What came in your mail today?

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Going to nut on this some more. Two options: explore Plan B (applied thru the throttle body with the engine idling) with the foam or buy the liquid and figure out how to apply into the cylinders.

As always, comments welcome.

Either valve covers off or intake manifold off, with some clockwise turnage of the crank bolt (so, belts off as well) to ensure either intake and/or exhaust is at least somewhat open, per cylinder. Then spray. If you can get each cylinder at least a little bit away from TDC, it will help with application. You may want to let a little 'soakage' occur with one cylinder before moving the crank for the next (so, this could run several hours to go through all 8). Use the liquid. Turn the crank about 90" at a time.

Bonus for the intake manifold is that you can throw a new gasket on, and say you were 'proactive' against it wearing out and messing up your trims. I think you'll have better luck with the intake off, going through the cathedral ports.

If you take both the valve covers and the intake off, you'll be able to see when the valves are opening, and have the ease of pouring through the intake port that way.

Or... fill the cathedral port with the recommended amount per cylinder, and for those ports without an open valve, turn the crank a bit until you see the fluid start draining thru the intake port for that cylinder.

No, I haven't done these procedures.

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
Parts for the valve seal replacement job from RA; well, most of them anyway. One minor problem, however, got all 8 intake valve seals but only 1 exhaust valve seal (was supposed to have been a complete kit of 8). As if that was not frustrating enough, the weather was so nice this morning (10-15deg F below normal) I decided to get a jump on the project by doing all the preliminary work so that when the parts arrived I could dive right in: removed fan to access crank bolt; removed coil packs to access valve covers, & removed valve covers to access valve springs/seals. Bummer!!

20230504_134710.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
From Amazon. Lower control arm brackets and, from Prime Day, a spot welder and an auto ranging DMM. The spot welder is used to weld tabs to lithium batteries. I initially got this for trying to replace batteries in TPMS sensors but I can see that this could be useful also for replacing cells in my cordless tool batteries that use standard 16650 cells.

PXL_20230716_225739070_resized6042595708222526322.jpgPXL_20230716_225954884_resized5116576531950785165.jpgPXL_20230716_230125550_resized154460223523805966.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The upper control arms.

PXL_20230717_183532070_resized6259776747832549067.jpg

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
s-l1600.jpg

Set of GM floor liners for the new Blazer. Got a good deal on feeBay, considered Weathertech and Husky but, GM is finally making nice liners to compete with the aftermarket ones.
Don't even want to think about salty roads in July but, there will be no good deals on liners in December.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
After a few weeks, I FINALLY got a replacement battery for my mower. Didn't want to spend the extra money with Home Depot and still have to wait for shipping, so tried to get it through the blue smile site. If Batteries Plus had them, I would have gone there, but no luck. The first one I ordered never shipped. Was supposed to arrive in 2 days from UPS, but it didn't even list as being shipped until the 3rd day. Delivery date kept getting pushed back for a week, until I could get a refund :mad:

Ordered this one through a different vendor, who shipped FedEx, was supposed to arrive yesterday while i was working from home. FedEx truck pulls up before lunch, parks in front of my house. I open the garage door to go out, and after a few minutes, the driver leaves. WTF? :hissyfit:

Threw the charger on it, just to make sure it's topped up. Debating if I want to get sweaty again and go install it this evening and reassemble things, or wait until tomorrow.

20230722_120747_resize.jpg

flyboy2610

Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.
The big brown Santa Claus truck brought me a package yesterday. Inside of the box was this:
DSC_2919.JPG

Inside of the case was this:
DSC_2921.JPG

It's the Launch X431 CRP919E scan tool. I have a basic code reader, but have been wanting a real scan tool, with bi-directional capabilities, for a long time. The really top-end models run in the $1,000+ range, which is way too rich for this po' boys budget! I had considered the Innova 5610, which advertises itself as having bi-directional capability, but further research showed that it really wouldn't do what I wanted.
During the course of my search, I discovered this tool. I checked it out, watched a lot of videos about it, read a bunch of written reviews, and decided to spring for it. I put it on my eBay watch list, and was going to buy it this weekend. eBay sent me a notice that the seller had put it on sale, so I bought it last weekend. It came yesterday. Haven't had a chance to plug it into the TB yet, but I'll do that later today.
Here's the eBay seller I bought it from:

The sale ends at midnight, so if you're considering this, may want to jump on it!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The air pressure gauge on my inflator was failing. Initially the cardboard backing started to curl up, which wasn't a big deal. Then the needle stopped zeroing out. Then the needle came off completely when I dropped it. Tried to open it up, but couldn't get the bezel off.

Ordered a cheap 1/8" NPT guage from the blue smile folks, and this thing is TINY!!! Should be good enough though, since the inflator doesn't get a whole ton of use.

