What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Decided to take the dogs out for some exercise, so got up this morning and took them to the park before it got too hot. Naturally they were stupid excited and burned out a lot of their energy before we even got halfway around the loop. I went to cut through a large grassy area, let them sniff around, and not be so distracted by joggers/bikers/other dogs, and made a fatal error in judgement.

Some areas that looked flat, really weren't, and we ended up in wet, soggy spots. OK, not too big a deal, keep going and get across... Until we got into a swampy section that had enough water to splash when walking. To top that off, the large one decided she wanted to lay down in it. :duh: And when I told her to get up, she started army crawling through it. :Banghead: The smaller 2 figured that was a great idea, so they laid down in the water too. Great so I have 3 wet and filthy dogs, with zero towels in the EXT. :hissyfit:

Got 3/4 through the lap and stopped at a shelter. Gave them some water, and let them rest for a while.

Got home and they were wiped out, which was nice. They all went to sleep, no pacing, whining to go outside, or following me all over the house every time I got off the couch lol A little while ago, let them out back so they could do their business, if they needed to, and they each found a spot to lay down right after being let out. I thought that was funny.

After about 10 minutes of that, I started getting hot, so tried to heard them back inside. THAT is when they decided they wanted to sniff around and explore. Nope! Too late, back in the house. Y'all can run around when the sun starts to set and there's more shade back there. :hahano:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube, but after the past 4 days...I am almost glad to have the relaxation time.

Reactions: Redbeard

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
VA appointment

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube farm doing some data entry

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Back in the farm.. Arranged to have a new employee hired on Monday. My boss wants me to go out to one of our contract sites, and do some spot checking on our contractors, make sure they are abiding by the rules, and if not, correcting them, or reporting back.

Dreccomel

May 14, 2016
NY
Forgot to post on Monday.

I did a break service, rear rotors and rotated the tires.

👍😊😎

Attachments

• 20190805_123917.jpg
    20190805_123917.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190805_105947.jpg
    20190805_105947.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190805_112849.jpg
    20190805_112849.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190805_130312_HDR.jpg
    20190805_130312_HDR.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190805_105938_HDR.jpg
    20190805_105938_HDR.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 7

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Forgot to post on Monday.

I did a break service, rear rotors and rotated the tires.

👍😊😎

Nice work :2thumbsup: .Where did you do the break in for the pads and rotors? FDR drive or the West side highway. Lol

Reactions: Dreccomel

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Got a half day. Since I'm not allowed OT anymore I get to leave at 12:30. :2thumbsup: That means I go home and help mom. She had rotator cuff surgery earlier in the week. Thing that sucks is shes allergic to codeine, vicodin, etc... so she is quite literally on a ibuprofen regimen and that's it... gotta hurt.

Back in the farm.. Arranged to have a new employee hired on Monday. My boss wants me to go out to one of our contract sites, and do some spot checking on our contractors, make sure they are abiding by the rules, and if not, correcting them, or reporting back.
So you're telling me my containment basin isn't supposed to be filled with A.C. right now?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Got informed everything is pretty much done for the house purchase and closing could be moved up. Closing on the 19th instead of the 22nd. Could have done the 16th but seller is unavailable that day.

Excited? Yes. Very.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
cube

• Sad

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just finished working 3 nights in a row. First time I have ever been scheduled for 3 in the same week like this. As a reservist, I just submit the days I'm available and I usually get 2 per week. The force is so short, it couldn't survive without us. Guys are burnt out and can't fill in with OT anymore. That's what happens when we are the lowest paid police force in Canada.

Dreccomel

May 14, 2016
NY
Got informed everything is pretty much done for the house purchase and closing could be moved up. Closing on the 19th instead of the 22nd. Could have done the 16th but seller is unavailable that day.

Excited? Yes. Very.

Congrats... 👏

Just finished working 3 nights in a row. First time I have ever been scheduled for 3 in the same week like this. As a reservist, I just submit the days I'm available and I usually get 2 per week. The force is so short, it couldn't survive without us. Guys are burnt out and can't fill in with OT anymore. That's what happens when we are the lowest paid police force in Canada.

Enjoy while it last 😊 I don't get O.T. unless someone is ill or whether emergency 😒.

Nice work :2thumbsup: .Where did you do the break in for the pads and rotors? FDR drive or the West side highway. Lol

Westside... 😂😏😎

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Took my little one fishing for a bit this afternoon.20190809_155113.jpg
He finally caught his first cocktail blue fish.
20190809_154713.jpg
He must of caught an released a dozen or so porgy.
20190809_144838.jpg
6 or so black fish aswell.

All I caught was a hand cramp from baiting his hooks. Lmao
Unfortunately my oldest missed the fun since he got a J O B working at a skate park close to home.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Going to Roadkill Nights! I can't can't wait.

They have a live feed on YouTube, if anyone wants to watch it.

Dreccomel

May 14, 2016
NY
I spent all morning changing the ball joints on my truck. I was not on the clock and have the day off so I could take my time doing it. Besides, I just saved 480 USDs... 😊👍😎

Attachments

• 20190810_112701_HDR.jpg
    20190810_112701_HDR.jpg
    655 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190810_081940.jpg
    20190810_081940.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190810_081909.jpg
    20190810_081909.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 4

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
During the Thrill Rides, one of the Challengers hit the fence coming around a corner. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20190810_193519.jpg
    IMG_20190810_193519.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
First day of back to school morning traffic. Oof, I don't miss this! Made sure to leave about 10 minutes earlier than usual to miss some of the school zones and bus stops. Made it to work in about 30 minutes (had been 15-20 all summer) instead of the 45 that's typical during the school year.

