What brand of thermostat?

BrianF

Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Still have to put a new on in on the 4.2. I see various brands, gates, Stant, Mahle and Gm. Any preferences? I am not sure who GM sources theirs from though.

thanks

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Still have to put a new on in on the 4.2. I see various brands, gates, Stant, Mahle and Gm. Any preferences? I am not sure who GM sources theirs from though.

thanks
AC Delco

Reactions: Matt

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
I used a motorad - made in Israel with a German heat motor. Still OK a year after install. It has a slightly different design than the OEM.
It would be good if someone just sold a replacement heat motor, instead of the whole outlet assembly.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
ACDelco. Tried a Gates, it worked but found the temp a tad low. ACDelco in and temp was where it should be.

Reactions: Redbeard and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Gates seems to be a hit or miss.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I replaced my oem with a stant and it crapped out 1yr 1/2 later. I went AC Delco last time around and it's been good as new.

Reactions: Capote

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I used AC Delco on my replacement. I still cant understand what GM gains by selling it as an entire assembly rather than selling just the thermostat that sits in the cradle. The aftermarket providers should just sell the thermostat separately is capture the market. I know, too small of a market !

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher