What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, Ontario will be going into full lockdown starting Boxing Day so I'll head out today for one last run in a couple of stores. Need some green coolant and grey RTV for my sled when I do the head gasket. Also gonna grab some supplies to resurface the head and block using this method.

Reactions: Redbeard and BrianF

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Yesterday I sold my ironworker. :2thumbsup: Most of the money was paid in cash :inlove:
Well the balance was paid by check. The gentleman who purchased this machine lives about 2 hours south of me and the check was drawn from a credit union which is state wide and until a month ago I had been a member for over 36 years. I went to one of the local branches to cash the check but they wouldn't cash it unless I HAD an ACCOUNT! :Banghead: It was DRAWN on their financial institution! They said to cash it I would need to set up a "temporary" account. Next month I will be moving out of state I'll damned if I will drive back to close out some "temporary" account they might have started and heaven forbid I get 2 pennies of interest and need to claim it on my taxes provided the usps could forward mail properly. I asked for my id and the check back and went to my current credit union and deposited the funds. Also in order to set up their "temporary" account the need ssn (understandable, tax purposes) but also your place of employment. I said I hadn't worked in 10 years. She said she Must Have what I did prior. Why, I asked since it isn't pertinent anymore. They must have it if I want the check cashed. Kiss my *zz. I am not a loud person, but to the twenty folks in line waiting for a teller while I walked out I waved the check in the air stating LOUDLY "that the credit union wouldn't cash a check written on their own financial institution. Me thinks the government it trying it's best to keep us from using cash making it beyond difficult to just cash a check.:twocents:.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Watched the girls do their riding lessons then into town to fuel up the Jerries, grab some groceries before the weather gets any worse. Will be doing plenty of sledding the next few days. Got some firewood ready as well.

While we won't be having family over for Christmas, we will be meeting up with friends to burn some miles.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Closed on the house yesterday and today just scheduling floor guys, cable company, the delivery of our new appliances and a ton of other stuff. So yes the wife and I got a shiney new 30 year mortgage to pay for Christmas. :rotfl:

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Worked on my sleds today. The lights had burnt out. Its a cascade effect as they regulate the voltage. One goes, they all go. Could not find the proper front sealed but thanks to a vintage page, found the extremely cheap H5006 works. 17 bucks with tax from my buddies shop. Cheaper than Amazon.

Popped one in and a new 1157 tail light. Works!! Voltage at idle dropped from 16 to 7. My daughter put an hour on the machine and she still works.

Up next is another ignition switch for the ghost so I can get its lights working.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Christmas at MIL's all day. Was not the same, but maybe that was better. None of the family drama they always had on that side.

Now to get kids to sleep and dump the million presents under the tree.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Happy day after Christmas everyone. Hope yours was good. COVID makes things weird but we stayed home and it was good.

Wife got me a table saw for Christmas :2thumbsup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: xavierny25 and Matt

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Lake effect snow storm making sure we had (still having) a white xmas. Naturally the plow battery took a shit but, luckily the Interstate distributor is just down the road and I bought the biggest battery that I could get in there and still have the hood close... :2thumbsup:
mt-271.jpg

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
I bundled up and stood in line for about 2 hrs before my local MC opened, was a balmy 23 deg, I was definitely not the 1st in line. Was after a 5900X but was able to snag a 5600X which will be perfect for now.

Not going to pay scalper prices, also want to have a warranty.

Slowly but surely this build is coming together.

Screenshot_20201226-161456_Gallery.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hanging with kids and ordering a few things online I kinda wanted and did not get. Plus couple add-ons to things I did get.

Reactions: xavierny25 and Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Been taking it easy the last couple of days, as my back has started to feel a bit tight. Probably not used to the prolonged manual labor like I've been doing. Been watching sports, and movies, glued to the couch, when I had an LED mod idea (cuz of course I did... :rolleyes: ) So went into the spare room to look through my bins for some SMD LEDs that I used in my rear view mirror mod, and while standing there, my back started to spasm. :mad: So pain killers and back to the couch for the afternoon...

