littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
20190710_121442.jpg20190710_121813.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
My wife would do good on here since she is constantly placing leds in and outside of our house, I on the other hand am always turning lights off in the name of energy conservation.
We affectionately refer to each other "lamp lighter" and "light Nazi"...lol

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
My wife would do good on here since she is constantly placing leds in and outside of our house, I on the other hand am always turning lights off in the name of energy conservation.
We affectionately refer to each other "lamp lighter" and "light Nazi"...lol
"NO LIGHT FOR YOU!" :rotfl:

We've been switching over the house as well actually. The only other thing that came today was a hair dryer... no reason to post that.

Reactions: Matt and northcreek

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
First of several deliveries of accessories for the RV. Also a set of brake pads for the TB as I am doing the big brake upgrade.

IMG_20190711_122518.jpgIMG_20190711_122523.jpgIMG_20190711_122732.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Curious to know how well the salt blaster works for you. :yes:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015

x2. Although I wouldn't use it on yellow jackets; they don't bother me much, and they prey on other bugs. :laugh:

As for me... new hub for the Envoy arrived from Rock. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Matt

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
x2. Although I wouldn't use it on yellow jackets; they don't bother me much, and they prey on other bugs. :laugh:

Boy!.. you must have reformed Yellow Jackets where you live. They crash every outdoor food event here, not so much now but, late summer they are real pest.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
No, we get that behavior from them, too.

In late summer, the female workers leave their nests, and they're attracted to food, as you mentioned, since their diet is high in sugars / carbs. They're more aggressive then, too, and since they're wasps, they can sting repeatedly. So don't flail wildly if there's a bunch around you... lol.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Got my 16" bar and some loops of Oregon low profile chain. 1 loop for the 16 and another for the 18" bar. Wasn't long that I ripped into everything and had to tape the packaging closed as I had chain hanging everywhere.

I like the low kickback chain. When sharp it cuts as fast as I need, stays sharp for quite some time and is controllable in the brush.

The 16" will work good for limbing as it will take less power to turn and rev up to speed quicker.20190726_123740.jpg

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
I bought the original, actually eight of them and had them mailed to the Middle East. That was back in 2012 when the only way to get one was from there website. Killed wasp at close range.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
For the money($30 shipped), the thing is well made but, I'm a little disappointed at the effectiveness of it. Mine is the 2.0 Garden model which shoots a bigger load of salt than the 2.0 home model.
I've upped the load to coarse Sea Salt which is the 00 buckshot of the salt world. It takes about 5 shots to effectively kill a huge horse fly, you kind of just maim them repeatedly until their lights go out.
They just came out with the 3.0 Black Fly model which may have been a better choice for me.
maxresdefault.jpg

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
For the money($30 shipped), the thing is well made but, I'm a little disappointed at the effectiveness of it. Mine is the 2.0 Garden model which shoots a bigger load of salt than the 2.0 home model.
I've upped the load to coarse Sea Salt which is the 00 buckshot of the salt world. It takes about 5 shots to effectively kill a huge horse fly, you kind of just maim them repeatedly until their lights go out.
They just came out with the 3.0 Black Fly model which may have been a better choice for me.
View attachment 90355

I bought 8 of the original ones and had them shipped to Abu Dhabi. We killed camel flies and wasp. I still have two of them and still use them. I plan on getting two of these.

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Refresh kit for an old stihl chainsaw my brother got tired of trying to fix and replaced, gave me the old mare thinking she'll be put to pasture, that won't be the case though if this 20 bucks fixes it lol.

Screenshot_2019-08-13-19-13-28-1.png

Lower control arm bushings and a summit white touch up pen for the many blemishes she has.

Screenshot_2019-08-13-19-13-25-1.png

Moog HD idler arm and HD pitman arm, inner tie rod ends and TTX outters to match my other TTX goodies.

Screenshot_2019-08-13-19-13-22-1.png

And finally a case of oil for my typical thousand mile late oil change. I've heard good things about this cheap synthetic, heck, it's dexos approved so its gotta be decent.

Screenshot_2019-08-13-19-13-31-1.png

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got my O2 sensor from Amazon today, open the box and find anti seize all over the threads, sensor, and plug. I'm assuming this is used, unless these are suppose to ship like that. :mad: I'll send this back, and pick one up locally tomorrow.

On the way home from work, stopped off at HF and picked up a sensor wrench, and a smaller pair of safety glasses. One of the pairs I have is much larger on your face, damn near chemistry class goggles :laugh: , which is good sometimes, but other times I want something smaller, like when I'm running the mower or string trimmer. These should be much better.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Got my O2 sensor from Amazon today, open the box and find anti seize all over the threads, sensor, and plug. I'm assuming this is used, unless these are suppose to ship like that. :mad: I'll send this back, and pick one up locally tomorrow.

View attachment 90507

They are supposed to come that way, at least on the threads. The one I got yesterday from Amazon had it on the threads only. However, there is supposed to be a cover over the sensor end, and threads. Mine was missing this, looks like yours was too. I went to Advanced Auto, and they had the same sensor in stock, and I pulled it out of the box, and it was in the same condition. I would use what you got, and call it a day. It was likely a LOT cheaper than what you will find at your parts stores.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It was likely a LOT cheaper than what you will find at your parts stores.

Yeah the majority of the stores near me don't have the AC Delco available for pickup, they're mostly ship to store/home. The one that does, wants twice as much for it, so I'll give this one a shot then.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Got my switch and steering wheel bulbs for my 07. Also, got a recoil pad for the Mossberg 590.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Sound bar for the tv came in from my 10 years from the company.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I don't even know
20190829_195040.jpg20190829_195050.jpg

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
GPS antenna for a nav unit
Bluetooth for the same nav unit
bills

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Nav disc for the upcoming install.. Just a few more days to go!

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Well, my new TV remote came in. Havent had one in a long time (2012). Been using the two legged remote but decided that I want it back (now its 2019).

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got the window switch panel for the DD. Buttons decided to get flaky and the buttons cost near same as full new panel w buttons.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So which brand did you go with?

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
This but for my Civic. But it does make me ask the question, does the relay harness that comes with this kit make it so I don't have to lose the auto headlights and DRL's if I did this to my Trailblazer? I've got the Diode mod at the BCM under the rear seat to get the quad highbeams but when I eventually swap out to the other headlights I'm gonna need brighter lights to overcome the smoked lenses and I really don't want to lose the auto headlights.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
This but for my Civic. But it does make me ask the question, does the relay harness that comes with this kit make it so I don't have to lose the auto headlights and DRL's if I did this to my Trailblazer? I've got the Diode mod at the BCM under the rear seat to get the quad highbeams but when I eventually swap out to the other headlights I'm gonna need brighter lights to overcome the smoked lenses and I really don't want to lose the auto headlights.
The relay harness is triggered via the factory light socket. So no, all function is retained and auto still works! :tiphat:

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
The relay harness is triggered via the factory light socket. So no, all function is retained and auto still works! :tiphat:
I guess I should reword that, I know the DRL's do some funky crap that would kill an HID ballast if directly connected, since this kit only gets triggered by the stock lighting does it effectively bypass the funky crap the DRL's do that would normally kill ballasts?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.