What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Busy day yesterday. Took the Caprice out to get filled with premium at Costco (which has no ethanol), picked up some Castrol synth 5w30 there too. Did an oil change and loaded it up with all the parts I was supposed to have installed by now (headers, exhaust,seats, console) to clear up the garage a bit, and then took it to storage for the winter. Then got together with my son, his gf and Mrs. Moose to get the cover on the RV for the winter. Got done so late that I didn't have time to visit mom at the hospital.

Today, took a bunch of containers full of old oil, tranny fluid and coolant to Mr. Lube for recycling, had a nice Mexican lunch of enchiladas and now visiting my mom.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Trying to not fall asleep at work.

Reactions: BrianF

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You got some reading that should keep ya up :wink:

I am in the cube, but actually busy setting up for telework tomorrow and clearing projects before the weekend.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
A week or so ago I drew up some plans for a ported subwoofer box for a 12" JL w7 (Did a bit of math to get the right air space and port size).

Today I finally got some time to cut up some MDF and get to work on it.20191017_115026.jpg
Painted the inside of the port since I won't be able to get to it once it's all put together.20191017_140241.jpg
Wood glued all matting points. Predrilled and counter sinking all the screw holes.20191017_153221.jpg
I rounded out the port opening and inner chamber.20191017_162153.jpg
Added some 45 degree pieces to all the inner corners to keep the air moving more smoothly(helps with box strength too). 20191017_162202.jpg
This is all I got done today.

I still have to chauk all the seams, screw the top panel on, wood putty all the screw holes, pop the hole for the sub, add speaker terminals. Thinking about whether I want to put carpet on it or use a textured spray coat to finish it off.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice Box.

Today I get to run the home-front while the wife is at work. Did today's work last night since I get to spend the day in charge of 7 kids and did not think any work would get done with this mess. Also gathering the goods for my cheesy chicken chili for a soup cook-off tomorrow. I won a couple years ago and got 2nd last year out of about 50 entries, so hoping to show well again.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Slept half the day after a night shift, lunch with my wife's co-workers, quick jaunt to the pick n pull for a turn signal module from a full size to fix the hyper flash caused by my LED tails (which didn't fix it). Now visiting my mom at the hospital and then later will go out for dinner with the Mrs.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Covered at the store for my wife as she stayed behind due to the dog having puppies. Then home for a nap, bbq supper and then off to work nights. Tomorrow I have to deliver a horse to the Saskatoon area. My wife still has trouble driving long distances due to her busted ankle. Then race back and work nights again.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
House stuff. Finally scraped paint overspray off the windows (someone thought it a good idea to spray paint the trim at some point without taping stuff off I guess), removed the bad screens to get fixed or replaced, and cleaned the windows inside n out. Looks so much better.

Going to Ikea and hardware store with the wife to look at closet organizer ideas and get some stuff we still need so that we can unpack more stuff.

Gotta do a tire rotation on both truck and car and adjust tire pressures now that the colder air hit. That means finding my air hose for the compressor. It is in the garage....somewhere 🤪

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Well my wife felt up to it and took delivered the horse herself, gave me some time to sleep. Took some time to work on the Trailblazer, set the skunk trap, tinker with the sleds and soon to have a nap.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Went to go pick up the spare car that I was buying, and I did not come home with it. Seller told me that a tap in the engine started the next day after I test drove it. I listened to it, and it was not from the timing chain area. It was from the right side of the Head, and did increase and decrease with the rpm. I told the seller I could no longer but it. Luckily he wasnt mad about it. But no money has changed hands, and no paperwork has been done, do there wasn't much he could do about it anyways.

The search for another spare vehicle commences. I almost bought a Volvo 850R, but the seller has sold it as I pulled into his subdivision. Grr!

