What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Since the weather was nice, decided to fire up the mower and cut down some weeds. Got started and things sounded funny, glance to my right, and I see clippings flying up when they shoulda been going into the bagger. Hop off for a closer look, the bottom bagger tube isn't connected to the cutting deck, it's just kinda flopping there. :Banghead:

On closer inspection, one of the rubber retainers is split, and lost the metal spring clip that it holds. The plastic loop that's supposed to latch onto the cutting deck is also broken. WTF? So apparently I must have hit something (thinking when I backed it into the shed, probably clipped the doorway) last fall when I made my last cut of the year, and didn't notice. So had to let it blow the cuttings all over the lawn, which means I probably spread a ton of weed seeds as well. Lovely. :rolleyes:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ordered some replacement parts for my mower, so I'll be ready to roll the next time the weeds need to be dealt with. Did some cleaning around the house, in prep for pulling a bunch of stuff out of my office for reorganization. Installed my phone charger mounted in the truck where I want it.

Got a call from @jimmyjam to meet up for a late lunch and watch some UFC, so will be heading out for that in a bit. Gives me a chance to test out the charger, so good timing there. May go visit with a friend from out of town that's passing through, will have to wait and see if I get a text or not.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The work thing.

Reactions: Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Work thing.. Training another new owner operator. Got one every day this week.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Got the front diff gear oil changed out in the diesel. 67,xxxkm on the clock. It was early as I doubt I even have 500km with the 4wd engaged. Little wear material on the fill plug and the fluid looked good. Oh well, 30 minutes with some oil I have had laying around for a few years.

Inspected the Tb and see its time for a new air filter.

Kids groomed some horses and helped me chisel the walk so it would melt.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube farm putting in my hours

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Trying to build up the gumption to go and clean the garage.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Relaxing on the couch at the moment. Slow boring day in the office, with drizzly weather was kinda miserable. Sister rented one of those HD cargo vans to come take stuff out of my house today. She got a lot more out of here than expected. I can finally look out the front window in the dining room, from my couch. She should have everything out of here by the weekend. :biggrin:

Decided to pull the trigger on getting solar panels for the house. Had the salesman come by after work to sign paperwork. Thanks to some rebates, the final price came down a few grand which is nice. Hopefully I got enough good karma built up from bailing my sister out for the past year, that Murphy's law doesn't come sniffin around here!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
in the cube village and wishing it was Friday to head to the Sunshine state. Gonna be one interesting trip with my 4 kids, MIL's 3 foster kids, The wife's mom/dad/sister/grandma all in one condo, but has to be better than work.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Worked a short shift today, as I had to be home between 2 and 4, for a site inspection from the solar company. Since there was no traffic, I stopped at the gas station, and then Walmart for something real quick. Pulled up at 1:50, and the guy was waiting in my driveway. Prefer them to show early, much more than at the end of that wide-ass time window, then I can enjoy the rest of the afternoon and chill :thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Feeling lazy in the office, nothing interesting to work on besides busy work. So instead, being a creeper, watching what the solar installer is doing at the house. He was chatting up one of the neighbors for a bit, before getting up on the roof (even though the guy on Monday already checked the roof? :confused:)

Garage_live_1553694966409.jpg

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Back to work. Got my work truck back from Ford. New CPAS, fixed the auxiliary wiring, vacuum hubs, tire rotation, oil change, windshield and a working backup cam. Its like a new as they even washed it. Bets are on for how long it will last before I wreck it......

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Thought I'd share this marvel of engineering with you all.

While looking through Craigslist. I found a 97x for sale. Come to find out, it has the marvelous and super rare 5 cylinder engine!

I thought that maybe they were going by the engine size, but it says 4.2 in the description and the engine size decal is missing from the rear lid.

Attachments

• Mystery Machine.JPG
    Mystery Machine.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 9

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe it only RUNS on 5 cylinders :laugh:

smt 59

Hi all,
Yes I’m still kicking around and playing with the Voy. I do check the site quite regularly but not signed in as if I do I stay on for to long and work n stuff is quite busy. So here’s the latest on the Voy, took her in as I could not identify a clunk coming from the back end so up on the hoist she goes resulting in “not sure what it is and think it may be the clips worn or broken in the rear diff”, I’m thinking at this point oh shit she’s finally going to be replaced. So I take it to the local transmission shop and they say not the diff for sure but leave it with us for a few day and we can try and find the noise. “Ahhhhhhh mmmmm NO thanks”, so at this point I’m running errands and the light comes on so I go to the spring shop and they crawl under the truck and first thing said is “not liking the way the spring is sitting and is probably broken or the lift spacer is. Going back next week to have them take it apart and if the spring is broken then will replace with a longer one and eliminate the lift spacers. Bottom line is what a joke trying to find anyone that can actually figure something like this out without being intimidated by any or all mods, apparently because I’ve done so much to it I can expect this kind of issue. WOW

