What came in your mail today?

Hawkce541

Apr 28, 2021
Clarksville, TN
It says these are stock, but they don't look like what is on there. I can't find any mirrors that even come close to what is on there. It wouldn't let copy the pic.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This Item came today courtesy an Extremely Generous Offer from @hockeyman as a BNIB (Brand New In Box) ACDelco-Delphi Radio-CD meant for a 2003 GMC Envoy... even before my money has had the chance to reach him via a Letter in the U. S. Mail.

So... Thanks Marc... For the Trust ... For a Great Deal... And for the Thoughtfully Packed, Shipped and Handled With Care Item... right to my front door at Break-Neck Speed...!

Now I just have to figure out how to use it in place of the old one in the dashboard of my Y2K Blue Silverado.

P.S. You would have been disappointed about the "stopping by..." part... We are more or less in isolation again due to COVID-19 Variants and Health concerns... so we're being pretty incognito for the duration.

Attachments

• 2003ENVOYRADIOCD1.jpg
    2003ENVOYRADIOCD1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2003ENVOYRADIOCD2.jpg
    2003ENVOYRADIOCD2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2003ENVOYRADIOCD3.jpg
    2003ENVOYRADIOCD3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 2
  • 2003ENVOYRADIOCD4.jpg
    2003ENVOYRADIOCD4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 2003ENVOYRADIOCD5.jpg
    2003ENVOYRADIOCD5.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2003ENVOYRADIOCD6.jpg
    2003ENVOYRADIOCD6.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 4

flyboy2610

Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.
Well, it wasn't exactly in the mail. UPS brought it. Since I'm a UPS My Choice member, they delivered it to the UPS Access Point of my choice, where I'll pick it up. It was some pats for my model railroad.
I'll go get them tomorrow, when the UPS package containing the new 2 new headlights for the wife's '06 TB comes. May as well just get them both in one trip.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Not very exciting, but a string trimmer head adapter showed up a day early. Was able to get my replacement head installed nice and easy compared to when I bought the original a few years ago.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
6000 dollar bill.. Babys are expensive.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Received several things over the week for the Caprice. Wheel spacers, O2 sensors and a extender. Also received some LED panels to repair one of the lights in the RV and also upgrade the taillights.

Attachments

• PXL_20210918_200012724.jpg
    PXL_20210918_200012724.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 3

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Uh, shoes?

Yesterday, received a replacement wifi card for my laptop. It was slow on the 2.4ghz band and it would drop the connection on the 5ghz band. It had to be the same one because Lenovo has a whitelist in the BIOS that prevents you from upgrading to a better one. Otherwise, you have to invest in tools to access the BIOS chip directly and get some unknown coder to modify it for you which you can then re-write to the chip. For only $25, I just got a replacement. The new one is on top.

Attachments

• PXL_20210919_152124684~2.jpg
    PXL_20210919_152124684~2.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 3

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Top shelf upper ball joints for the Voy. Tired of replacing these every 3-4yrs, hoping these do much better.20210929_181937.jpg
Can any one who has installed these explain to me what the black metal ring is for?16329587971362274161064005152485.jpg16329588200582345906098935717526.jpg
16329589671097295365816318267358.jpg
These New York city streets will be the test. "OVERBUILT FOR DURABILITY"

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Is that an adapter for a press? The kit I used didn't have the right adapters, and I had to use some of my sockets. :Banghead:
Thanks @Blckshdw that makes a whole lot of sense. I've never had an issue using the rental big press set from auto zone.

Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I installed them and yes, it's an adapter for the press. I've had them for just 1.5 years and no complaints so far.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
LH and RH upper weather strip for the Envoy, GM 25775615 & 25775616 respectively. Been a tough find but was able to locate both last week.

I have the two lower strips for the rear doors and the inside door strips already, while long awaiting these to come around.

Screenshot_20210930-145443_Gallery.jpg

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
After recently watching a TST Waveform Diagnostician using a VERY EXPENSIVE IR Camera to instantly spot a Failed Lift Gate Module during a search for any problematic Envoy Modules and pinpoint the component causing a Parasitic Draw.

I thought, “Damnnnn… IMA GET me One of THOSE…”

But Jesus Palomino!… NOT For $1,500.00 - $4,000.00 ...NFW!

