What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
but glad to see people are slowing down (hopefully stopping) with all the panic shopping finally.

I wish that were the case here. We are on a full lockdown which was set to end April 6th, but i dont see that happening. Paper aisle has been a wreck anywhere i've went, but they are slowly improving. Only reason why ... stores limiting how many products you can buy, so the shelves are staying stocked longer. I even found the holy grail of Clorox disinfectant spray on the shelves at the local Apples grocery store!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Wife called me to pick her up as she went too far on her walk with the dog. The driver door on the TB didn't unlock with the fob. Checking on return and swapping with PDM, the DDM is TU. So off I go to Kenny-U-Pull. Also gonna look for other stuff. There was a TB with a nice set of wheels and good tires last time I went so I might snag those for the Saab. Also gonna look for parts for @TollKeeper 's XUV.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Tinkered a little with the injection pump, tried to take the last piece apart and rounded both 12point bolts, I guess I'll leave it alone. Replaced the hose on my free used parts washer and put it back together, filled it with the old diesel out of the tractor and did a little cleaning on the injection pump. Cleaning up pretty well surprisingly.

Screenshot_20200401-170443(1).png

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There was a TB with a nice set of wheels and good tires last time I went so I might snag those for the Saab. Also gonna look for parts for @TollKeeper 's XUV.

It was a bust on both counts. Both trucks were gone. And I found a spare DDM in my garage.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Reactions: Pygot

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Worked today, clocked in some ot, which was nice on one hand but it was my youngest daughters 10th birthday. Was hoping to get home at a decent time but that's when things always come unglued. But my wife and kids are used to this and all was well.

My daughter chose supper, it was bbq steak, baked potato, veggies and fresh baked bread. A frickin awesome supper and a massive ice cream cake. My girl was elated and not upset she cant have any friends over. This family time we are getting now is absolutely great! My girl also wanted a sled ride but due to the weather which is back to -30c windchills at night, this will wait to the weekend, which allegedly I have off.

Then we got some overtime projects in this upcoming week. While on one hand, my wife is upset that the store is closed, she is still doing some online sales but on the other hand, she is liking the break. My work is still steady and things are picking up so it's nice to have that rock solid income rolling in, especially in all this uncertainty today.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
As I was just changing out the filthy 20" X 20" Hallway HVAC Air Filter... I ruminated like that fellow did while hiding in the basement of an abandoned house in the H.G. Wells Sci-Fi Novel, "The War of The Worlds" that our lives could not have been more up-ended ...had we been invaded by Aliens from another Planet. Isolation for the sake of one's survival surely comes at a price.

Last edited:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
A few hours shy from clocking in my 40hrs a week. It hasn't been eventful here in the building just keeping tabs on things and keeping thing clean and organized. A lot of the younger tenants have moved back home since and while this epidemic has taken place so very little foot traffic. My biggest issue is my commute to and from work, social distancing on the rails when it's in reduced service is not easy to keep at the 6' distance from each other. The homeless folks dont make it any better when there laid out across all the seats either. I commute with gloves on a face mask and glasses but it's still very weary. I wish the mayor would stop ticketing for metered parking so I could drive into work with out having to worry about parking.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
@xavierny25 , complain to your local city/burough rep or counsellor or whatever they're called. Never mind the mayor, he's swamped. Saw on our news that physical distancing isn't happening on those trains in NYC. The few that do have to work have to be able to get there safely. That isn't happening right now.

Today, I'm tackling insulating the hot water pipes. Going to the Homeless Despot to get those pool noodle type insulators and zip ties. Should improve my hot water situation.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Ran to HD to grab more roof nails. Roofers are almost done with the roof (they started yesterday). Part of the savings on the roofing cost is I bought supplies directly so no extra mark ups on supplies.

Now at my home office setup for a day of work. Got my coffee ready. Let's do this.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yesterday, picked up some emergency supplies... coffee! Since there are 3 of us here, we're downing coffee like mad. Today, I'll have to go to the liquor store for the other emergency supply... whisky! Thank goodness liquor stores are considered an essential service!

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Lowes called that my Pella window had arrived so I gloved-up and got her. So now I'm rain proof.
It's the one on the left. Also replaced the gable vent and replacing the Cedar siding with composite decking. It's laser straight and doesn't cup,warp or have knot holes. I've been doing this a wall at a time because it's pretty pricey. Notice I haven't reset the date... :blinkhuh: 100_1386.JPG100_1387.JPG

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Well in a massive turn of events, the wind died down this evening and it was only -12 or so. Cleared a bit of snow, did chores and then we logged a few miles on the sleds. We have lots of drifts and quite a bit of powder. I may have got stuck in one drift....... the buffalo were out and the scenery was great.

