What came in your mail today?

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Only tried it out from the recliner so far lol. Haven't reorganized my box yet.

However I am impressed with quality and how well they seem like they'll work. The individual rails slide off for transport so that's very nice.

When you get a chance, post a link to these. I got a set from HF recently, but could use more / better ones. Saw them above from your earlier post. Thanks!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
A New in the box BlueFusion
A New set of headlights for the Buick

Bills..

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Something that wasnt supposed to show up until Tuesday.. Hood Struts!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Something that wasnt supposed to show up until Tuesday.. Hood Struts!

If they're the Redline ones, for your XUV, be mindful the mounting location in the instructions will have your hood opening a bit lower than with the stock prop rod, so adjust accordingly.

Reactions: xavierny25

Beacon

Mar 22, 2019
SouthWestern PA
When you get a chance, post a link to these. I got a set from HF recently, but could use more / better ones. Saw them above from your earlier post. Thanks!

edit
Are the HF ones Junk? I like to just grab a rack and ratchet, maybe an extension, and go under a car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mounce

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Are the HF ones Junk? I like to just grab a rack and ratchet, maybe an extension, and go under a car.

No... I wouldn't call them junk -- not the one I got, anyway. They have a few different types.

Here's what I got... it's a 3pc set for 1/2, 3/8, 1/4 drive; I got it specifically for the 1/2, as I use that 90% of the time, these days. $10 for all three, and I didn't consider it $10 wasted.

It's a double-row setup, so you can put both regular and deep sockets in the trays. There's no 'handle', but that's OK for me, as that might make it too tall for the drawer I keep it in, anyway. They make them in metric & SAE. The sockets don't 'lock' into their slots, but neither do they fall out. Nice large numbers, so I can easily read the sizes (nearly impossible on my black impacts.) And I do take the tray and bring it to the job. What I don't yet do is put the sockets immediately back in their spots after I use them. :bonk:

PS: The bare aluminum rail type -- those, I *would* call junk. Picked them up several years ago ($1 ea., IIRC), and found out that none of the clips were wide enough to hold the sockets. I probably could've bent them into compliance, but didn't feel like aggravating myself further at the time, since each clip would have to be done one at a time, and it would be trial and error. Wasn't worth it.

Reactions: Beacon

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Got the new starter for the Saab. Ordered it yesterday. Love living next door to an Amazon distribution center!

Attachments

• IMG_20191111_121942.jpg
    IMG_20191111_121942.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 4

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
steering shaft, led flasher, round under dash mount for connecting to port 2 on the stereo, a square in dash usb port for port 1 on the stereo, two 90 degree usb adapters, 7 pin dip switch to recalibrate my speedo without soldering and unsoldering jumpers, one 3/8 npt bung, 90 degree elbow and valve for adding a cooler to the tranny, 1/4 npt bung for the temp gauge. All this for the build. flux for soldering electronics comes today.

Attachments

• led flasher and steering shaft.jpeg
    led flasher and steering shaft.jpeg
    449.4 KB · Views: 7
  • parts.jpeg
    parts.jpeg
    429.4 KB · Views: 6

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Lotsa goodies showed up today. Bought a used pressure washer from a buddy for $50, and want to be better equipped to wash the truck at home, and not have to go to one of those DIY stalls to blow stacks of quarters. :hopeless:

• 50' expanding hose, came with a mounting hook, and a multi-select spray nozzle. Didn't really need that stuff, but it was cheap so :cool:
  • 10 pack of male/female 3 wire pigtails for the tail light project
  • Still in route, a M22 to 1/4" adapter set, so I can convert my pressure washer wand from a long gun to a short gun

20191114_182719.jpg

• Drill brush set, for getting the wheels cleaner, faster
  • Foam cannon to suds up the truck, and eliminate repeat trips to the bucket. Came with the wash mitt (have one of those already too)
  • Soft bristle bush with pole extensions. Can be hooked up to a hose to provide water through the head, came with an inline valve too.
  • Rattle can of flat black paint with primer for plastics

20191114_182755.jpg

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
> Hatch strut for the wife's Nox.
> Reconditioned (looks new to me) floor nailer for upcoming rug to hardwood winter project. No brainer, rent for $35 per day or own for $50 shipped.100_4630.JPG100_4632.JPG100_4633.JPG

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
It's to the point where my wife asks what car parts I ordered every time there's a package for me so I think I need to buy something fun in the near future. Anyway, front rotors for the wife's Equinox. I'll be doing brakes all around but the pedal pulsation and front end chatter she doesn't notice when decelerating from highway speeds annoys the hell out of me. 20191126_152814.jpg

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Anyway, front rotors for the wife's Equinox. I'll be doing brakes all around but the pedal pulsation and front end chatter she doesn't notice when decelerating from highway speeds annoys the hell out of me.
Funny, I drove my wife's Nox today and noticed the brake pedal pulsing too, and like your wife, she never mentioned it.

Reactions: Redbeard and Eric04

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My wife doesn't notice flat tires :bonk:

Reactions: Redbeard and Eric04

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
It's to the point where my wife asks what car parts I ordered every time there's a package for me so I think I need to buy something fun in the near future.

It's to the point where my wife asks what car parts I ordered every time there's a package for me so I think I need to buy something fun for her in the near future.