So I checked around to see if I could find something else to do this job as a used, reasonably priced “Infra-Red Camera" that might work in tandem with my Spare (No Sim Card) Samsung Galaxy S7.

I’m usually just using it as a Still Shot & Video Camera and also for more conveniently watching Netflix, HBOMAX and Amazon Prime Videos. In short order, I was able to spy THIS Thing on Amazon for $200.00:

I thought about quite a few of us being able to use this Damned Thing in so many different ways:

(1) @Blckshdw - For checking out his property and home for things like Hot & Cold Spots… Water Leaks and Heat signatures from Electrical Bus Panels… or perhaps even for watching the behavior of Nocturnal Animals around the Lake?

(2) @BrianF - for checking out his Barn and Hay Bales for any presence of dangerous spontaneous combustion … or at calving time when observing his Large Animals… Maybe even getting to see the Foals “in utero” for example?

(3) @xavierny25 and @TJBaker57 – Well... for just about EVERYTHING that they get involved with doing...

(4) @Mooseman ... For while he is hunting.... to see what might be trying to sneak up on him up there in The Woods of the GWN.

(5) ...and of course for ME ...to likewise be able to investigate possible clogged Auto Radiators, Trans Coolers and Coils On Plugs while looking for problematic “Hot...or... Cold Spots”. And also while trying to locate Africanized Bees and Hornet's Nests as "Hot Spots" at night around the property at a very safe distance when they are much less likely to get stirred up and hostile.

...and so forth and so on... THIS Gear is some Very Spooky Cool Technology and the FLIR ONE Android APP does the all work fairly automatically for you, too.

"SOOO MANY Ideas... SOOO Little Time..."

Attachments

• FLIRONE7.jpg
    FLIRONE7.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 4
  • FLIRONE8.jpg
    FLIRONE8.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 5
  • FLIRONE9.jpg
    FLIRONE9.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 4
  • FLIRONE10.jpg
    FLIRONE10.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 6
  • FLIRONE6.jpg
    FLIRONE6.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 4
  • FLIRONE5.jpg
    FLIRONE5.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 5
  • FLIRONE4.jpg
    FLIRONE4.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 5
  • FLIRONE3.jpg
    FLIRONE3.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 5
  • FLIRONE2.jpg
    FLIRONE2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 4
  • FLIRONE1.jpg
    FLIRONE1.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 5

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
(1) @Blckshdw - For checking out his property and home for things like Hot & Cold Spots… Water Leaks and Heat signatures from Electrical Bus Panels… or perhaps even for watching the behavior of Nocturnal Animals around the Lake?

I've actually had a few of those on my Amazon wish list for a while now. :yes:

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Mrrsm, that is sweet!!! Had no clue they had something so compact!!! You are correct, that is a great way to monitor the hay stack and if fact, something i will do. Through work I have access to a flir and from other goofing around I have done with it, wonder,like you said about a mare about to foal. I will talk with my wife and see if there are any known traits or signs that we can look for.

Reactions: Redbeard and mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
About 65 years ago, as a very young boy… I built my very first Radio from a Germanium Crystal Radio Set. This “Thing” that just arrived here this week fills me with the very same Awe and Wonder I felt back then ...but now as a Very Old Man ...I can see that THIS Radio i's just about the same size as that Original Blue Crystal Radio:

HACKRFNPORTAPACK1.jpgHACKRFNPORTAPACK2.jpgHACKRFNPORTAPACK3.jpgHACKRFNPORTAPACK5.jpgHACKRFNPORTAPACK4.jpgHACKRFNPORTAPACK6.jpg

But make NO mistake here, Guys… THIS “Thing” is NO TOY… The sheer amount of what can be done with this diminutive Hack-RF SDR Radio Technology (from 1 Mega-Hertz all the way up to 6 Billion Hertz) along with its very cleverly designed utility Lithium Battery Support Porta-Pack H2 simply staggers the imagination. It works as either a Stand-Alone Unit or by using a USB Cable to interface it with any PC or Laptop.

After recently investigating the Radio Technology behind the Modern TPMS systems in our Cars & SUVs, I vectored into researching this Tech and after watching the Original Designer (Michael Ossmann) of the HackRF Radio via his YouTube Training Lessons on “Software Designed Radio”/ His First Video showed how ANYONE can literally build ANY type of radio that you can imagine in software by using the Open Source Harck-RF Apps for both Windows and Linux:

https://www.tonex.com/training-cour...krf-advanced-software-defined-radio-training/

Want to listen to your favorite AM or FM station AND be able to ‘fine tune’ the Channels on a a back-lit Touch Screen using the same “Waterfall” Frequency Flow Screens that they use on sophisticated Submarine Sonars? Well THIS Damned Thing can do THAT, too.

But First Compare...

THIS is the NOOELEC OEM Version of the Original “Hack-RF” SDR Hardware priced at nearly $400.00 with NO Porta-Pack included!

https://www.amazon.com/Nooelec-HackRF-Complete-Bundle-Enclosure/dp/B07VZX2D2W/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1HP1NUG0CGLTY&dchild=1&keywords=hackrf+one+portapack+h2&qid=1634419560&sprefix=hackrf+and+port,aps,213&sr=8-9

The MUCH better alternative was to purchase this “GYMKO”-Like Knock-Off so I could get BOTH the Hack-RF Radio Base Unit AND the After-Market Porta-Pack for FULL portability and have it arrive fully assembled (and already loaded with the famous MAYHEM Firmware) at the same time for about HALF the OEM asking price off of Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/PortaPack-Aluminium-Software-1MHz-6GHz-Assembled/dp/B096846F2X/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1HP1NUG0CGLTY&dchild=1&keywords=hackrf+one+portapack+h2&qid=1634420007&sprefix=hackrf+and+port,aps,213&sr=8-3

Take note that in lieu of having to watch ALL of the HackRF Training Videos and need to write my own SDR Programs, this Half-Duplex Hack-RF unit comes with a Porta-Pack H2 RICH with features like the Touch Screen, Radio Tuning Button, Push Button Features and Navigation Buttons giving immediate access to all of the major, commonly used Radio Frequencies, including access to ADS-B Aircraft Communications, GPS Tracking of Radio Signals of Planes in the Air (or Cars on the Ground) MAPPED IN REAL TIME ON SCREEN using an Updated WORLD.BIN Map loaded with all of the other features onto the 32 Gig Micro-SD (not part of this purchase) that I bought and installed. I simply Downloaded the Fresh Software and Firmware to the Miro-SD and was immediately off and running.

Michael Ossmann ..The Founder and Designer of the Hack-RF SDR Equipment:

Just know that YOU can get into doing this stuff for a WHOLE LOT less Money and Effort than I’m investing here… and get started in SDR Radio via THIS Introduction Video:

Last edited:

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Ive got something weird going on. Never seen anything it like it.

I changed the oil in my 2010 Van a few weeks ago and noticed I was down to my last oil filter. Knowing better but not thinking at the time I told myself the same oil filter should work on the Envoy so I ordered 2 from that big place I wont name since I now owe them money...lol
Anyway I switched to using the Purolator BOSS oil filter so I ordered 2 of them and forgot about it.
2 weeks or so go by I get an email from them telling me the oil filters were lost in shipment and they were refunding my money. Seemed weird and i had totally forgot I ordered them but I ckd my account and sure enough the order had been cancelled and the funds paid back.
The very next day I ck my mail box and there is a package in there that I kid you not looked like it had been hit by a train, dumped in a river then thrown on the side of the interstate for a week.....inside it were 2 perfectly fine condition oil filters! Well Ill be damned cus I ordered 2 more the night before.... So i go in an cancel those.
So I got 2 free oil filters.......then about 4 days later.....I get 2 more!! I ck my account and the order had been cancelled so now I got 4 free new oil filters...........

But this story aint over yet!! Im now up to 8 new oil filters and the damn things just keep coming......I ck my account and both orders were cancelled, I have no idea whats going but about every 4 days I get 2 more oil filters!! I kinda (well not really) want to write them and tell them about the error..........but for some reason I keep forgetting....

