What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Sometimes I do things that don't really need a new thread, mainly because they aren't asking for help. They are like "I did this, here it is, here's some pics, later" type posts. Another site that I am on has a thread like this. I think it is very cool and hip so I am bringing it here.

Today I braved the 38° weather and put my Ohio alt back in.

5b97a0ee.jpg

While I was at it, I did some hunting for an intermittent voltage drop. Found it.

aa76f85a.jpg

This wire, that went from the alt B+ stud to the battery, passed an initial voltage drop wiggle test a few weeks ago. The wire was secured well enough that I couldn't wiggle it enough to "see" the drop. When I unclipped the zipties that held the wire in place, I had enough slack that I got .7v when I moved it just right. The tubing, wire loom, and boot concealed the now-obvious damage. It was the only ring terminal out of probably 20 in the truck that was crimped on by some fancy crimping apparatus used by the wire manufacturer and not by me. Lesson leaned.

So what did you do to yours?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i dont have pix, but i started my SS today for the first time in 2 weeks as it is parked for the winter.. if that counts as "what i did to my GMT today" :raspberry:, and she fired up like a champ!! kinda surprised too... i've read some horror stories of a dead battery due to sitting, etc... she wont go this long without being started again though, thats for sure...

Reactions: Pygot

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Spent over an hour out in 35* weather to clean up the inside completely after getting it back from the dealer that took care of the rust issue. Looks like the body shop likes to play in the grease and touch just about everything. :mad: Dealers getting a phone call monday am as they left 2 door panels loose. WTF why is it so hard to find someone that can do their job right the first time.:offtopic: Sorry back on subject, she is perfectly clean on the inside.:smile:

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry also installed loaner pcm from pcmforless, did the securty relearn, why does it have to be this long of a process:no: and sent mine off for a reflash.:yes:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
SilverStar Ultra bulbs for the low-beams and high-beams. SilverStar bulbs on the way for the fog lights.

Replaced wipers- Bosch Icon

Tried to replace the rear wiper... forgot that the AutoZone "factory replacement" doesn't fit... the blade is too small. I guess there will be a dealer visit in my future.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Jman423 said:
Tried to replace the rear wiper... forgot that the AutoZone "factory replacement" doesn't fit... the blade is too small. I guess there will be a dealer visit in my future.

Good tip. Headed to Wally World to go pick up new wipers. I've had mine for a while so time to replace.

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Was out enjoying the new lift, shocks and armor. Doing 20 down dirt service roads and across the washes in the rain with my girlfriend. Seatbelts required. :smile:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Wash, vacuumed and filled the TB up with gas for the week

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Visited MDB Fab today... welded stuff on truck

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Took it out for a last trail run on the stock wheels. Got it a little dirty.

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Made it happy by selling my 2nd vehicle! :frown:

Bought a new boat and the credit union wants me to either pay off the car (Saturn L200) or sell it. I decided to sell the car. Gives me a renewed interest in the Envoy, which I only drove ~7000 miles last year (down from 20k miles on an 'average' year).

Oh yeah, and I have to gas it up today too :biggrin: Was going to replace the axle seal and both LCA brackets today but Im seriously not feeling like it. Maybe this weekend....

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Well it was a record 47 degrees when it should be 0 so I gave the 9-7 a wash and a coat of wax with the buffer and detailed the engine bay. I also then replaced the OEM HID bulbs with the 6k OEM replacements I ordered on Ebay. No more flickering or turning off so I'm happy to report I don't have to replace the OEM Ballasts. Didn't expect to be able to do the wax until April at the earliest. 47 degrees is so unbelievable for the end of December, I thought I'd have a better chance to see aliens. I went and grabbed a can of hairspray and sprayed it outside up in the air to help do my part to keep the global warming going.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Washed mine yesterday. But damn it was a bit cold out. :eek:

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Jkust said:
Well it was a record 47 degrees when it should be 0 so I gave the 9-7 a wash and a coat of wax with the buffer and detailed the engine bay. I also then replaced the OEM HID bulbs with the 6k OEM replacements I ordered on Ebay. No more flickering or turning off so I'm happy to report I don't have to replace the OEM Ballasts. Didn't expect to be able to do the wax until April at the earliest. 47 degrees is so unbelievable for the end of December, I thought I'd have a better chance to see aliens. I went and grabbed a can of hairspray and sprayed it outside up in the air to help do my part to keep the global warming going.