20230919_173249_resize.jpg
20230919_174001_resize.jpg

:duh: And now that I look at the pic, realized I forgot to transfer over the rubber protective cover to the new gauge. Oops!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Bunch of blue smile goodies showed up today. Sprinkler pump for the irrigation project, wifi/solar camera for the rear of my property (initial tests show it won't work for me and needs to go back :frown:) wifi range extender to get a signal to cover the back yard.

Also got a new hot air/soldering station to replace the cheaper one that had the hot air handle malfunction on me. This one has removable handle and iron connections for easy replacement if needed. Also got a helping hands station, thing is pretty heavy. Comes with multiple adjustable arms, some circuit board holders, lighted magnifying glass and fume extractor. :2thumbsup:

Not pictured some new cargo pants for yard work, since my old ones got more holes around the knees and thighs than I care to keep trying to sew up. :no:

20231014_160743_resize.jpg20231014_160717_resize.jpg

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
Received the ball joints for the Suburban. GM OE lowers (2) and ACDelco Gold uppers (2). The lowers are perfect (boxes new, clean and parts are identical to the online part description). The uppers, however . . .

Packaging is different and the parts are different. One item is correct with new, unopened packaging. The other is physically different and the packaging is trashed: the box was torn and dirty, Also, the item was loose in the box, not in a plastic bag as with the other ball joints. Clearly a return.

Left to right: Wrong part, correct part
20231125_152557.jpg

Engaged with the RA returns bot and based on my answers to their questions they classified it as a "mis-boxed item" so it is going back on their dime with a replacement to be shipped back once they receive & review the item. Will see how they handle things.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
More projects require more goodies, right? Got a 3500 GPH submersible pond pump, 1.25" flex hose (that will connect to a DIY venturi made out of PVC) PVC barb adapter, pressure regulator for the sprinkler project, and some brake caliper hangers (I keep losing the wire hanger pieces :duh:

20231125_183713_resize.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Few more goodies. My shed has an exterior electrical box, but the cover has been missing since I got the house. Plan to run a couple of pumps from here, so got a weather proof cover, and a pair of GFCI outlets to replace the basic outlet and strange switch that are currently installed.

Pair of 15' dock lines to make the submersible pump easily retrievable. Also got some thermal paste for an upcoming PS4 repair attempt.

20231127_174414_resize.jpg

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Re: Post #2248... @Blckshdw ... When time permits, would you list the Vendor and Battery Make-Model Numbers and Particulars of that Battery? My Ryobi Electric Riding Mower is working with long-lasting and smooth power... but I want to be prepared for any contingencies should the batteries misbehave. Also... Very soon now, I'm contracting with Lowe's to install a Miami-Dade Standards (150 MPH - Hurricane Resistant) Quality Vinyl Fencing around my property.

This is meant to include a Wider 5' Gate on the East Side of the property and VERY WIDE Single Gate on the West Side so that I can manage to finally make a 'single drive circuit' on the Ryobi whenever cutting the grass on both sides of the property... without having to *Squeeze* in and out while passing through the present narrow 38" wide Rickety Old Cedar Gate. These options will also allow me to park another vehicle along side my house, should the need arise.

I messaged my neighbor and hooked her up with Lowe's Peeps because she wants to do her yard as well in that same attractive "Faux Cedar Vinyl Motif". Perhaps. when the Final Proposal comes in, the Lowe's Account Manager will take all of this into consideration on the Total Pricing involved for BOTH of our separate contracts. We'll see...

Lastly... I've discovered that a family of Three Adult Cats has been regularly prowling around my back yard and to encourage their presence at the expense and dismay of any possible Rodents, I've been providing them with a very nice Cat Buffet of a Bowl of Ultra-Pasteurized Milk, Two Cans of Cat Food...and at the insistence of "The Lil' Woman' ...some Kitty Bibbles.

Feral Cats should NOT be approached and touched nor any attempts be made to be friendly with them. Feeding them three times a week will help to make them strong and healthy... but prevent their losing the necessary "Survival Edge" by eating two meals, twice a day, every day as most Domestic Cats seem to enjoy. We have Coyotes down here... and so they will need to keep their wits about them. Once installed, our New Fence might offer them some more protection as well. We'll see...

Getting Back "On Topic".... Since we live in VERY Dangerous and Uncertain Times with a Very Uncertain Future thanks to AGI looming on the Horizon... My wife has observed my concerns about this matter...and ordered a Brand New Charcoal Green Ball Cap for me that JUST arrived in the Mail:
BOBSTHININGCAP1.jpg

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got a multi piece extendable pool net, so I can clear some of the trash and bottles from the pond out back. The stormwater inlet is right in my corner, so everything that gets tossed on the street washes in and gets caught up in the brush. :mad: My Makita multi tool also showed up, now I can stop borrowing from friends. :biggrin:

20231130_164711_resize.jpg

Re: Post #2248... @Blckshdw ... When time permits, would you list the Vendor and Battery Make-Model Numbers and Part

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Wood epoxy putty and wood hardener kit. Trying a different brand than the one I currently have. Also got some low melt solder and flux for the ongoing PS4 surgery. :book:

20231207_211653_resize.jpg
So, I opened a help ticket with Cambodian Post as they lost my package. It was shipped out on the 15th and no further updates since.

