What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Cool! You should post the info up in the New PIDs thread.

I intend to put some info up there. I'm not sure if it will work beyond my year, model and so on. The reason being that I am getting the data using a direct memory request, service $23. TCCM and many other modules apparently do not support requests by PID. Best case scenario is that the TCCM remains essentially the same through many years and this will work across other years. No guarantees there though.

I had to ferret out the memory location through the use of memory reads and then analyzing in spreadsheets. Quite laborious.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I intend to put some info up there. I'm not sure if it will work beyond my year, model and so on. The reason being that I am getting the data using a direct memory request, service $23. TCCM and many other modules apparently do not support requests by PID. Best case scenario is that the TCCM remains essentially the same through many years and this will work across other years. No guarantees there though.

I had to ferret out the memory location through the use of memory reads and then analyzing in spreadsheets. Quite laborious.
Not sure of the year/model you have. But I live in Colorado, if you live close enough to try it out on my 2004 GMC with a V8, you can.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Not sure of the year/model you have. But I live in Colorado, if you live close enough to try it out on my 2004 GMC with a V8, you can.

I'm out in the boonies nearly 4 hours away from you. Closest I've been in the past year or so would be a couple trips to the Upull&Pay in CS.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At work, staring at my Excel that got all borked up displaying stuff where it shouldn't be, with the spinny wheel of death as a mouse cursor :compu-punch:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Finally got the pool going after running all over town to find a seal for the hookup to the pump. It needs a lot of salt. Just put a third bag and waiting for it to mix. Mosquitoes are bad, flying around in packs.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Was somewhat busy at work but still managed to crush a workout at the end. Light circuit training with each round finished by a sled pull outside. Just a single 100 pound plate. A forward sprint followed by pulling it back backwards. Then topped it off with the assault bike. Almost fell down the stairs at the end. My buddy threw up. Lol sweet jesus it was fun.....

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Running around today. Groceries in about and hour, then to the chiropractor and a 80 miles round trip to the closest Menards that has the wheelbarrow I want in stock. I'll start cleaning out the pool this afternoon too.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Supposed to go to the cottage for the day but still need to do more work on the pool. Still needs to be cleaned out, more salt, more chlorine, more sequestrant, more $$$$. Having a hard time finding diatomaceous earth locally to add to the filter. The pool deck also needs a new coat of paint but there are cracks in the cement that need to be filled. Wife's been on my azz to get it ready. Hell, she wanted me to do this a couple weeks ago when we were still getting snow. Anyway, I should get it done since I have a feeling we're gonna be doing a lot of staycation this year :frown:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Grocery and bank drive thru this morning. Sometime this afternoon going to mow the jungle in the yard. It has been raining a lot lately and the grass has gone crazy from it.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Supposed to go to the cottage for the day but still need to do more work on the pool. Still needs to be cleaned out, more salt, more chlorine, more sequestrant, more $$$$. Having a hard time finding diatomaceous earth locally to add to the filter. The pool deck also needs a new coat of paint but there are cracks in the cement that need to be filled. Wife's been on my azz to get it ready. Hell, she wanted me to do this a couple weeks ago when we were still getting snow. Anyway, I should get it done since I have a feeling we're gonna be doing a lot of staycation this year :frown:
So much pool talk, wondering...Does the same adage apply to pools like it does to boats? "A hole in the water that you throw money into"....curious in NY...:confused:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If water is involved, it's expensive. :frown: I was able to avoid a $360 charge this year to have a water truck fill the pool but it rained so much that it just needed a top up from the hose.

There was a stupid long line up at the pool store so I went to Wally World instead. They only had one gallon left of liquid chlorine but tons of salt. Only thing I'm missing is a bag of DE (Diatomaceous Earth) for the filter. Not essential but it helps the sand filter better. It's been getting harder to find it. I could order some on Amazon but it's $75 for a 25lbs bag with free shipping.

Reactions: xavierny25 and Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'm also starting the pool opening today. Pump out the carnage in the bottom, scrub with bleach and broom, patch a hole and start to fill.

Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Replacing the O2 sensor in the Caprice and more pool (work) time. :deadhorse:

IMG_20200523_170802_resized365349064241643777.jpg

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
After work I rearranged my storage shed. Parked the snowblowers and sleds for the winter and got the riding mower and brushcutter out. Everything fired up like it should and is ready to go this week.

My wife finished up some more fencing but we have plenty left.

But hey!!! Its finally warm out, hell this morning it was still -1c, you know since it's almost June.....

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
More of the same today. Got the pool half filled to find the pin hole leak, so I'll pump it down a bit to be able to put a patch on. Taking out some from shrubs in the front garden the the Minister wants removed.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Climbed up in the attic this morning before it got hot, to do a little recon for my re-wiring project. The gap between the roof, and the vaulted ceiling, is smaller than I remembered it being. I told one of my buddies last weekend, that I might need his help to tag team this project, but wanted to see if it would be possible to crawl where I needed to, in order to do it solo. No dice. Current strategy will be to cut a hole in the ceiling, and have my friend push the conduit up from the living room, lifting the insulation in the attic. I'll be up there with a rake, to grab the edge of the insulation and pull it back. Then my friend can start feeding the conduit through. I should be able to use the tines on the rake to redirect the conduit towards me where I want it, and press the insulation back down. :undecided:

Measured 4 feet from the ceiling TV mount to the wall, and the conduit needs another foot to make a 90* bend, so 5 feet. Cuz out a 6' section just in case, for flexibility, can always trim it some more if needed. Maybe next weekend I'll have him swing by and give me a hand. Walked the back property, since I noticed some people dumping furniture at the end of the street last night. :hissyfit: Nothing on my side thankfully. They were on foot, so I assume they live in one of the nearby houses.

Checked some of my trees, the lack of rain has the fruit trees looking sorry. One of my lime trees has 2 on it. One is decent looking, the other is rotting. My avocado tree has a lot of fruit on it, I wouldn't have even known that's what it was, if 3 huge ones hadn't fallen off it last year. They're all pretty small, and since we had a bunch of rain followed by another dry spell, it started shedding leaves again, and kicking off a lot of small/shriveled avocados. Still plenty on it, so if we start getting our normal rains, should have a lot of big ones to give away to friends and coworkers.

Avocados.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@work today getting that holiday and over time $$$. Lol.

I've been working on a little something just incase I ever need to remove my sub box and amps from the rear of the truck. I got a dual 0 gauge industrial quick disconnect and made a small platform that it will sit on. I'm still up in the air as to where it will be mounted but I'll figure it out when I get home and tinker with it. 20200525_151052.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This afternoon, I did this...

This thing is a beast! It now breaks loose on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts! My cheeks hurt from the perma-grin!

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Worked on wiring a 96 f150 for trailer brakes at the home shop, should finish it tomorrow.

Got an itch for a cordless drill, I've never owned a good one, always used our old corded when needed and it's a little impractical in tight spots. Went to home depot and picked up the m12 fuel drill and impact driver combo kit. Was a good deal, basically same price as online (actually got it cheaper with a credit card discount deal) and came with 2 batteries and charger. I don't see myself having a use for the impact driver but a deal is a deal lol, maybe I'll sell it. Got quite an m12 collection brewing.

Picked up pizza on the way home.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
At the job place doing the work thing, or is that backwards?:suicide:

I'm here thinking with so many "cranks no start" threads we should reconsider renaming the site "no start! crank sh!t" :rotfl:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Finished wiring that truck. Circuit breakers for the "red wire" and brake controller, wires into the cab for power and ground and wires back out and down the frame for the 7/4 pin connector. Connector mounted to bumper and wired in and brake controller mounted to dash and wired in. Everything loomed, taped, and zip tied. New radiator cap on it so it'll quit leaving puddles.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got up at 3 and decided may as well listen to the rain and get work started early.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@Mooseman... If you cannot source your Diatomaecous Earth from Pool Supply locations... Amazon presently has Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth Vendor with this stuff still available, albeit in smaller poundage-quantities:

Reactions: Mooseman

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@Matt ...While you were spreading Mulch around your Beautiful Home in the Sweltering Hot Sun... Your "Doppelganger", the British Actor, Ray Winstone was making the rounds in London at the SOHO Hot Spots... acting Cool as a Cucumber. I SWEAR to God... this Handsome Dude could be your Twin Brother!