Hoping for a smooth day. Have a meeting with a data consultant for our CEO before lunch, and a meeting to get new project details with my boss and a department head after lunch. So that should keep me occupied for the most part.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Woke up WAY TO MOTHER F()*&*(&^G so I could go to a contract location. Have complaints of drivers speeding. Now I need to figure out how to stay up all day. This day is going to suck balls!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Figuring out how to get home from work. They decided to change plan and shutdown my route along with the interstate. Sucked finding that out this morning..

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Finishing up on the Saab and if time permits, install an electric jack on the RV because, well, electric! Then working tonight.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hoping for a smooth day. Have a meeting with a data consultant for our CEO before lunch, and a meeting to get new project details with my boss and a department head after lunch. So that should keep me occupied for the most part.

First meeting went great. Dug into some data, and came across some trends worth investigating. Other meeting... :rolleyes: I sat in the meeting room staring at the wall for 5 minutes, before going to see where people were at. Boss' office was dark, and someone told me she was in with HR. Wander around some more and the department head is chit chatting with someone about roommates, moving, and saving money. Stood there quietly for a minute or so, softly whispered their name, and gave them the stink eye when they turned around. "Oh crap, is it our meeting time? Did I forget?" Yes, and yes. :hopeless:

All I knew before, was that they wanted to pull multiple data sets from the system, cross reference a few things against each other, and put that into a tracking sheet of sorts, so people didn't have to do so much back and forth in the system. So I told her last week, give me a template of what you want the final product to look like, and details on what criteria needs to get pulled. None of that was done yet, so it was a short meeting. Can't tell you how hard it will be to get somewhere, if I don't know where I'm trying to go. :mad:

Dreccomel

May 14, 2016
NY
First meeting went great. Dug into some data, and came across some trends worth investigating. Other meeting... :rolleyes: I sat in the meeting room staring at the wall for 5 minutes, before going to see where people were at. Boss' office was dark, and someone told me she was in with HR. Wander around some more and the department head is chit chatting with someone about roommates, moving, and saving money. Stood there quietly for a minute or so, softly whispered their name, and gave them the stink eye when they turned around. "Oh crap, is it our meeting time? Did I forget?" Yes, and yes. :hopeless:

All I knew before, was that they wanted to pull multiple data sets from the system, cross reference a few things against each other, and put that into a tracking sheet of sorts, so people didn't have to do so much back and forth in the system. So I told her last week, give me a template of what you want the final product to look like, and details on what criteria needs to get pulled. None of that was done yet, so it was a short meeting. Can't tell you how hard it will be to get somewhere, if I don't know where I'm trying to go. :mad:
It's hard to be productive when management would not provide you with what you need to get the job done. I hate it when they do that and then they expect me to be able to read their minds and have done it before the meeting 😒. I don't get paid to think 😏 just do... 😊 that's managements job.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the home office. Getting some stuff done and waiting for kids to walk over after school. Then crafting a way to skip out of work tomorrow.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Finished night shift this morning, slept about 4 hours, went for breakfast and picked up a wall plug, plastic box and trim piece for the RV as well as a CO/propane/gas detector and a ceramic heater for those cold nights.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Bit of a carry over from last night... Was winding down for the evening, stepped into the bathroom and noticed something on the floor next to my foot. Glance over, and it moved, startled me pretty good lol.... I think I've seen this little guy in the back yard along the fence a few times. He was easier to catch than expected, put him back outside. Need all the free lizard control I can get!

This morning when I woke up, took a peek outside, and confirmed that he got into the house, through the channel under he sliding glass doors to the patio. There's a large crack running along the back of the concrete patio, and it looks like he was using that to help shed his skin.

Gonna wait until this afternoon when the rain lets up to run some errands, send back that O2 sensor, and stop at the grocery store for some goodies.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
First day back from vacation. My 2007 Sierra C1500 is running different. After a month changing driving habits. And I got better MPGs. A month ago, I made a cold air intake for it. Yesterday when I filled the truck it said my range was 450 miles to E. I traveled from El Paso to home using I10 and I20. I stopped outside of Fabens where a car crashed and caught fire. One and a half hours later, I was released. My MPG was 12.3. I reached Sweetwater in the same tank and had 20.3 MPG. I filled up in Sweetwater and my range changed to 530 miles. When I pulled into my driveway, I had a half a tank and 20.7 MPG. normally I'm at around a quarter of a tank. Had this truck since new and never had this before.

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
My upper back is none too happy with me today. Getting that O2 sensor changed out put a little more strain on me than I thought. Pain meds are helping, but typical Monday BS at work is offsetting it. At least the day is halfway over.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
My upper back is none too happy with me today. Getting that O2 sensor changed out put a little more strain on me than I thought. Pain meds are helping, but typical Monday BS at work is offsetting it. At least the day is halfway over.

Yep.

Dreccomel

May 14, 2016
NY
I feel your pain... I too was in pain after replacing the downstream sensor. The difference was that I did it after work and the commute home was uneventful. A shower, Tylenol and a sleeping bag with the fun on my face is all I needed. The next morning I woke up pain free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.