What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Took advantage of the overcast and cooler morning, crawled up in the attic to remove that electronic water descaler. Got plenty of not so friendly reminders of my previous rat issue, as I came across a bunch of dug out holes where they were nesting in the blown insulation. :mad:

After that, pulled out the mower and did the lawn... err dandelions... Took that opportunity to sweep out the shed, as lots of ground up grass and dirt had fallen out of the mower over the last couple of months. I should probably remove the cutting deck and clean it. Maybe next weekend. After all that, trimmed some trees and bushes, got the branches all bundled up for yard waste day, and checked on the compost pile. That needed some water and turning, so that counts as my exercise for the day.

Got cleaned up, doing some laundry now. Maybe grab a nap for a bit, then meeting up with the fellas for dinner later tonight.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Decided today was going to involve some good old fashioned R&R. So loaded up the EXT and headed out to the beach. Temps were more moderate than they have been, but not as far of a drop as the rest of the country. It was nice not to sweat for a change. Lots of beach newbies were out today, and the sea gulls were on their A game, stealing food right out of their hands a few times. :rotfl: Wish I had my phone out and got video...

20191103_120508.jpg20191103_120510.jpg20191103_120513.jpg

After getting home, decided to mess with my floor jack. Got the suspect O ring replaced, and added some oil. Made a nice mess too :duh: As a test, jacked up one side of the truck and went to take a shower. Came back out, truck was on the ground, so that confirms a seal in the piston is probably the culprit there, which makes sense cuz the load holding issue has been around for considerably longer than the leak that recently started. Guess I'll need to figure out how to break it down further, and find a replacement somewhere.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back in the cube farm.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work, then did some quick work on the closet done before the kid went to bed. Cleat boards are on the walls anyway.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
My son and I went to an auction yard to look at a few vehicles. He's nearly ready to get something new, but unsure as to exactly what. I can't talk him into a 360, and worse, he gravitates toward Jeeps and Ford SUVs. Fords, man! I don't know what I've done wrong...
I know that it can be hard for a parent to steer your kids when it comes to a first car, My son had to have a Jetta and he soon learned about repair costs on German vehicles :Banghead:
That said:
I went from a 360 to a Jeep and it doesn't hurt at all :biggrin:.

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
I know that it can be hard for a parent to steer your kids when it comes to a first car, My son had to have a Jetta and he soon learned about repair costs on German vehicles :Banghead:
That said:
I went from a 360 to a Jeep and it doesn't hurt at all :biggrin:.
I could stand the sight of a Jeep in the driveway. If he ends up getting a Ford I'll probably rip on him constantly. 😁

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
1573137800016.png

Glad I don't own a jeep these days, but I am sure a few more will pass thru my hands at times.

Today is another office cube day then pack for Iowa pheasant hunt and head out bright n early in morning to chase birds around for a few days.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Another day in the office. Getting ready for end of year taxes (looks to be a $150,000 tax bill for my fleet). Renewing some permits, and sorting thru an application for 2 new hires.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Worked last night and working another shift tonight.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Working nights and then transitioning to days..... not fun but manpower is slim this week. Was at work, geared up for a workout when my wife called. So she was 2 miles from home and hit a deer with the truck. Called a buddy to come down and put the thing down. Her and the kids were good and the truck suffered minor damage. It hit the bumper, left some hair on the tow hook and cracked the lower air dam. I will take a look in the light and see if it is worth claiming or just fix it myself. I am glad she hit it with the 3500 as it is a tank but it has better insurance than the Trailblazer, 0 deductible with animal collision. Just have to watch as you can lose claims free and end up paying more...

A few years ago she hit a deer in almost the same spot with our 1500, cracked the grill.

• Sad
Reactions: Mooseman

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Spent q chunk of the day organizing the basement, stage 1. Set upvsome shelves and got stuff moved around so that we know roughly what is where. Stage 2 will be more permanent layout, but right now just trying to make sense of the pile of moving boxes still yet lying around and finding things we haven't found yet.