MATTWINSTONE.jpgMATTWINSTONE1.jpg

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
@Mooseman... If you cannot source your Diatomaecous Earth from Pool Supply locations... Amazon presently has Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth Vendor with this stuff still available, albeit in smaller poundage-quantities:

Yep, already ordered a 25lbs bag of that from Amazon.ca when I found that nobody has it locally. Seems like DE filters have gone out of style here. Should be here on Friday.

Today, with another 30c+ day, not doing much except still trying to clear up the pool. Still greenish and cloudy. Super shocked it yesterday so will see. Just keep pouring money into it, yeah, that's the ticket!

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
What are you getting for Ph Numbers?

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
PH is good at 7.6. CC is high indicating it's still combating algae or other stuff. Just my TA is a bit high but from what I read, should only be concerned about it if PH shoots up. I keep getting dead algae after each vacuuming to waste. The DE, once it gets here, should help to filter out this crap.

I've been using the info at troublefreepool.com for years and is a valuable resource. Every year I have trouble with opening the pool but once it's clear, I'm good. And this winter, I used a leaf net instead of a tarp cover so I suspect I got more organic matter in the pool over the winter. Think I'll be going back to the tarp in combination of the leaf net on top of it.

Reactions: Matt and mrrsm

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Put on some heat insulation tape on the A/C muffler can that is close to an exhaust header on the Caprice. It had to be bent a bit to get it out of the way. This stuff is more than just tape as it does have some insulating material.

Attachments

• IMG_20200527_140224.jpg
    IMG_20200527_140224.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 10

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Got some house projects done today. Repainted the garage entry door, changed the deadbolt and door handle, and repaired the wood at the base of the threshold. Should be good for another 15 years now.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Was just now fooling with more experiments with Bluetooth OBD adapter and scanning the class 2 network.

Always just disregarded the cautions about leaving the Bluetooth adapter in the data link port.

However,, to my surprise I just learned I can open the vehicle with my phone if the Bluetooth adapter is still plugged in !!! Yikes!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Matt and mrrsm

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Also just unlocked my 05 Yukon with 2 minor changes. Guess I won't be leaving those Bluetooth adapters in!

The particular issue is when you have Bluetooth OBD adapters whose pairing code is either 1234 or 0000. Quite insecure and apparently a lot of the cheaply made Chinese clones are just that.

• Wow
Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Replaced the sand in the pool filter. 250lbs of it. Took forever to suck it all out with the shop vac. The old sand was clumpy and over 10 years old so I guess it was due. I'm really hoping this helps because I'm getting tired of this.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Driving back from my morning dog walk I found these put to the curb still in box. 7000 lb rated, I think I can put the front of my motorhome on these. 1994 vintage and made in the USA (of all places)....
100_1423.JPG

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Spent the afternoon polishing the headlights on the Caprice. I tried the 3M kit, which is supposed to be the best. Damn near ruined the one headlight. Instructions say to sand dry. It put deep swirl marks in it and exacerbated blotchy imperfections with the 500 grit disk. I then went to wet sanding and was able to get the majority of the swirls out but there are still some there. I then applied a film to protect it, basically 3M paint protection film that has UV protection. It actually hides the imperfections that were still present and gives the wet look. It was a bitch to get it on because of that top curve in the headlight. Took me 3 tries and it still wasn't perfect. Good thing I got lots of extra. Got the other one polished but will put on the film tomorrow.

Before:
IMG_20200531_164845_resized6203315829395537476.jpg

After:
IMG_20200531_164840_resized108965036117154084.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online