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If it's the big smiley face store that Jeff built, I wouldn't worry about it. I think he can afford it. :biggrin: In any case, they'd probably tell you to keep them as it would cost too much to ship back.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
But this story aint over yet!! Im now up to 8 new oil filters and the damn things just keep coming......I ck my account and both orders were cancelled, I have no idea whats going but about every 4 days I get 2 more oil filters!! I kinda (well not really) want to write them and tell them about the error..........but for some reason I keep forgetting....
I'm not exactly seeing a problem here (well, one, but I'll get to that in a minute... )
Since these things are multiplying like tribbles, you've got to get them to new homes!
Time to start up 'Aaserv's oil filter emporium', online. Sell them in lots of 2, so you don't even have to open the boxes... just slap the new shipping label on them, out the door they go, and your bank account grows a little bit each day!
The only issues here are that your margins are artificially low, dictated by the retail price of the goods, and your selection is a bit limited. But as long as the packages keep coming... :whistle::woohoo:

If it's the big smiley face store that Jeff built, I wouldn't worry about it. I think he can afford it.
Agree. Turns out Shatner only had to pay $250,000 USD for his quick trip to the edge of space the other day.
I say 'only' because it sure as sh!t cost more than a million $ to send the four of them up. Hydrazine ain't cheap.
Of course, for the pub it generated, they coulda sent him up gratis, and still made money on the deal. 💰💰💰🏦

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got a refurbished model of the Android HU I destroyed before. The replacement screen they sent didn't work with the HU, which confirmed the main unit was screwed. They tried to sell me a "new" one, for considerably more than I paid for the original off Amazon, so I asked for my money back. That's when they offered me this one for $80 shipped. I'll risk that. :yes:

20211111_184225.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Had this RV antenna in my wish list until the price dropped. Well, one popped up as a warehouse deal as a returned item. $60 instead of the regular $190. Said it had major cosmetic damage. The box was opened but the antenna and accessories were intact. Gotta love these warehouse deals!

PXL_20211125_220912448.jpgPXL_20211125_220925436.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Said it had major cosmetic damage. The box was opened but the antenna and accessories were intact.

That was the same thing they said about the refurb HU I just got. Scratches and marks on it. I was only concerned with the screen condition, since that's all you really look at, but the whole unit was pristine. :blinkhuh:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I had been looking to purchase this antenna..

But it was priced at nearly 180..

Found an open box on eBay, and bought it. 2 days later, the normal price dropped to what I paid for it on eBay...

Its a fantastic antenna thou!

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Got the new fuel pressure regulators from Rock for the Accord. Opened up one of the packages (Beck / Arnley), and inside it is... a packaged Honda kit, their label / SKU, etc. 'Made In Japan', even.
Took a little bit of trial & error to take apart the pump to replace the FPR, but it *is* servicable, and you don't need band clamps, like with the GM pumps. I was impressed. :tongue: Even more so, since I didn't break the pump taking it apart. LOL
Anyway, got everything back together and started her up. All is well. Or, at least it was, for about 45min. Still evaluating, but fingers crossed. I'm sure she's well enough that I can put the Envoy in the garage and start tracking down the latest noise with that.

Had this RV antenna in my wish list until the price dropped. Well, one popped up as a warehouse deal as a returned item. $60 instead of the regular $190. Said it had major cosmetic damage. The box was opened but the antenna and accessories were intact. Gotta love these warehouse deals!

View attachment 102275View attachment 102276

I've never been disappointed in taking a chance on a 'return', yet. Merch is never in as 'bad' a condition as they state (most times, can't tell from new), and you always have a (free) return option, if it's not to your liking when you get it. Recommended.

Moose -- once you get this installed / evaluated (e.g.; once the snow melts!), let us know how it performed.

Reactions: BrianF and Mooseman

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Have had my eye on this bad boy for a couple of years now, price was only $126 when I first found it, and then shot up over $160 soon after. This is the first time I've seen it for under $140 so grabbed it. There was a lot of knock offs out there that were much cheaper, but given how recently I had to replace my tranny, didn't wanna risk it. Rated for 40,000 GVW :thumbsup:

20211128_104254.jpg20211128_104407.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
UPS delivered this to me today (via Amazon):
(for those wondering... it's a front mount hitch, for GMT800 trucks)

Unfortunately, it came just like this... with shipping labels tacked onto it. Which means it had no hardware package (nuts / bolts). I can live with that, since I got the thing for $75 off ('major cosmetic damage' turned out to be some of the powder coating scraped off the edge, where the mount is joined to the bar)

I contacted Curt, to see if they'd sell (give) me a hardware pkg; if not, I have the listing of the bolt sizes, etc., thanks to the instructions on their site... and I know 6 bolts / washers / nuts are not going to cost me $75, unless they're made of gold.

Now to get the Sierra back in hand, so I can mount it...

1638330303382.png

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online