:rotfl: It got up into the low 50's by us today. I loved it. Today I went back to the dealer to get some of the concerns I had about the care and quality of work that was done on my truck, which they fixed the door panels and are replacing one of the rear panels that was damaged when they took it off. They are making it right.:biggrin:

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
today, used my truck for some music while me and my frieds played 2 hours of basketball
and also i took this video of my driver side front wheel, showing the suspension, and tire turning and what not while driving it :cool:

[video=youtube;iVC-79Vz0iI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVC-79Vz0iI[/video]
i edited the video so u dont see me in the beginning, but it will take awhile for youtube to fix it.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Got a new set of wipers for the truck. Thanks for the heads up on the sale Jimmy.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324340605.125666.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324340605.125666.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 2,991

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Since some tubes were added; I took the bumper off to prep it for powdercoat.

bumper.jpg

Reactions: Bow_Tied and mike_k

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Well I upgraded my voltmeter.. it was red, and I changed it to blue since I am convertin my interior to blue led's.

View attachment 17347

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324405435663.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324405435663.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 2,774
Reactions: Bow_Tied

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Well I upgraded my voltmeter.. it was red, and I changed it to blue since I am convertin my interior to blue led's.

View attachment 1853

That will look sweet with the blue LEDs. :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Thx bro.. as you can see, I have the rear wiper control done, also have all my door switches done, the headlight switch, and rear hvac.. jus gotta tackle the instrument cluster, and front hvac's...

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I washed the SS today...in the rain. I had to drive it for a couple days in the crappy weather. Julie was driving my 'Hoe while I did a complete front brake job on her Subaru. Now a clean SS goes back in the man-cave. :wink:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Stripped paint off the bumper so it can be powdercoated.

bigredtank

Nov 21, 2011
put my front license plate on for my SanAntonio trip in the morning.... ughhhhhh looks horrible but im not trying to get pulled over for some stupid crap!

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
I unboxed three rotors for my TB. Two front, one rear. Remaining disc and F+R pads should be arriving tomorrow in a second shipment. I hope to get all four corners done, along with all the fluid flushes, interior detail, and exterior wash, compound, and wax over my holiday leave. Little early for some of it (83k miles) but I figure 6 years is plenty deserving of new fluid of every type.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Picked up TBI cleaner and got my Amsoil power steering fluid. Have next week off so I can start those jobs.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
I drove my GMT to Mc'D for a burger. I also used my usb cigarette charger to charge my iphone :biggrin:

Oh, I also installed a HUD!

mzl.axcnjzky.320x480-75.jpg

Best app EVAR!

Attachments

• mzl.axcnjzky.320x480-75.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 436

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
ieatglue said:
I drove my GMT to Mc'D for a burger. I also used my usb cigarette charger to charge my iphone :biggrin:

Oh, I also installed a HUD!

Best app EVAR!

What app is that?

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
It's a free app called "awesome HUD". I was googling some pics and came across it. It's pretty accurate, but it works even better with 3G/4G

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
I got my GMT out of the body shop last night. So far it looks good. :thumbsup:

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
does Rain-X count?? :tongue:

also fabricated a rigid cargo cover to hide all the gear i haul around and act as a second shelf for lighter stuff.

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Well, I only gassed up today ($3.06 at sams club still - $3.39 everywhere else :mad:) but yesterday I replaced both lower control arms and the drivers side again seal, again.

Was going to pull it into the garage here at work and vacuum/clean the windows but the damn VP showed up today...lol. Hopefully she'll be gone soon. :raspberry:

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
jbones said:
I ordered 2-front Bilstein HD's on shockwarehouse today :wootwoot:

Can you take pics of the install? I'm planning on doing B HD's on all 4 corners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher