What came in your mail today?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I guess I should reword that, I know the DRL's do some funky crap that would kill an HID ballast if directly connected, since this kit only gets triggered by the stock lighting does it effectively bypass the funky crap the DRL's do that would normally kill ballasts?
You'd need a capacitor link to smooth that out still.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
You'd need a capacitor link to smooth that out still.
I'm looking for some other caps I have layng around somewhere but so far i've found a couple 470uf 10volt, I assume I can't use those as the voltage rating is below 12 volt?

looking back at my Amazon history I should also have some 2200uf and 1000uf 25volt caps, if I can find any of those are those good for the cap mod? Or should I buy some different caps and not waste time digging for those?

Edit: I have 4 of the 470uf 10v caps, could I wire them in series to increase the voltage rating? from a quick google search it looks like I can. Caps are one of my weak points in my electrical wiring knowledge.

Last edited:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I'm looking for some other caps I have layng around somewhere but so far i've found a couple 470uf 10volt, I assume I can't use those as the voltage rating is below 12 volt?

looking back at my Amazon history I should also have some 2200uf and 1000uf 25volt caps, if I can find any of those are those good for the cap mod? Or should I buy some different caps and not waste time digging for those?

Edit: I have 4 of the 470uf 10v caps, could I wire them in series to increase the voltage rating? from a quick google search it looks like I can. Caps are one of my weak points in my electrical wiring knowledge.
You could do that. Most places sell a cap link you could just plug in with the harness too. Two in series would be 20v though and more than adequate.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
The new Light fixture I ordered from Amazon Monday the 9TH and the Tranny Fluid and new Grille for the civic that I ordered Wednesday Morning at like 2:30 in the morning from Ebay (just waiting on the crush washer for the tranny bolt that I also ordered). #AmazonWithoutPrimeIsHorrible I'm pretty sure they intentionally delay shipments of non-prime orders by a week just to force people to buy prime.

Attachments

• 20190920_222448.jpg
    20190920_222448.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190920_222539.jpg
    20190920_222539.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190920_224008.jpg
    20190920_224008.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 6

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Radio, harness, install kit, antenna adapter, and front door speakers+pigtail adapters to keep from cutting factory wires all for the trailblazer. Rear speakers already replaced.

Stock radio locked ON a couple weeks ago even with key off and RAP off so I had to pull the fuse. Went back into normal operation after putting the fuse back in but I can't trust it. It sits for a week at a time sometimes so I refuse to let it burn down by a radio fault that I've already seen lol. Plus it gave me an excuse to finally put a nice Bluetooth pioneer in it and combo in the front speakers.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
I can tell what was not in the mail today... bloody amazon order. Thanks to Canada Post, the order was in Saskatoon yesterday, next stop is usually Crimetown and I get parcels the next day, which would have been today. Instead, the online tracking shows it was shipped back to Ontario this morning and then shipped out later in the day. Not sure what they are trying to do but Saskatoon is a little bit closer to my address than Thunder Bay.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
Radio, harness, install kit, antenna adapter, and front door speakers+pigtail adapters to keep from cutting factory wires all for the trailblazer. Rear speakers already replaced.

Stock radio locked ON a couple weeks ago even with key off and RAP off so I had to pull the fuse. Went back into normal operation after putting the fuse back in but I can't trust it. It sits for a week at a time sometimes so I refuse to let it burn down by a radio fault that I've already seen lol. Plus it gave me an excuse to finally put a nice Bluetooth pioneer in it and combo in the front speakers.

funny story, back like last year or the year before the dirt cheap Pioneer I put in my Firebird was giving me issues so I decided to pull the Pioneer single din from teh Trailblazer and put it into that car and upgrade to a Pioneer double Din, little did I realize I did this upgrade (which added Bluetooth to the firebird) just weeks before the new Hands Free Law went into effect in Georgia. I made my cars compliant by random chance, simply because I wanted a nicer radio for the Trailblazer instead of getting another radio for the firebird.

I can tell what was not in the mail today... bloody amazon order. Thanks to Canada Post, the order was in Saskatoon yesterday, next stop is usually Crimetown and I get parcels the next day, which would have been today. Instead, the online tracking shows it was shipped back to Ontario this morning and then shipped out later in the day. Not sure what they are trying to do but Saskatoon is a little bit closer to my address than Thunder Bay.
Sounds Like they highered the Old DHL crew.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Over the course of the week.... Few pairs of 3757 LEDs for the tail lights. Thought they were just 2 sided from the pics, but they are 3 sided instead. Even better! :cool:

Not pictured, Dorman tail light circuit board, dielectric grease, and some electric parts cleaner

20191013_163123.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
New front park / turn lamp housings for the Sierra, from Amzn.
When I got the truck, the PO had swapped out bumper / grille / lighting w/ a C3 Denali. However, I found out, after I put the OEM bumper back on, that the Denali housings didn't work w/ the grille, and the Denali grille didn't work w/ the OEM bumper. Grrrr.... lol. Thankfully, it only cost me $35 to fix that (but 2 days' time, while I waited for Amzn to deliver the housings one at a time over Sat / Sun.)

