What came in your mail today?

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
(over the weekend...) The title for the new Sierra. And some tax forms.
Damn, I hate last year's tax changes.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Power brake booster and master cylinder.20190116_175501.jpg
I'm going to take a day off from work tomorrow to get this stuff swapped into the Voy. I'll be doing this in the warmth of my brothers shop. I'll have all the tools I'll ever need there and a much needed vise to bleed the master. I'm so damn spoiled now that my bro has all that shop/garage for me to play in. Lol

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Details please, where you buy that from?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Purchased.. Thanks!

Reactions: xavierny25

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
My new "proper" fog lights.

piaa-05461-540-dual-hr.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
4qt of Dex LS 75-90 gear oil, for the Qsteer axle on the 'new' Sierra. Takes 3; got an extra for spillage / top-ups.

Now if it would only get warm, so I could start the work. Thinking of getting a Big Buddy for the garage. I have two portables, but they just can't cut it in these temps.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
my work schedule and my lazy sleep all day weekends has kept me from getting to Lowes so I said screw it, With the FREE My Lowes account you get free shipping on Parcel packages so I just ordered the part I needed online and had it delivered. I changed sinks in my bathroom and needed a fresh one of these to cur to the proper length.

Also unrelated but my damn Alternator failed on the way home tonight so I just spent the better part of an hour outside in the 28 degree weather ripping out the old alternator to give myself a headstart tomorrow morning since I CANNOT miss even a minute of work, we've got a meeting at the end of the day and I've got to finish the drawing changes before the meeting. But at least I did find it was a clamp needing tightening on the thermostat housing that was causing that coolant leak on that side and NOT the bolts into the block being stripped.

Attachments

• 20190125_033608.jpg
    20190125_033608.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Mooseman

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yesterday, a 2" cooling gel, memory foam mattress topper, to buy me some time before splurging on a new bed. Was considering a 3" or 4" but too many reviews talked about rips either on delivery, while putting them on the bed, or after normal usage. Not sure if it was because I was exhausted from being on my feet all day, but it felt pretty soft and I slept like a rock. True test will be this weekend after being lazy. :thumbsup:

20190124_221116 (3).jpg

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
made in the ol us of a.
Actually came in Nov, but just located it on my camera and installed it last week. Purchased this capacitor for backup on my house a/c. About $30 on ebay (most ccc runs from $10-20) and the a/c companies add a Hundred dollar note for keeping one on their trucks. Ask me how I know :sadcry: Plus the $70 trip charge.
1548431207754.png

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
A new tube of thermal paste since I lost the last one so I can move the AIO from my Intel to my Ryzen system.

also did the whole alternator removal and reinstall in a combined time of about an hour and a half (hour to get out, half to get in) which I think is pretty decent for those of us that have either replaced thermostats or alternators on the 4.2 and know how big a pain it is with that damn bottom bolt.

Attachments

• 20190125_135116.jpg
    20190125_135116.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 4

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Got my 1" rear spring spacers forgot to order these when I got my beltech kit. :duh: I want to sit just a little lower then stock height in the rear and level the front end to mmatch. Front drop struts are on the "to order list". 20190125_133716.jpg
may i ask what you paid for those? Been eyeballing the exact same ones but they are pretty pricey :sadcry:

eBay....Screenshot_20190125-135751_eBay.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Man, I gotta stay off Amazon. Stuff I've received recently backwards order:
Starter for my son's Silvy
Wireless Remote control for my phone to control music player while riding
Another remote I tried that was garbage and kept disconnecting from my phone (returned same day)
Winter work gloves
Replacement sliders for my sled
Sledding pants for my son

I need to find an AA chapter (Amazon Anonymous) :biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got an electronic water de-scaler. Had been looking at these for a while now. My water isn't necessarily hard, but I do get mineral deposits on faucets and stuff. Added a second (external) filter to my fridge, but if I refill my cup with water a number of times, as I usually do on lazy weekends, I can see a white film build up on the inside after it dries.

Only drawback I can tell so far, is the power cord isn't long enough. Got a spot in the attic where I can attach this to cold and hot water lines, and there's a power outlet 8 feet away. Cord is just under 6 feet long. :mad: I'll use an extension cord to start, and if it works well, get matching male/female connectors to make a short extension to go between the cord and unit so I can route and staple things down cleanly.

20190125_174426.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well crap, didn't know those existed. I gotta look for that as we have really hard water.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I need to find an AA chapter (Amazon Anonymous)

I just completed the one-step plan... finish buying all the crap I wanted and then there's nothing left to buy! j/k, but only slightly...I bought a bunch of crap to outfit the camper over the last year, but not a lot to buy for it now. Drained a LOT of Amex 'membership rewards' points buying stuff.

Another thing I do is put the item I'm looking at on my wish / shopping lists, if it's not something I need urgently. Since I hate to order just one small item, I look at that list to see if there's anything I want to add from it. Many times, I pare that list down after saying 'no' a few times to it.