Oh, and I need my work bench to be useable as a bench and not random storage!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Still need to catch up on my winter prep but weather isn't cooperating again. Brunch with friends then we're having family over for dinner. Cleaning up the house in between.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This morning, volunteered to man a street barricade during Remembrance Day ceremonies. I go every year anyway and now that I'm a member of the Legion, thought I'd use my past experience.

Then back home, it was all hands on deck as we are expecting 10cm (4 inches) of snow tonight. Got the lawn tractor with the snowblower attachment going, greased it up, checked the oil and it still purrs like a Honda kitten. Then install the winter tires on the TB but I couldn't find my Battery operated impact (later found out my son loaned it to his GF :hissyfit:). My air impact was garbage so had to break all the nuts by hand and used the air impact for the speed. Hate having the damned air line tripping me up :mad: .

I was supposed to pull the leaf screen off the pool but it's frozen in place. I hope we get another thaw before winter. We've had so much rain that the pool is filled up again and would need to put in my little pump in to drain it again as well as take off the leaf screen. I've never seen such a wet and cold fall before. I can't remember the last time I saw sunshine :worried:

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Supposed to be in a local ceremony but work never stops.

After chores I fired up the Evinrude and my wife went for a ride around the yard and then took the kids. First time since 1997 or 98. I then took the kids out. My 11 year old did several laps on out track with me just along for a ride. My youngest is now learning to steer. Great day for sure.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
currently in da cube, in an hour will be on my way to OKC VA. Ahhh, the VA.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Finished snowblowing. First time ever I've had to do that in November. And of course the wind would just blow it back in my face :mad: . I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter. Although I like winter for sledding, this is way too early.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Worked all day but managed to run to a local hardware store and picked up a new filter and fuel line for my Husqvarna 32R brush cutter project.

Got some more 2 stroke oil and filled the jerrys. Time to do some mixing and top the sleds off. Hoping form some more snow this week, its going to be hovering around 0C daytime highs all week.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Going in the garage to fix the wife's CR-V's driveshaft, then drive it to the DIY Garage at 2pm to install it as well as replace the outer tie-rods and an oil change. If I have some time left, I'll rebalance the tires. It's all the same price. Not a bad deal for $30/hour. I might have the Saab towed there to change the starter because it's too freaking cold out!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Worked from the house and office. Now figuring out a plan for dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianF and Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Worked from the house and office. Now figuring out a plan for dinner.
You cook, I will bring the beer!

Im working in the cube farm today. Hoping the wifey has something good planned for dinner!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Going in the garage to fix the wife's CR-V's driveshaft, then drive it to the DIY Garage at 2pm to install it as well as replace the outer tie-rods and an oil change. If I have some time left, I'll rebalance the tires. It's all the same price. Not a bad deal for $30/hour. I might have the Saab towed there to change the starter because it's too freaking cold out!

I WANT A LIFT! OMG! An hour and a half, I was done!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube farm today.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Snowing so nothing today and night shift tonight.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got up this morning and decided it was time to move most of the stuff from my "Amazon table" into the garage. Cleaned up the workbench a little more, so the usable space is more than the size of a place mat. Hooked up my new hose to the water valve splitter behind the washing machine, and wanted to come up with a way to store it besides coiling it up on the floor. Considered using some adhesive to mount the big hook to the side of the washing machine, but nah...

Instead, grabbed a few scrap pieces of 2x4, and made a stand. Drilled a couple of small holes in the top of the hook, and mounted it to the top of the stand. Nice and high, and better still, only requires a couple of loops to be out of the way, and off the floor. Fits in nicely between the washing machine and water heater. :thumbsup:

20191116_101748.jpg

20191116_101932.jpg

After getting that done, swept out the garage (again). It amazes me sometimes, how much crap gets tracked in, when all I'm doing is pulling the truck in and out to go to work. :hopeless: Wheeled out the pressure washer, got all the supplies together, and gave the EXT a bath. The pressure washer adapter set worked like a charm. For some reason the piece that attaches to the wand side, doesn't fit completely tight on the gun side, but all of the tips and accessories fit snug with zero play. The foam cannon will take some getting used to. Had to play with the balance of spray size, vs soap to water ratio. Didn't get it the way I expected, but got good enough coverage in a very short amount of time.

