What could blow the PCM1 Fuse (15a) #28?

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Second fuse (new) just popped. 3rd fuse holding so far. Hope it's nothing serious, but if the 3rd one blows, where should I start looking for a problem? What could cause this fuse to blow? Thanks for any info. c good

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
An overload in the PCM or intermittent short circuit to a grounded circuit or piece of sheet metal. I'd be taking the wiring harness covers off and inspecting the wiring very carefully between the fuse block and the PCM. Especially look for cut spots in any harness covering.

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
Fuse 28 powers the injectors, ignition coils and is one of the supplies for the PCM itself. Odd. Are you having any other issues? Misfires, codes, etc.?

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
AtlWrk said:
Fuse 28 powers the injectors, ignition coils and is one of the supplies for the PCM itself. Odd. Are you having any other issues? Misfires, codes, etc.?

Thanks for the input guys. It hasn't stored any codes that my little Actron OBD II scanner could pick up. It has been running fine, no troubles whatsoever. Just suddenly stalled as I turned into my driveway (as I noted in my other post). Found the blown fuse, replaced it, started right up, got to the end of my street and blew again. Had a spare, put it in, made it home and it's running fine right now. Will look over the wire harnesses for any trouble (Thanks for the input Roadie!) Will keep you all posted.

c good.

P.S. Any other ideas are welcome.

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Update. Still blows fuses, almost immediately upon restarting. It's off to the Stealership for right now at least for a diagnostic. Will keep everyone posted. Any other ideas would be welcomed. Thanks, C good

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RD_Atlanta

Members Online