What came in your mail today?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
One of them has a slight bend so I'll have to contact Amazon for either a replacement or a reduction as it's still usable.

Contacted the seller and he refunded $20 out of the $28 cost. I didn't ask for that much, was hoping for $10. Guess it's way cheaper to do this than pay for shipping. I'll take it! :wooot:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I ordered a Otterbox, and something from China got delivered. Didnt even open it, straight into the trash.

Corrected To: I ordered a Authentic Otterbox, and something from China got delivered. Since nothing from China is ever the real thing, straight into the trash.

My brother sent my son a toy set. It looks very complicated... But at least its not a Pinko.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt and BrianF

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yesterday, got one of those Handy Stitch, portable handheld sewing machines. Want to try and repair some damaged straps on a few items

and something from China got delivered

We've had reports on the local news, of people receiving random seeds in the mail from China. Really strange.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Yesterday, got one of those Handy Stitch, portable handheld sewing machines. Want to try and repair some damaged straps on a few items
Can you post a pic and how you like it?.. I might want something like that.:biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Can you post a pic and how you like it?.. I might want something like that.:biggrin:

This is the one I got, although the price went up $8 since I ordered it. :confused: It comes with mini spools of white, yellow and pink thread, an extra needle, needle threader, and a longer spool adapter that can take taller spools of thread.

20200729_111857.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I ordered a Authentic Otterbox, and something from China got delivered. Since nothing from China is ever the real thing, straight into the trash.

My brother sent my son a toy set. It looks very complicated... But at least its not a Pinko.
Correcting my above statement LOL..

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Going to install this to read the level of my fresh water tank in the motorhome. The 90s vintage system in there is sensors that display levels with a cascading light scale. I have yet to figure out WTF it's telling me. This awesome USA made gauge and new 33-240 ohm type sender will eliminate the guess work. :2thumbsup:
s-l1600.jpg

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Nothing coming in the mail since the USPS started having internal problems... anybody else noticing the change/slow down ?

• Angry
Reactions: Redbeard

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
I've noticed it slow down but not stop. I'm working on getting an automotive locksmith license so I bought a key machine and a bunch of cheap keys to practice on. The key machine showed up but the keys are stuck somewhere and no one really can give me a good answer to where they are. The only answer I get is "because of COVID". I'm getting tired of that blanket statement for anything that goes wrong.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It took about a month and a half for me to receive a letter envelope from CA. Apart from the social distancing thing, apparently because of more online shopping, it has slowed down mail considerable on both sides. Funny though that bills still come in on time :mad:

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Returned a malfunctioning pvc valve for the Ram and it bounced around Michigan for 4 days-between the same two distribution warehouses last week. Now I wonder what happens when I pay a bill and mail it and it is late. Do I get stuck with the late fees? And what happens with companies who pay by check and mail them to their employees? Difficult for employess to spend money when they don't receive it. It looks like the post office is pushing me to go electronic and I'm one of the "old farts" who likes to pay by check. Cause about once a year I get to wave a cleared check in front of person explaining their bill was paid. Plus I am waiting for my first rent check that today is 14 days late from out of state. If the renter says he mailed it who am I to believe? We are living in new times for sure.

Reactions: Matt and northcreek

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Its amazing to watch how some of these mail/package systems work.

If I send a package from Denver Colorado, going to Casper Wyoming
3 Day - Goes from Denver, to Denver (yes 2 stops), to Memphis or Cleveland, than to Casper
1 Day - Goes from Denver, to Denver, to Casper

One of these things is not like the other, and sounds rather wasteful.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Finally (over a week) of being lost in the mail, I received the sending unit for my RV's water tank gauge.
Looks like it was being used as a wheel chock to keep the mail truck from rolling down the ramp. Amazingly the fragile sender survived and is installed and working.
100_1470.JPG100_1471.JPG

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Another part and some tessa tape that may03lt turned me on to. Sticks way better than electrical tape, should make looming small harnesses a breeze and after wrapping a finger with it, I can tell you it's not coming off of some wires behind a dash or any interior.

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
Recall came in the mail for my 2010 Town and Country Minivan. Gasp.

Recall for: Emblem in center of steering wheel could come loose on air bag deployment.

.... you must be kidding. No wait:

Remedy: no current remedy available. They will contact me by mail when a repair solution is available.

Okay. Pretty sure I could permanently solve this problem myself ......
Yes, it would create an empty space there. I think I have a GMTNation sticker that would cover the hole .......

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Had to bite the bullet and buy a fresh set of 18v batts. I wanted to move up to the 20v tools but my two hammer drills have good chucks and work well so I'm good for awhile.
That being said, how the hell are the tools cheaper than the batteries :confused:
100_1482.JPG

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
That being said, how the hell are the tools cheaper than the batteries

Those are NiCd's right? Not directed at you, but my guess is that they fool most people that a battery pack should be the same price and group them into the market of the Li-Ion packs.

A good 18650 battery is expensive, and I believe Tesla is the manufacturer. Those I don't believe have those cells, but when a battery pack is on the shelf for $70, then maybe the uneducated consumer won't think twice if a NiCd pack is next to it priced the same.

I agree, no way a NiCd pack should be anywhere in the ball park of that price.

Unless I'm missing something.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Those are NiCd's right? Not directed at you, but my guess is that they fool most people that a battery pack should be the same price and group them into the market of the Li-Ion packs.

A good 18650 battery is expensive, and I believe Tesla is the manufacturer. Those I don't believe have those cells, but when a battery pack is on the shelf for $70, then maybe the uneducated consumer won't think twice if a NiCd pack is next to it priced the same.

I agree, no way a NiCd pack should be anywhere in the ball park of that price.

Unless I'm missing something.
That could very well be the reason or maybe it's like printer ink, you buy a reasonably priced printer or tool and now they keep you coming back for unreasonably priced ink or batteries...:poke:

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
That could very well be the reason or maybe it's like printer ink, you buy a reasonably priced printer or tool and now they keep you coming back for unreasonably priced ink or batteries...:poke:

I agree.

OTOH, This way is likely better as I'm fine with paying these high prices of batteries, if the add-on tool prices remain reasonable..

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
PO had dragged something across the console and gouged the selector switch which always bothered me (anal).
Got a smoking deal on this from LKQ and will sell my old one for the same price (as it functions fine).
9e257699741f1bd67580d3be04d2bc87.jpg

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Warranty 18" 3/8 ratchet from tekton. She took some abuse but broke the drive off on a caliper bracket bolt that was slathered in red locktite. Sent me a whole new ratchet, I could buy a rebuild kit from them for the other one and have two... Hmmmm

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Have wanted a 10" tablet for a while, but didn't want to shell out that much money. Been keeping an eye on on the prices of refurbs, and finally found something to my liking. So my Galaxy Tab 4 showed up today. :biggrin:

Only had a thin bubble wrap envelope, which ended up being fine, but when I heard the UPS driver plop the thing outside my door, and found the exterior box slightly crushed on one side, I was a little irritated by it. :mad:

20201008_134240.jpg

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Half the parts for my front end rebuild.. Still needing the control arms.

Reactions: BrianF and Matt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online