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Got some more work done on my sub box build.20191020_130625.jpg

20191020_133022.jpg

20191020_133958.jpg

20191020_161836.jpg
Tomorrow I'll sand and smooth down all the rough spots. I'm still on the fence about weather I should wrap it in carpet or texture paint.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube village after a exhausting weekend. Lots going on for awhile and trying to get ahead of the curve

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
My wife was at home all day so I took the opportunity to do another transmission drain/fill on the Equinox. I had done one after the last oil change and it was coal black. Came out purple this time so I'll probably do one more short interval swap before stretching it out to every 30k or so.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Went voting. That will be a nail biter with no clear party ahead right now. Went all over the place to pick up a pulley and belt to fit on the wood chipper. Replacing the motor that threw a rod. Going from 8hp to 15hp.

Visiting my mom now. Good news is they're talking about reading her 'soon'.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the cube farm again. Trying to figure out a way to do a bit more teleworking next week rather than take extra vacation days.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Same old same. I did finish the floors in the bar. Tonight I'll be doing the paneling in the bathrooms as well as meeting the bar chicks that I'll be working with.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At work. Been fighting an annoying sinus cold thing for the last week.

Did not get the closet stuff on Sat. Didn't reach a good consensus on a plan for the layout given some layout constraints. Needs more head scratching. Same thing on window blinds, just not sure what direction we want to go and with what budget constraints we have. We did get some fire extinguishers though 🤪

I have some additional work to do tonight. Old 2nd job stuff. Dropping it after next month as it has become such a drag taking up some evenings for not enough $ anymore. I can make up the difference with less than half the time needed doing some OT at the day job. Heck, maybe I'll work the same hours and make 2x as much to pay for some of these projects...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Installed the 15hp engine on the wood chipper. Had to grind a bolt on the pulley housing and add some washers as spacers as that bolt was hitting the crankcase. The new belts I got we're too small so had to use the old cracked one. It works great, doesn't even break a sweat now.

Now getting ready to go see my mom, go have some dinner after and then head in for a night shift.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
It's been pretty quiet at work over the last weeks so I've been taking advantage of the free time and doing some DIY stuff.
20191022_144147.jpg
Finished off the sanding on the box.

After struggling to find decent 0/1 gauge wire ring terminals I chose to make my own.20191023_104000.jpg
20191023_104007.jpg
20191023_111838.jpg
Made some for 8 gauge aswell.
20191023_114233.jpg
Old trusty got a little work out.
20191023_114246.jpg
Finished those up on to the next project.
Have to give credit when credit is do so a link to the video will be attached.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Spent the morning talking to GM Canada as well as online chatting regarding the Caprice. In my estimate, it was GM's fault for not sending VIN and vehicle info to the Insurance Bureau of Canada when it brought it here in 2011. Ended up with the chat session CSR saying that an ambassador will contact me later today. They wouldn't even give me the phone number of GM Canada's Corporate office. I'm paying through the nose on insurance on it and thought I would get some relief when I put it in storage and suspending the liability portion of the policy I have with Facility Association. But because of Facility's nature, I can't do that so I'm paying for full coverage despite the car being in storage for the winter :mad:. Facility Association is basically insurance of last resort for drunks and insurance fraudsters.

This afternoon, fixing my La Z Boy electric recliner that my son broke. The local store stocks the parts and gives them for free but the job itself will be a bitch. It takes their techs about 3 hours to do. They were even nice enough to provide me with the instructions. If this is such a common failure part and it's a pain to replace, sometimes on their dime under warranty, why don't they make it easier to replace it or improve the original part? Dumb! It's a plastic piece that connects the actuator to the main rod that lifts the leg rest. I can see it being made with aluminum and in two pieces to put it on the rod without having to take out the rod.

IMG_20191021_130332_resized7190100662356490440.jpg

Last edited:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Tried to mow the yard on Monday and the wheel snapped off. Bolt sheared. Why, no clue. Of course it came off and flopped under the deck so the blade took a slice off the wheel. Sigh.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Been home since last Thursday and teleworking again today with no trip to office until Monday. Been a good little break to get some things done, but also surprised the wife with a girls trip to FL so while teleworking I get to run a daycare for the third day this week. Also get to do it tomorrow but then she returns home in the evening for the trick/treat stuffs.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, today my mom was discharged from the hospital :wooot:. We went for a nice brunch and then home. She was just happy to not have to eat any more hospital food.
:puke:
Took her home, made sure she was settled in, then headed home but not before shopping for some new shoes and picking up some outer tie rods for the wife's CR-V.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Long day today, but not much work will get done. One of the directors, and our CEO's last day is tomorrow. Having a going away breakfast, and lunch, sandwiched around our bi-monthly all staff meeting this morning. Then we're closing at 3 so parents can take their kids trick or treating. I came into the office 30 minutes early to get as much done as I could, so I'm not swamped this afternoon.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Learning to mix drinks tonight...tomorrow the bar opens.
May this be your luck:
Customer tips St. Louis area bartender a Powerball ticket that turns into $50,000 winner