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've had supposed mechanics tell me it needs wheel hubs for an alignment but miss that it totally needed lower A-arm bushings. Hard to find good shops nowadays.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Went out with volume and profit. I remember when my dad's '67 Impala 302 was running poorly, backfiring, etc. Canadian Tire (biggest scamming auto shop in Canada) said it needed a timing chain. Being skeptical, he took it to a small shop and told him he had water in the gas and to just put in some Kleen Flo in the tank. No charge.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Was just going to swap out the alternator and switch the airbags to springs... Left work and CEL came on. P0451, I just changed that fuel pump back in December, Delphi, go figure.

I'm going to see if they'll ship me a new fuel pump, sell that one and change it to an ACDelco or Bosch. I'll probably just get the pressure sensor from them anyway. I'll do the same with the sensor depending on who the manufacturer of their sensor is.

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Not a damn thing. Spent 6.5 hours yesterday putting wire mesh on our 200' of vinyl picket fence so the dog can run around in the backyard instead of being on a wire rope. I'm now feeling every year of 48.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Had a nice brunch with Mrs. Moose, then going to Costco for a bit of fun and enjoyment on a Saturday afternoon (not!). Still better then being stuck behind a price match whore at Walmart.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Quite the social day on tap. Couple friends stopped by just before lunch, on their way to an overnight wedding trip, and I agreed to watch their pups. So I've got their 2, and my sister's. Thankfully they are all behaving, aka napping.

20190330_150013.jpg20190330_151330.jpg20190330_150024.jpg

In a few hours, an old friend and her son, who moved cross country a few years back, will stop by for a visit as it's his spring break. One of many stops to see all their old acquaintances.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Working from home today, since the solar panels are getting installed. Had to move the EXT to the front lawn to make room in the garage so the guys can get to the attic hatch, and electrical panel comfortably when they need to. Right now, they are hammering around to locate the beams, to bolt the frame rails to. Pretty noisy process, the dog thinks we're under attack, and he's going to protect me :rolleyes:

Preview_Garage_01_20190401_075736_220019140.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back in the personal office and working both jobs somehow before vacation is technically over...

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Back to work after 2 weeks off...this sucks!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The end of a LONG day!!! All the solar stuff is now installed, along with some other goodies and services they threw into the deal. They have an energy solutions sister company, so they did a blower test, putting a fan in my front door to create negative pressure in the house, and then identify air leaks. Some I knew about already, a couple were new discoveries.

20190401_112130.jpg

They installed a Nest thermostat, so it was cool to play around with that, and check out the mobile app. Got a smart power strip, that can automatically shut off some of the outlets, when the main item in the strip is turned off. Could see that being used for a computer with multiple monitors or something. :undecided: They also gave me a truck load of LED bulbs, you know that made me happy. Told the guy he didn't have to waste time installing them, I could handle that. :wink:

20190401_165222.jpg

I had them upgrade my electrical panel, since the previous one was full and only rated for 150 amps. I believe this one is 200, I'll have to double check, and now leaves me with 6 open breaker slots for more circuits. Since I planned on getting a tankless water heater down the road, I knew I was going to need at least 2. Maybe add a couple of 220V outlets in the garage for a better compressor down the road, or for a welder. :biggrin: It did suck having the power out for about 6 hours of the day, and I was trying to work. Had to hotspot my phone for internet, and I struggled with a slow connection for 4 hours until I decided to reboot my phone, which fixed that issue. :compu-punch:

Couple shots of the panels, back, front, and side with the shut off switch and breakers. Now just have to wait for the utility company to come out, do their inspection, install the new meter, and I'll be good to go. I was warned they average 3 weeks to get that done. :hopeless: I noticed most of the other houses in the neighborhood that have gone solar, have conduit visible on the roof, connecting the different banks of arrays. These guys went through the attic with everything, which I wasn't expecting, but it makes for a much cleaner looking install. :thumbsup:

20190401_164649.jpg20190401_164856.jpg20190401_165049.jpg

Now I'm chillin, got a deep dish pizza in the oven, so waiting for that to finish so I can stuff my face and go through the DVR for the evening.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
First day back at school. Hitting chest at the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher