take there word on anything they said. So I spoke to Gerbil21 through our messenger here on the nation and was able to figure some of this out. c0131, u1026, p0449, p0455..
Oops missed 1 co455

After handling the thermostate which wasn't to bad I guess. I went and picked up the evaporator selinoid as well as the vent can. Going to handle that stuff tomorrow morning.uploadfromtaptalk1440200809455.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440200838596.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Exchanged my c max front break pads for a set of new ones. one of the old ones was cracked. So got a whole new set under warranty. Yay me...

I'm also in the middle of changing out all the break fluid as well as changing out my evaporator purge solenoid and can vent valve. Hopefully that will clear up these codes if not on to a smoke test.uploadfromtaptalk1440261504543.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440261518133.jpg

Reactions: Sib and dmanns67

Kyle

Jun 9, 2015
Changed the plugs and restoring the headlights.. In changing the plugs I did notice some oil on the threads.. Nothing in the well though..

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Cleaned her up after man handling her the past few days.

Then my brother got this great idea to reprint my ladies vinyl decal so I had to change that out as well. (Gotta keep the wifey happy) So here it is.

And one more annoying repair to the rear wiper water hose. I split it in 2 while polishing with the d.a buffer pad months ago. Oops
uploadfromtaptalk1440277108417.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440277125020.jpg

Reactions: Sib

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Went for some driving today, used the AC for the first time this summer when it wasn't raining. For the most part, the IATs seemed to stay about 20-25 degrees above ambient, until I parked it and everything got a chance to heat soak. Then IATs were staying about 45-50 degrees above ambient.

I find myself wanting to mod this thing for cooler air temps now... :undecided:

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Replaced rear door speakers

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
xavierny25 said:
Let's see them [emoji102]. Did you put the SS door panels on?
Build thread

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Was a perfect wknd here in OH with temps in the upper 70's and just pure sun with no clouds so I drove the beaSSt to work today and had some fun on the way home. First I got my ass handed to me by a GTR but I beat the Challenger RT that was rolling with him. I hung with the GTR for about 5 seconds until he built boost (he needed the driver mod bad!) adios he went :rotfl:.. gave each other the thumbs up. Then I got on a side street and was playing with the new stall. Stalled the truck to 2200 and feathered into the launch and just blew the f'n tires off and went straight sideways. Drag radials are my next mod! :crackup:

RedRocketZ28

May 16, 2014
Put the upgraded rear wiper on. The old one would wipe maybe half the window and I wasn't going to mess with trying to get it to work. Ordered the new parts last week and swapped it out yesterday. Works and looks a ton better.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
The '07 + wiper arms look so much better than previous designs. Don't know what GM was thinking. Then again, don't know what they were thinking on half the crap they built on our platform :rotfl:

Reactions: Blckshdw

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Took the Silverado through a touchless car wash at lunch. This morning there were concrete guys working on the parking lot and they were cutting concrete and my truck was covered in concrete dust. Pretty sure that stuff is abrasive!

This evening I fired up the Trailblazer for the first time in a couple weeks. Feel like I've been neglecting it and, well, I suppose I have. It started but was bit grumpy, clutch fan made some awful noises, and the 4x4 was unresponsive (again). Went to pop the hood and the latch was stuck... Sigh. Got it open after fiddling with it and checked the fan to be sure nothing was too wrong with it (I know the clutch is bad). Took it for a spin and put gas in it since it was pretty empty. Got home, popped the hood to check a few things after it was warmed up, and saw my power steering lines over the driver side shock tower are leaking all over. Sigh again.

After shutting the truck down and restarting it the 4x4 was back responding, so did my quick 4 LO test for Grimor that started this whole thing. Everything worked as it should.

I guess I have some decisions to make soon. Try to fix the intermittent 4x4 and the PS lines so I can drive it this winter (it does have far better tires for winter than the Silverado does), or just part it out/sell for parts now. I don't really want to put much (if any) money into it given its condition. I knew it was terminal which is why I got the Silverado in the first place, but I was thinking I might get one more winter out of it.

Reactions: Matt and Eric04

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I don't remember if I posted this or not, but a few days ago I finally fixed the vinyl... sorta...
Before, Ice in the winter formed under a couple of bubbles and peeled it off once the defroster was turned on... entirely my fault.
20150820_133848.jpg
After:
20150820_134332.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
littleblazer said:
I don't remember if I posted this or not, but a few days ago I finally fixed the vinyl... sorta...
Before, Ice in the winter formed under a couple of bubbles and peeled it off once the defroster was turned on... entirely my fault.
attachicon.gif
20150820_133848.jpg
After:
attachicon.gif
20150820_134332.jpg
Did you cut out the white out line or did you take sharp marker to it? I really can't tell in the picture then again I'm on my phone and can only zoom in but so much.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
xavierny25 said:
Did you cut out the white out line or did you take sharp marker to it? I really can't tell in the picture then again I'm on my phone and can only zoom in but so much.
Peeled it off with my fingers... and had some help from a razor blade.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Sparky said:
Took the Silverado through a touchless car wash at lunch. This morning there were concrete guys working on the parking lot and they were cutting concrete and my truck was covered in concrete dust. Pretty sure that stuff is abrasive!

This evening I fired up the Trailblazer for the first time in a couple weeks. Feel like I've been neglecting it and, well, I suppose I have. It started but was bit grumpy, clutch fan made some awful noises, and the 4x4 was unresponsive (again). Went to pop the hood and the latch was stuck... Sigh. Got it open after fiddling with it and checked the fan to be sure nothing was too wrong with it (I know the clutch is bad). Took it for a spin and put gas in it since it was pretty empty. Got home, popped the hood to check a few things after it was warmed up, and saw my power steering lines over the driver side shock tower are leaking all over. Sigh again.

After shutting the truck down and restarting it the 4x4 was back responding, so did my quick 4 LO test for Grimor that started this whole thing. Everything worked as it should.

I guess I have some decisions to make soon. Try to fix the intermittent 4x4 and the PS lines so I can drive it this winter (it does have far better tires for winter than the Silverado does), or just part it out/sell for parts now. I don't really want to put much (if any) money into it given its condition. I knew it was terminal which is why I got the Silverado in the first place, but I was thinking I might get one more winter out of it.
Winter Beater...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That was the plan as long as it held together but now I'm wondering. PS lines aren't exactly high on my list of things I want to tackle, and the sketchy 4x4 could be an issue if I need it and it decides to just not work that day. Not really sure where to start with that issue either.

*edit 8/25*
So started it up this morning to drive to work and everything kicked in just as it should. Drove fine, power felt a little more normal. Maybe it was just stiff from sitting. PS line is still leaking of course but isn't a bad leak (yet). Looks like it is the low pressure line so I'm thinking I'll patch it again, try to figure out the 4x4, and keep rolling.

*edit 2*
After driving it about 35 miles today the PS reservoir is nearly empty and the shock tower is pretty drenched. But given that it still has something in it that makes me pretty sure it is the low pressure return line that is rusted through. The TB will remain parked until I get it fixed.

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Took it to a friend of mines shop tonight to figure out my P0455 code. Did a smoke test and the canister vent solenoid is sticking so I'll be picking up one in the next few days. Glad it's only about $25 and easy to replace.

Also changed my oil with some Mobil 1 Full Synthetic.

Also had my buddy weld my exhaust tip on after it was only held on by some u-bolts. We cut a little off the straight pipe to tuck it back a little. Much mo betta yo!

Reactions: dmanns67

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Took the beaSSt out of storage for this wknd. Supposed to be sunny and upper 70's to lower 80's all wknd... time to let her eat!

20150828_080025_zpsp29bgorh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online