20191116_103720.jpg

I'm sure the type of soap you use, probably has a lot to do with how it sprays as well. Had some Maguires car wash soap that my sister left behind. The drill brushes were convenient for the wheels, but couldn't get the fronts completely clean of grime and brake dust. I think next time, I'll use some Simple Green or that Super Clean, as those are much stronger. :undecided:

Got the truck tucked back in the garage, laundry is done, just pulled a pizza out of the oven. So time to plant myself on the couch, flip on the TV and clear some DVR space while I stuff my face. :biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Met up with some of the fellas downtown for lunch, and then walked over to the convention center a few blocks away to check out the annual auto show. Here's a few that I liked.

After staying up later than usual last night, and all that walking today, I'm beat. The overcast and chilly weather isn't exactly energizing either, so I think it will be a lazy rest of the day for me. :yes:

Attachments

• 20191117_130111.jpg
    20191117_130111.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20191117_130130.jpg
    20191117_130130.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20191117_130137.jpg
    20191117_130137.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20191117_135629.jpg
    20191117_135629.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20191117_135649.jpg
    20191117_135649.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20191117_135713.jpg
    20191117_135713.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20191117_135743.jpg
    20191117_135743.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 5
  • 20191117_135858.jpg
    20191117_135858.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20191117_143144.jpg
    20191117_143144.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20191117_143314.jpg
    20191117_143314.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 5

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Had the day off, use it or lose it situation with the PTO. Went to my Dr's office to draw blood for my lab work. They got me in early, so that was cool. Suffered a rock chip a couple weeks ago, so setup an appointment with Safelite for mid morning to get that handled.

20191118_095318.jpg

20191118_095355.jpg

Their website said it was a 30-45 minute procedure, but I ended up sitting there for 2 hours. :mad: The guy who was before me had been there a bit longer, and was getting his whole windshield replaced. But some camera they need to calibrate the glass, wasn't working properly, and that was the delay. He got mad at the time they were taking, and asked for his keys back. A tech came out to speak with me, and said I'd be ready to go in 10 minutes, so while I was getting hangry, that settled me down some.

They warned me that there would still be some imperfections in the glass, and it wouldn't be perfect, just that the chip wouldn't turn into a crack. I was fine with that, in the sunlight or from the outside, you can't tell at all. Sitting in the truck, there's a faint, round outline (see previous pic) but if you didn't know it was there to look for, you won't notice it.

20191118_133030.jpg

20191118_133115.jpg

Got home, and decided on a brown sugar bourbon, bacon cheese burger with pepper jack and provolone, along with some seasoned fries for lunch. Really hit the spot, and has me seriously considering a nap in the next 20 minutes. :sleepy:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Deer stand is calling my name

Reactions: Mooseman

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Whirlwind trip to Calgary to see an old friend. With lots of head and cross winds, managed 13.4 liters/100km so around the 17mpg mark. The Trailblazer clocked 240,000km. Then rip back home for work. My 3500 is running like garbage, intermittent cylinder 1 misfire, sometimes throws a code and sometimes not. Could be the harness, could be the injector. Oh well its got engine warranty until 160,000km. I don't feel like shelling out 1000+ bucks for an injector. Its booked into the dealer Thursday.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Went to crimetown today to drop off my 3500 at the dealer. They managed to get it in a day earlier. Did some shopping and picked up some oil for my vintage sleds at Cambodian tire. they have their motomaster brand conventional injector oil on sale. Its Citgo made, probably a rebadged Mystic blend. Says its TC-w3 on the bottle but Cambodian says its also API TC and JASO FB, which is plenty good for those old sleds. Came out to 5.50$ a litre, which is a decent price.

Got a couple calls later from the dealer as they are doing some diagnostics, confirmed my truck was using fresh fuel, up to date on its fuel filters etc so we will see where it goes from here.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Did some deer hunting so in the personal office doing some paperwork this evening

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Going to my doctor this arvo to see what's up with the thumb, or what's left of it.

Reactions: Eric04 and Mooseman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online