FTFY
Remember... happy wife, happy life 🤗

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
A bit off subject, but related. I was reading on Reddit today with the question posed "What is your favorite gift that was sent to you?" One of the folks mentioned receiving a box filled with packing peanuts and finding a couple of coins inside of the box. With no return label. AKA a "mystery" gift. And considering it's almost Christmas season I was thinking about doing the same thing myself. We don't have kids, so I just may need to enlist my cousins kids as said recipients. It should place some grins on several kids faces. Just thinking out loud in the event there are any kids in your life you might like see light up by something simple in jesture.

Reactions: Eric04

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
It's to the point where my wife asks what car parts I ordered every time there's a package for me so I think I need to buy something fun for her in the near future.

FTFY
Remember... happy wife, happy life 🤗
I'm sure that's what she is driving at but after 28 years of marriage one of the skills I've mastered is pretending to not understand what she's driving at.

• Haha
Reactions: Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
My wife doesn't notice flat tires :bonk:
If it makes you feel any better, my wife didnt notice the engine knocking, and a oil light on the dash..

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got some more goodies. 2 gang old work electrical box, 3 position fan wall switch, and a wall plate that will all be going in the back hallway where the hall light is. Got a 6.5" battery operated circular saw, and an 8' LED shop light to cover my long and narrow kitchen.

20191202_170830.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You'll also be calling the alignment shop on friday for a late appointment on Saturday.

I'm gonna skip the brackets, those bushings looked OK compared to the swaybar and yoke bushings that were badly cracked and split.

Reactions: Matt

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I still say we need to get Detroit Axle to become a retailer on our site LOL

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Less exciting than previous posts, a warranty replacement backup camera, and one of those face wrap ice pack gimmicks in prep for getting my wisdoms cut out of my face in a few weeks. :wowfaint:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hopefully my new gunstock comes in, but the good news is I just got the call that my mail from Black Friday was delivered to the FFL.

Reactions: Beacon

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Used up some Amazon gift credits from stuff that got returned.

Got a quick charging wireless base for my phone. Same brand that I got for the truck, but for use on my nightstand, since my Samsung charger doesn't like the 2 metal plates on the case. You have to center the battery perfectly centered or it complains and won't charge. Real PIA if I'm in bed and reach over to put the phone down.

20200106_175623.jpg

My older-than-dirt Bluetooth earpiece won't hold a charge for more than a few hours without being plugged in, so it was time to replace that. My Beats headphones are too big to take to the beach with me, and the wired earbuds that came with the phone don't like to stay in very well if I move around a lot. Plus, cords... :ugh: Got these since they come with a charging case, can be used independently since both have a mic, and are IPX8 rated (waterproof)

20200106_175605.jpg

Scooped up some Husky Liners floor mats for the front. Misplaced my driver's mat many years ago at a car wash, and had been using one of the small rear mats in its place. Many of the little nubs on the bottom of all the mats have sheared off, so they move around a decent bit. They fit really well, so I'm happy. Should make post-beach cleanup much easier with the sand that gets tracked in. :yes:

20200106_175201.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
a 5.56 upper that I won in a drawing.
I was just looking at a .223 wylde upper for the next build.

I got my rear door handle in the mail since the bracket rusted out on factory.

Reactions: Matt and djthumper

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
CTA half size impact flip sockets -- you don't know fun until you run into a dodge or Ford with the lug nut caps swelling and separating from the underlying acorn. The hammer on - hammer off socket routine blows. 18.5, 19, 19.5, 21, 21, 21.5, 22, and 22.5.

Gearwrench 8-22mm 3/8s impact swivel sockets. Sunex 1/2 impact swivel. New battery for my stinger hl work light.

20200114_193324(1).jpg

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Another tekton order. I might be addicted.

Picked up a 1/2 deep impact set, 36" 25" and 17" pry bar set, 18inch 3/8 ratchet for those extra tight bolts, a 4 piece impact adapter set, and some extra 3/8 and 1/2 socket holder clips for my socket organizers.

Oh, and a Toast shirt and some stickers for my tool cart from cleetus mcfarland.

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
3/8 m12 Milwaukee non-fuel ratchet. Much smaller than the fuel version and have seen the performance of a few over a couple years span vs the fuel version. Non-fuel does fine for automotive work and is way less bulky. Size did matter in my decision on this.

5 pack of orange snap on pocket screwdrivers with magnet on the other end, got the multipack for the value compared to a single. This is one of my most valued, universal tools. Got one from the source (truck) over a year ago and it has been BEAT. I use it for everything from prying to screwing to cutting tape on boxes. My old one was worn past the outer plating down to the copper base coat on the head and pocket clip, twisted on the screw driver head, bent on the shaft, and I've super glued the magnet back in after the handle cracked and released it. She's a trooper. Went with orange to match the tool cart, plus I like bright colors anyways.

20200212_192643(1).jpg

Lastly a new black dickies hoodie. Gotta take it and give it to the manager to be embroidered with the company jargon and my name to make it proper. Won a hoodie from corporate a while back in a company competition and its getting pretty worn out after 2 years.

Oh, and yesterday was a multimeter lead kit, astro pneumatic master quick connect fuel/trans disconnect set, astro radiator hose pick set, and gearwrench 3/8 extension set.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Set of new plugs for the Sierra. Couldn't find (GM) iridiums for it. Found out that GM backspec'd down to platinums for the '03-'07 Classics, via service bulletin. Got those (41-962) for $22 and change, shipped from a US vendor. Appear to be authentic (non-counterfeit); we'll see how they do once I get the new heads on.

On the way... torque angle gauge (again, for the heads).

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Power steering pump for the Voy. It started squealing on start up last week and with over 200k miles it's time to lay it to rest.20200217_193535.jpg
Got to look at the "how-to's" on which puller to use on the pulley.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online