O’FALLON, Mo. — A bartender at Bleacher’s Bar in O’Fallon won’t soon forget a tip one of her regular customers left for her. KMOV reports that the Powerball ticket he gave her turned into a $50,000 winner.
Taylor Russey said it isn’t unusual for this customer to buy lottery tickets for those at the bar on Highway P.
“One of the regulars will buy the rest of the regulars in the bar Lottery tickets every now and then, especially when it’s high,” Russey said.
He did that Saturday, Oct. 19. The next day, the bar’s Lottery terminal alerted them that they had sold a big winning ticket.
“I was like, ‘Guys, who won all this money and didn’t tell anybody?’” Russey said.
It turns out that winning ticket was Russey’s. Her tickets matched four of the five white-ball number drawn on Oct. 19, plus the Powerball.
Missouri Lottery said Russey’s $50,000 ticket is the 40th sold in Missouri, and the second sold in O’Fallon in 2019.
Additionally, players in St. Charles County have won more than $47.9 million in Missouri Lottery prizes this last fiscal year. That has paid retailers in the area more than $4.9 million in commissions and bonuses. Missouri Lottery said $9.2 million went to educational programs in the county.
https://fox4kc.com/2019/10/29/custo...owerball-ticket-that-turns-into-50000-winner/

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Getting Halloween ready with rain and below freezing forecast....makes princess costumes a bit difficult

Reactions: Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Getting Halloween ready with rain and below freezing forecast....makes princess costumes a bit difficult
We arent going to trick or treat door to door. Its supposed to be 10* here tonight. So we are going to go to some of the old folks homes in the area. Apparently they really appreciate seeing the kiddos in their costumes!

• Love
Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They had a couple of those things in the parking lots of the old folks homes earlier this week. Trunk or Treat style. I sent the wife on a girls trip this week though and thought she would be back for trick treat tonight, but flight delay has me and the 4 lil ones doing this cold night on our own. 1/3/6/8 year olds will make this interesting

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
We arent going to trick or treat door to door. Its supposed to be 10* here tonight. So we are going to go to some of the old folks homes in the area. Apparently they really appreciate seeing the kiddos in their costumes!

So we didnt go to the old folks homes in the area. We called a couple of them, and they were doing it early in the afternoon, but at the time we were trying to go, it was time for them to go to sleep (6pm). Well shit..

Its still to cold to go door to door. So I came up with the idea of going out to the local police stations, and fire stations. They were more than happy to see us.. As we were the only ones to show up all night! So that was a treat sharing my family with them, when they cant be with theres.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the personal office doing two jobs and relaxing from a long week. Hoping to get stuff done by lunch and call it for the week.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Cube then after work its under the truck.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Been working on the shower's faucet valve all day and going to Home Despot for the parts. At least all the parts were free under a lifetime warranty (Moen). Even the handle was fubar as the set screw was rusted solid and stripped. I was lucky as they also had the handle on hand even though, as she explained to me, they usually don't carry them for warranty. Off the shelf it was $50! Then cleaned up and wanted to clean off the rust stains on the chrome trim. Used a pot scrubber and Comet and it came right off. Kept going and was able to get all the rust stains off the whole tub. They had been plaguing us since we moved here 10 years ago. And with the new iron removing water softener installed earlier, it should stay this way for a while.

Mrs. Moose will be happy! :dance::love0001:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Heading south of the border today to pick up some packages and a little shopping.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
House stuff, hopefully.

Reactions: Matt

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Car Shopping... (KILL ME NOW!)

• Haha
Reactions: Matt and Mooseman