What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Out in the boondocks. Had to do some paperwork online so if things get worse I can still come into work without issues. I thought things were starting to let up. I guess we shall see.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Since my trailer that was stolen a few weeks ago now had most of my tools in it. Trying to shop for the minimum tools that I need to do a brake job on the Trailblazer. I am waiting on insurance for the payout now... :sadcry:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Went to the hardware store to pick up a garden hose and leaf bags that were ordered on Sat. That's when I saw that my favourite chip truck was open and couldn't pass up getting a poutine and pogo (aka: corn dog). They put so much cheese on their poutine that they should ask "you want fries with your cheese and gravy?". 😋

Then worked some more on the Caprice. The console is as done as I can as some parts were missing or broken from the guy who dismantled it and I'm missing the proper shifter cover. I had ordered some of the missing parts and some of those are discontinued. I just emailed the online dealer and I really hope the cover is still available otherwise I'll either have to McGyver something with the broken G8 cover or the dash cubby. Aussies sure know how to make a complicated setup!

I finished the driver seat and also completed the passenger side a lot quicker since I had the experience now. The driver side I just had to elongate the center switch hole to allow the existing switch to move fore and aft. My jaw dropped when I saw who actually made the switch (see pic). I've seen GM cross-breeding with Suzuki, Honda and Toyota but Chrysler??? I felt sick.

I put both seats in and turned on the ignition to be sure I wasn't getting an airbag error, and I did. Hook up the Tech 2 and it had a bunch of codes. Probably from when I turned on the ignition with the seats out. Clear them and I still had one for the driver track position sensor. Unbolt the seat and yep, forgot to plug it in. I also did a shoddy job of transferring the wiring and didn't reuse the proper loom holder so I redid it properly. By then it was dark out.

Tomorrow I hope to be able to finish before the rain comes.
IMG_20200505_142504_resized4831266765087466490.jpgIMG_20200505_142816_resized8627133917570023266.jpgIMG_20200506_155511_resized8094169524544173211.jpgIMG_20200506_160534_resized2974078093324806398.jpgIMG_20200506_161427_resized3043014102045385907.jpgIMG_20200506_161945_resized8132364264890037117.jpgIMG_20200506_162451_resized2600076669178975244.jpgIMG_20200506_171256_resized951087118108765300.jpg

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
The driver side I just had to elongate the center switch hole to allow the existing switch to move fore and aft. My jaw dropped when I saw who actually made the switch (see pic). I've seen GM cross-breeding with Suzuki, Honda and Toyota but Chrysler??? I felt sick.
Yeah but,...Still better than Dongfeng Motor Co...right?....:wink:

Reactions: Pygot and BrianF

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At least it is just a switch.

Yesterday cleaned part of the house. Mowed the grass. Still trying to get unemployment fixed (and still no luck).

• Sad
Reactions: Pygot and BrianF

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Got my hip and back adjusted again. Making great progress!! Walking fully upright and able to function.

We are out to finish staking the rest of our yard. The south end will have different spacing and post size to hang barbed wire. We will eventually have a cow or two so we can have a slightly shorter fence and larger spacing than the poly line for horses.

Tomorrow we are off to Crimetown to pick up a few bundles of posts, top up the jerries with gas and then go get the post pounder.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And done! (mostly)
IMG_20200507_150251_resized663346187449686186.jpgIMG_20200507_150237_resized2661072250185439100.jpgIMG_20200507_150221_resized6377068021187825414.jpg

Once my local fastener supply store opens back up, I'll look for a black plastic cap to close off that hole from the original lumbar knob since it's now electric. And I got the good news that the shifter cover plate is available so ordered that. Right now with the G8's cover on there now, I can't put in the cubby. Still have to wire the tap up/down shift to the BCM and the switches for the traction control and sport shift mode. That I'll be able to do when my local electronic supply store opens back up.

These seats are way more comfortable, especially for the back. And finally an armrest and cup holders! You don't know how much you miss those until you just have your arm just hanging there.

Next up, booked an appointment to have the headers and exhaust installed on Monday. I usually do almost everything myself but I hate exhaust work with a passion and without a lift, it's almost impossible to do it. The tips need to be extended so stainless welding is required and I want it done quickly. This thing is way too quiet. :biggrin: I'll try and get some before and after videos. And I also have the leather steering wheel from the G8 to replace the cheap plastic covered cop wheel. Tomorrow I'm having some tires installed on the sport wheels.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
With my son's Silvy, brought wheels and tires for his truck as well as a set of tires for the Caprice's aluminum wheels to the tire shop to install on the wheels. Then went with my wife to her office to pick up some files and office supplies. HQ is a ghost town. Picked up a chicken lunch for the both of us at her favourite place, St-Hubert. Picked up all the wheels and tires and installed the Caprice's wheels. Better than the cop steelies.

Surfed on the Book of faces Marketplace and found a guy parting out a G8. Got the missing console parts as well as a better console lid and shifter knob. Should be shipping them tomorrow. Sweet!

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
That's looking damn fine there Moose!! I had a G8 bought new in 2009, loved it!!! Except in winter...

We picked up 1700 bucks worth of posts from Crimetown yesterday. Was cold as fu$%, heavy north wind and rain. Got drenched trying to hitch up the triaxle. Then picked up the post pounder. Of course the agro store gave us the shittiest of the 3. Pounds like shit to be Frank. Still managed to finish the evening out by completing a paddock extension and the north line.

Will hopefully crush the east line today.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not much today. Drove about 35 minutes to pick up a used wireless router as mine keeps freezing. It'll be a nice upgrade. Nice drive except for the SNOW SQUALLS! At least it wasn't enough to cover the roads since I was driving the Caprice. Never thought it would ever see snow again.

Then drove around with Mrs. Moose looking at some sheds. Might get one big enough to use as winter car storage.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
TrailBlazer was overdue for an inspection, so I ran it in and it failed for a "brake fluid leak". Ok, whatever, it's probably just residual fluid/spray from where I replaced the front calipers and got a little messy while bleeding. I'll clean it and come back.

Nope! The ENTIRE passenger's wheel was soaked in brake fluid.

Evidently I forgot to torque down the banjo bolt last night and it worked its way loose on the way to the shop and was hemorrhaging fluid!

The shop quoted like $50 just to diagnose this repair which took me all of 5 seconds to fix at my house. I came back and passed! Legal for one more year.
What a day.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Taking a break from post pounding. The shit pounder had rattled itself loose. After tightening the post clamp I found the main slide or what ever it's called was loose. No worries because the bolts were missing the washers and the holes were all elongated. The thing couldn't pound straight and was cracking our 5" expensive posts. Called the store and it was like pulling teeth. Dropped it off and had some words with the staff and left. Thankfully the ag rental in a neighborhoring town had one. One that was in actual working shape.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Went and picked up a few tools so that I can do a brake job tomorrow.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
see if we can snag said bike.

Got it. When we got to the Walmart (in a rough part of Akron) one of the associates was bringing out the exact model, but different colour than we wanted, out. Connor wanted a blue one and this was silver. The guy went out back and looked but couldn't find any blue, even unassembled. So we grabbed the silver one and ran.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Had two boxes of hardwood flooring left over from my Fall home upstairs re-do. So since we're locked down and the weather is crappy....I tore all the carpeting out of the motorhome and I'm installing it in there where it's nice and cozy with good tunes... 😷

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Back to work after my 3 week furlough.
This could be a good thing or a bad thing. LOL

I am back at work in the boondocks.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Yesterday...
Took the wife and my son for a long mountain drive, and then went for a short hike when we got to where we were going to turn around. Was a beautiful day for it,,, until I realized just how out of shape (and fat) I am. Getting old sucks!

Saturday...
Picked up the Wives Aztek from the tranny shop. 2600 bucks for the tranny, and I still have to go to another shop for an alignment. My wife loves her Aztek, but I know I sure could have found other places to spend 2600 bucks, especially on that Aztek...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Took the Caprice to the Custom Exhaust Shop this morning to install the system I had bought 2 years ago, Headers to tips. Said it would take 4 hours. He keeps calling me with new problems. First was tight quarters to get one manifold out. Then the O2 sensor wires weren't long enough to get them in to their new locations. Then can't get the dispstick out to get the other manifold out. I have a feeling that I won't get it back today and will turn into an 8 hour job. In a way I'm glad I'm not doing this in my driveway on jack stands but it'll cost me :sadcry:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yup. And latest news, I may not get it back till Friday! Because it's taking more than a day, he'll have to work in between other jobs to finish it. So it's already 6 hours @ $80 per! He's not the swiftest. The O2 sensors were a little farther than the original locations and he proposed to weld in new bungs. Ah, no thanks, I'll just extend the wires. And then was going to cut and re-weld one of the header tubes because the steering shaft is in the way. Um, no, just disconnect the shaft and move it out of the way. I think he's just used to putting cat-backs on ricers.

One day, I'll have my garage with a lift.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Sounds like you need a new garage... But thats me.

Reactions: Pygot

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Lil telework. Some online shipping for things I cant get at our limited local stores. Taking a hard look at some quad tips for the Trans Am. Decided i am going to just pay someone to do the header install and exhaust so I get it right or they get to fix it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Decided i am going to just pay someone to do the header install and exhaust so I get it right or they get to fix it.

Hope you know the shop well. Look at my posts above. Guys on the Caprice forum did it in 5 hours whereas my shop is currently at 6+ hours and still going. Have them look at it on the lift first before quoting.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got two options. One is family and the other is a shop that specializes in Pontiac and I could help them do it or at least drink beer and watch. I just want to let someone with experience on mine. It is common enough for a 4th gen f-body LS, but its tight clearance tells me a good toolbox and experience would be helpful I do believe.

--I am ditching O2 sensors and adding a Y pipe and an electric cutout. Already had the O2 tuned out years ago in prep for this.

Pygot

Dec 6, 2019
RI
Moved about 750 more trees from the christmas tree shop warehouse, which donated them to the campground for a total of 2148 trees. Guess I will be digging another 1500 holes this week. Good thing we have a auger for the skid steer.
Had a beer after work and assembled the hubs on the trailer I bought from my neighbor for $100 bucks. Already sanded and POR-15'd this weekend.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Kept busy on my off day and make some extra change. Finished that trailer wiring / light job, done a tune up on a Yukon for a regular, and swapped my brother's new camper trailer wiring from 7 pin to a 4 pin connector. It doesn't have brakes, only had the 7 pin to charge the on board battery but it's just as simple for him to charge the battery before an outing as it would be for me to run a wire and put a 7 pin plug on his truck.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Celebrating our 25th silver wedding anniversary. Not much of a celebration though because of, well, you know. I'll try to sneak out to get her a bouquet of beautiful blue roses I saw at Costco the other day and picking up a fajita dinner at our favourite restaurant Lone Star tonight. For dessert, probably will get their great churros.

Other than that, might work on the TB a bit or cleanup, again, in the garage.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Cleaning out the garage today...everything will be taken out and only what we actually use will be put back. What doesn't make it back will go on either FB marketplace or in the trash.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Working from home. I got notice that my unemployment claim for the past 3 weeks just got processed to be paid out this week. Nice. They finally got it fixed.

We wouldn't have been in financial trouble without it per se, but nice to not have to chew up the bank account so badly.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Getting through some new projects, which is a nice break from busy work. We've got some new managerial folks, so I've had a few training sessions this week to get people familiar with our systems. 2 more sessions to go, tomorrow and Friday.

CEO sent out an office update, we're going to continue working remotely through June 1st, and then we'll enter our phase B, with having a max of 25% of employees onsite at any given time. Phase C bumps that number up to 50%, but timing will depend on what federal, state and local mandates are. They're hoping to have everyone back in the office by mid August, so who knows what will happen between now and then.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working and then dropping a friend off at the airport this afternoon

Reactions: BrianF and Matt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online