@Blckshdw - keep us posted on that descaler. I'm interested in it too, but since it looks 'too simple to be true', I'll let you be the guinea pig. :thankyou:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Well crap, didn't know those existed. I gotta look for that as we have really hard water.
@Blckshdw - keep us posted on that descaler. I'm interested in it too, but since it looks 'too simple to be true', I'll let you be the guinea pig. :thankyou:

I've been sitting on this purchase for about a year and a half now, with the same concern. It can't be THAT easy, can it? This model was $200, and I also had an iSpring model ($145) on my wish list. Of course there are many more expensive models. Mixed reviews spanning the full spectrum for both. From what I've researched, it should take about a month to start seeing significant changes in the deposits if all works as expected. Since this one has a 12 month money back guarantee, only loss is time crawling around in the attic. Of course, I planned this move for our "winter". After the security camera (mis)adventures, I'm not trying to climb up there between April-October unless I really have to. :no:

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Wasn’t all today but I got my Moog front springs and bilstein struts. All going on this week once I paint the springs bronze.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Rear suspension brace.20190126_185959.jpg
Going to be dropping this off to my brother/powder coater tomorrow.

I'm still searching for another rear brace, gm part # 15752337. It's the 1 that goes across by the gas tank. I've been calling places that say have it but really dont and it seems to be discontinued.

Guys post with out pics make this kind of lame so if you really got it show it. If not I'm going to be getting a bunch of 1million dollar checks in the mail.

Last edited:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Rear suspension brace.View attachment 87273
Going to be dropping with off to my brother/powder coater tomorrow.

I'm still searching for another rear brace, gm part # 15752337. It's the 1 that goes across by the gas tank. I've been calling places that say have it but really dont and it seems to be discontinued.

Guys post with out pics make this kind of lame so if you really got it show it. If not I'm going to be getting a bunch of 1million dollar checks in the mail.
Thanks for the part number!
I ran over a chunk of rock the other night and it bent worse than I have in the past, it's pressed really hard against my gas tank right now. There's actually a split towards the end, surprised it didn't shear off honestly. Yeah... i'm super low lol...

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Thanks for the part number!
I ran over a chunk of rock the other night and it bent worse than I have in the past, it's pressed really hard against my gas tank right now. There's actually a split towards the end, surprised it didn't shear off honestly. Yeah... i'm super low lol...

If you find 1 "let a brother know". Like I said I've searched and called places that say they have it in there online parts catalog and end up canceling my order. I'm not trying to go the used part route since this will be powder coated.

EDIT: I'm going for this look in my rear suspension with all the parts I've already got powder coated in awareness pink.20150321_112312_zpsyzcmwleh.jpg

Last edited:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
awareness pink.......:yikes::yikes::yikes:
20181028_153246.jpg
Yes sir! This is just part of the project I've already got done on the Voy. I need to get a spare steely and have it coated aswell to replace the rusty excuse for a spare. Lol. I've got to find the time to freshen up the 4.10' rear end I have and Get it all painted up to go in this spring.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Yeah, now that shot looks awareness pink, the first shot..not so much.
Funny my plow truck frame was supposed to be orange so I mixed some red and yellow paint but, apparently not to the right proportions and it ended up awareness pink.....trend setter??

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If anyone tried to dis you on your colour choice, just say "it's for breast cancer awareness". That'll shut them up!

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
If anyone tried to dis you on your colour choice, just say "it's for breast cancer awareness". That'll shut them up!
Actually that's what my wife and I settled on, something meaningful and it had to pop. I could of picked any color under the sun but in the end it's my wife's DD and we love what its turned out to be. $100 for 5lbs of powder and some of the proceeds went to cancer awareness which we were happy with. Most decent powders you can get for $5-$15 a lbs. The minimum lbs you can get on this powder was 5lbs.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
New faucet for my kitchen sink arrived today. Wanted one with the combo sprayer head that pulls down, instead of a separate one off to the side. The supply lines are short, not long enough to replace the 2 copper lines the PO put in to reach from the wall valves. Will have to check the condition of the seals (hot vs cold) once I take the old faucet out, probably replace them both just because it will be apart anyway.

20190127_195723.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
A pair of insulated bib overalls (Carhartt)...first pair of overalls I've ever owned, insulated or not. Well, maybe I had a pair as a little kid, but I can't remember that far back.

(For those interested & living in the north...) $40 + tax / shipping at Sierra (marked as 'irregular', but neither I nor the garage can tell what's 'wrong' with them). Look to last a good long time...since they're a winter-only item, they probably (?) will.

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Reprise your gonna like how long your shirts last while using overalls. Sounds like an excellent purchase especially considering what the weather is showing "up north" (speaking from florida) with the temps in the low negative numbers.

Reactions: Reprise

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Longer water lines for my kitchen sink, and electronic descaler power cord extension. Turns out the manufacturer sells both a 9' and 16' extension both for $10, which is cheaper than I'd be able to make one, so jumped on the longer version.20190130_165402.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Reprise your gonna like how long your shirts last while using overalls. Sounds like an excellent purchase especially considering what the weather is showing "up north" (speaking from florida) with the temps in the low negative numbers.

Thx :smile: I picked overalls vs straight coveralls to retain max freedom of movement (I'm often under a vehicle, with hands over head, etc.) Plus I have an old barn coat that's now going to be relegated to garage duty, since it has now had its 'grease baptism' and is otherwise ragged. Layer up / down as needed without having to strip out of a heavyweight 1pc coverall.

The jeans I was using for mech duty seem to have fallen apart over the last few wearings (but now I can use them under the overalls, if needed). So I'm interested to see if 'Carhartt tough' lives up to its rep.

I also picked up a pair of their denim jeans on clearance ($20) at Blain's F&F last weekend when I picked up the Buddy heater I was looking at. So we'll see how those hold up, once the weather warms up and I can ditch the overalls.

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online