I am unsure how I can get a refund if I cannot say the vendor or Amazon did anything wrong. So far Im put 200 bucks and pretty pissed off.

I've had the same happen to me with Amazon purchases in the past. Both not getting delivered, and being delivered to the wrong address. The wrong address purchase got refunded after about a week. The non delivered one that disappeared after being shipped, took a little longer, but did get that money back. :twocents:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@Blckshdw... Re: Post# 1,937

FWIW...If that Stuff is like Putty... when you finish Mixing and Applying that "SCHMOO" into the places in needs to go... Once it begins to harden, applying a Layer of Clear Saran Wrap gently over the area will allow you to keep working and refining its Shape to Match the nearby material by carefully pushing and kneading it along with a Large Putty Knife. Once that Stuff Hardens - The Saran Wrap - Should Peel Right Off. :ok:

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So, I opened a help ticket with Cambodian Post as they lost my package. It was shipped out on the 15th and no further updates since.

I am unsure how I can get a refund if I cannot say the vendor or Amazon did anything wrong. So far Im put 200 bucks and pretty pissed off.
You should just go through the refund process with Amazon. I've had packages disappear or not arrive and Jeff just refunded no questions asked. In fact, I just did that a couple of days ago when a manometer didn't arrive from Cali. Got lost somewhere in Calgary.

If needed, you can also do the chat with them. They're pretty quick.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I'm certain that we all have our "Own, Subjective Pet Peeves" that are often difficult to apply any ratings against, But, honestly, for me "THE One" that literally, always "Bubbles Up" to the surface is to find my House Water Line Nozzle... Leaking.

God Knows, I've been SEDUCED so many times before by "The Promise of The Best Working Best Of ALL" over all these long years... and in more recent personal circumstances... I just don't have the patience to take the time and attention required to "Gently Lay the Nozzles Down onto the Concrete Driveway..."

Instead, I've relied upon just sort of... *ricocheting* ... them off of the Low Brush along my sidewalk, angled such as to absorb the initial impacts and just hope for the best. But in the End... The More Fancy and Colorful (and PLASTIC) their Designs have been, the SOONER they wind up disappointing me by falling apart.

In the recent past I've decided to use The KISS Principle by trying to get the All Metal Versions of these Pistol Grip Nozzles. But sadly, even THESE can be deceiving in their Hidden Fragility and they too (Whether Cushioned or Otherwise) always seem to fall apart "At the Drop of The Hose".

But, having discovered the irritating H2O Hemorrhage along the driveway in mid-afternoon today, I went immediately to Amazon and located Two All Metal Replacements in the fervent hope of getting a few more uses out of BOTH of these Replacements long before I have to order any more of these things once they too inevitably "Spring Leaks".

Amazon's Fulfillment surprises even me sometimes for their "Same Day, Amazon PRIME" speed of delivery , for within just a few hours after making this Order, THESE Two Items arrived. And it follows on that with no small amount of surprise, I'm taken by the fact that their Packaging Motif showed up in "Orange & Black" as a potential positive Omen presaging their future durability and successful application:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07MYWK5RY/?tag=gmtnation-20

Caveat Emptor: (Buyer Beware)

I cannot recommend this style of Garden Hose Pistol Sprayer for use in Colder Climbs as, if these Solid Metal Devices are allowed to FREEZE... their Metal Casings will certainly Burst Open Like a Frozen Cast Iron Water Pipe... a problem that we Floridians will never likely suffer.

METALNOZZLE1.jpgMETALNOZZLE2.jpgMETALNOZZLE3.jpgMETALNOZZLE6.jpg

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Had one of those, they work well but, mine only lasted about one season and started leaking and was not repairable.
I actually had my best luck with a French made one, and it is mostly plastic (go figure) the make was Claber, still using it after many years.
As an example:

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Thanks, Brother... ('preeshee8cha!)

OMG... and in THE Best Two-Tone *Halloween Livery*, EVER ...TOO!

CLABERHOSENOZZLE.jpgORANGEYARDHOSE.jpg

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Ordered a neon clock from the jungle and received a wooden balance tricycle....should have known better than to order during Christmas week (temp. help).... :duh:

100_4841.jpeg100_4842.jpeg

Last edited:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Got these from the Jungle for my JGC, one has become intermittent . Funny thing about Amazon shipping (not prime) but, take the free shipping and not the expedited shipping and you still get it at the expedited date :2thumbsup:
100_4857.jpeg100_4858.jpeg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online