Attachments

• 20200404_193706.jpg
    20200404_193706.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200404_192930.jpg
    20200404_192930.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200404_193141.jpg
    20200404_193141.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 8

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Today, brought the smoker out of it's winter slumber and smoked us 4 racks of ribs. Oh yeah! Just what the doctor ordered! We can eat just so much spaghetti and stew.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Cut the grass, fixed the truck tire, repaired half a dozen window screens, and had to put the dog down tonight due to finding a large growth on her throat that ruptured and had blood running down her neck. 17 years old with a list of other health problems so it was time I guess. Now we are just finally getting ready to eat a fast dinner of frozen pizza. Yes, at almost midnight.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Movies and side work on the computer while its dreary out

Reactions: Mooseman and BrianF

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Back to crap weather and the "honey-do" list is catching up with me. I can run but I can't hide. Maybe I'll just spin the wheel...

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Well other than the incessant cold assed east wind returning, we logged another 5 miles on the sleds after lunch. Did some more discovering in the countryside. I think the fastest speed I went was a few blips at 20mph. Just nice and leisurely.

I also got two slabs of pork ribs with a final destination planned this evening. Hell I may even have a beer as I cook.

Beacon

Mar 22, 2019
SouthWestern PA
Charity oil change, 2007 corolla. 'oly fudge are they easy, didn't even need a floor jack, the plug can be reached laying on the ground in front of the car, and the filter is right in front of the plug. would have been a 5 minute job had the jack-wagon at walmart not over tightened the filter.

I also got two slabs of pork ribs with a final destination planned this evening. Hell I may even have a beer as I cook.

I do not know how to smoke/bbq/grill anything without drinking a beer. That's the 1st step, open a beer, then build a cooking fire/light charcoal.

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sometimes I can't stand people... :hopeless: My coworker borrowed my pole saw a 2nd time, and brought it back to me Thursday. First time he borrowed it, the chain jumped off the bar. So I had to open it up to reset it, and there was a lot of debris inside the motor case. I know I had an issue with oil leaking, so that was on my list of things to investigate at some point.

Went into the garage today, to do some other stuff, and moved the saw to my work bench so it was out of the way. Noticed the casing was surprisingly dirty. Pull off the chain cover and there's dirt all over the bar, like it was laid down in top soil or something. :confused: Stopped the other stuff I was doing, and removed the motor cover, to find it PACKED with oily dirt! :mad: All of the air vent holes were caked up too. OK fine, keep digging, removed all of the screws and cracked open the housing, that had a ton of dirt inside it too.

:hissyfit: At this point I'm thinking he tried using it like a roto-tiller or something, cuz that's the only way I can think of to fill that thing with that much dirt, and no traces of wood at all. Took me forever to wipe that down and blow things out with compressed air. I was so irritated by the time I got that done, I didn't have the brain power to troubleshoot the leaking oil problem. No cracks in the tank, rubber hoses were tight. I assume it's the connection from the tank to the pump, as it's the lowest transition point, and even with 1/3 of the tank full and the saw sitting horizontal and upright, it would still leak a few drops. I'll try adding some silicone around that joint at a later time. Didn't want to be bothered with it anymore. Will just add oil before use, and pour back whatever's left.

One thing's for sure, gonna be more selective with who I loan my tools to. :yes:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At work from home. Filed taxes last night and it got rejected because I goofed on the last year's AGI thing they use for verification. Oops. I'll be double checking my work later today and resubmitting it. Hopefully I just fatfingered the keypad and don't have something more serious wrong!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Online Continuing Education for my licensing. Second day of it. Not fun cause you are locked down and using Zoom they can see your screen....or so they say.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Halfway through my second week (last on this cycle) at work and praying for the end to come.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Will be working a shift tonight for the first time since December. First time getting out of the house for an extended length of time in about 3 weeks. At least I'll be in a car by myself the whole time but I'll be disinfecting it before I settle in. And because of the kind of work I do, contact with anyone should be minimal.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work from home again. Got my taxes filed properly - yep, I goofed the AGI by reversing two digits. Done now. Only have my local tax left to do.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
You can hang around, Toy Yodas or not.

Today is my Friday. We have work off tomorrow (regular paid holiday). Woohoo.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Recovering from last night's shift. Sitting in a toy car Taurus for 10+ hours wearing the equipment just sucked and my back is killing me. At 6'2" and 300+ lbs, there's no way to get comfortable in it. I have to turn into a contortionist to get in and out of it too. I'm getting too old for this shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online