Oh, and I also picked up some plastic epoxy to repair on of the headlamp housings, which had the mounting points broken. They're the halo projectors, so I didn't want to put the OEM housings back in (or, more correctly, buy them & put them in)

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Knukoncept knf60 fused power/ground distribution block.
Worth the money for the amount of configurations and applications it can be used in.
Bet you could power a shit load of bulbs with that....:biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: Blckshdw

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Tekton 43 piece 3/8 metric socket set and a socket organizer/holder. Very impressed with the quality in this kit. Glad I chose this $70 set over buying Icon socket sets which are what? $50 for shallow and $50 for deep sockets only with no ratchet, extensions, universal joint, carrying case? I'm sold.

Screenshot_20191024-204312(1).png

Socket organizer is all twist-lock and each individual rail unlocks and slides out of need be. Rails are indexed with little ridges so that the socket posts don't just slide around on the rail. Very nice.

Screenshot_20191024-202939(1).png

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
A garage door opener (the wifes motor blew the gear off)
Cell Phone Charging Cables
Bluetooth module for a car I was gonna buy, but decided not to.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Picked these up today in NY. That quarter window is for the Caprice. My glass is fine but had lost its chrome trim, which was apparently an issue for '11. Shocks are for the TB. They are the Bilstein 5100 for lifted trucks. Needed to replace the rears as the old ones are just bouncy and later want to do a mild lift so all I'll need are the fronts. Brakes are the SS Advantage rotors with the Pro pads. Wanted to give the coated rotors a try and since they are the beefier SS, they should be fine as far as longevity. I'll see how long that coating lasts in a Canadian winter.
IMG_20191102_150730_resized4706085569748851684.jpgIMG_20191102_151034_resized2954458973672997646.jpg

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
New energy suspension Tranny Mount cam in. The old one had a catastrophic failure to the base plate. New diff cover came in. I didn't like the design of the one I got before. Will be putting it up for sale. New bell housing for the NV4500 MW3. The old one had two of four bolt holes striped. Temp gauge that matches my instrument cluster.Trans mount.jpeg

Diff cover2.jpegDiff cover1.jpegBell housing 1.jpegbell housing 2.jpegTrans temp.jpeg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Well it came as email with notice of being mailed, but I got my hunting license to go out to Iowa and try to drop some pheasants!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Can you say "excessive packaging"? Yeah, two wipers each in their own box.

Attachments

• IMG_20191105_144055.jpg
    IMG_20191105_144055.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 11

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Can you say "excessive packaging"? Yeah, two wipers each in their own box.

There's a story to that. From what I know, Amazon use an algorithm for packaging and truck loading to use the cargo space the most "efficient" way possible. That's why, to us, the way they package stuff doesn't make sense.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
There's a story to that. From what I know, Amazon use an algorithm for packaging and truck loading to use the cargo space the most "efficient" way possible. That's why, to us, the way they package stuff doesn't make sense.
Also, up to a point, "size doesn't matter" it's the weight that kills you on shipping.

Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've seen small stuff get shipped in a box when a bubble envelope would have sufficed. Seeing their delivery cars full to the brim makes me wonder why it would be more efficient?

Anyway, those wipers will get a get a good winter test tonight as they're calling for 9cm (3.5") of snow and I'm working a night shift. Gotta remember to bring the snow brush.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Also, up to a point, "size doesn't matter" it's the weight that kills you on shipping.

I dont know.. I ordered a Belt Driven garage door opener last week. and it came in a box I could have fit 3 of those garage door openers in. It was excessive, and very bulky to move around.

In my mail came a notice that I need to cut down my weeds... I called the city to ask them about it since I dont have any, and they want me to cut down all my flowers, flower stalks, etc. I know its winter, and all the flowers have gone into hibernation, but the seeds are still on the stalks. I think they are on a hunting expedition, and they dont realize I will fight back.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I dont know.. I ordered a Belt Driven garage door opener last week. and it came in a box I could have fit 3 of those garage door openers in. It was excessive, and very bulky to move around
That's my point, the seller/shippers aren't penalized for size as much as weight so they go the "one box fits all" route, plus the buyer is usually paying for it anyways.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Received an Amazon Basics luggage scale to weigh, well, luggage! :biggrin:

Another one that a bubble pack would have sufficed rather than a 3x sized box. I tell ya, we recycle so many boxes, they send a truck just for our house :laugh:

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Compression fitting for my new set of air horns, the kit from Hadley came with a plastic insert. Torqued it till it bottomed out and when I gave it air the hose flew out. Went to home depot and replaced the plastic insert with a brass one and now my first horn has a couple friends.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online