Next big project is the roof for the addition next to my shed. Not sure what happened when the PO built it, but the roof of the shed itself is in great shape. The screened in enclosure adjacent to it, is disintegrating. I thought it had a bad shingle job, lost them, and that's how the water was rotting the decking under it, but after getting up on a ladder for a good look, that seems to not be the case. So all this is gonna get torn out, probably at some point this week. Shingles will be cheaper, but galvanized steel panels will be faster and easier. Decisions, decisions. The rafters are still solid and in good shape, except for one at the bottom edge running across, underneath the drip edge. That one's rotted in a couple places, and will need to be replaced, which is easy enough.

20201223_124811.jpg

The lowest point in the shed is probably about 6' on the sides, but the addition continues sloping down, and it's lowest point is about 5'. From what I can tell, it was built as an area to relax that overlooks the water out back, but the brush has grown quite a bit, and I'm too tall for it, so it's just random storage. Nothing important gets stored in this area, definitely stuff that I don't care about water/weather exposure. Mainly junk that hasn't gotten tossed yet, and my scrap metal bin that needs to get taken for recycling. That skylight is probably gonna get junked, just because without it, I can slap 3 uncut plywood sheets up there. On the left side of the pic, just below the shed roofline, you can see an electrical junction box, which is connected to a fluorescent light. That will get replaced with an LED version, as well as inside the shed. So I've got a bit of modding ahead of me before the weather heats up again.

Other than pricing out options for this project, and a couple of movies, have been sipping on a bit of Malibu Black, and my back no longer hurts. :biggrin: I should probably go to bed soon before the buzz wears off. :undecided:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Last week..

Sons birthday on the 23rd
Christmas on the 25th
My Birthday on the 26th

Its has been a EXPENSIVE week!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yesterday: Watching beautiful bucks wander past while it is down to antlerless only season. Three shooters in a row an hour ago.

Today: sitting in cabin hunting and doing some computer stuff to try and get the wife a new to her minivan. The Yota is not enough and she wants a Honda. Been a still morning and only seen some dogs and no deer. Usually have a nice crossing lane to shoot something, but after the travelers yesterday it seems to have dried up.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Went to Crimetown yesterday. Got the kids another tablet to use when they behave. Another laptop for school. I got two primers for my sleds, some extra 1157 bulbs, tuen signal bulbs for the TB and an o ring kit.

I need to pull the carb off the Evinrude as it looks like the main jet o ring is leaking, causing an erratic very high idle, as well some fuel leakage out the carb mouth.

Attachments

• 20201227_205731.jpg
    20201227_205731.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 4

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Running diagnostics on the wife's laptop as it has been BSOD happy as of late. So far nothing looks bad except the battery but something isn't too happy.

Kind of an off, tired day today. No one slept great last night. Bleh.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Carb came off. Outside filthy, inside spotless. Even the o ring was in great shape. Oh well, got a bath, new o ring and will install tomorrow. Counted the hi low needle settings and returned them. 1.5 low, 2.25 hi.

The primers are installed. Not easy as you have to mount them and then attach the lines. They pump gas.

20201228_132741.jpg20201228_145843.jpg20201228_145856.jpg

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Sold this steel rack I made 26 years ago. 20 foot long and 10 feet tall. Loaded it on the purchaser's trailer and saw it drive away. The black marks one can see on the wall are actually a tree I had my nephew draw there a few years back...the piece of sheet metal is hiding a urnal on that wall, so if you go to take a leak you effectively are watering at tree. My garage is nearly cleaned up readying for next months move.

1609241588740.png

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
We just got over a dusting here in Denver. Enough to screw the roads, but other wise, no shoveling.

Work work work.. Getting ready to pay year end vehicle tax again. Nearly $187,000 bucks..

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hanging with the family. Cold out, so good day for it

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher