What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Tried to get some yard work in after getting my wheel spacers put on, but my back had had enough at that point and was screaming "no mas" After some pain relievers and a hot shower, I'm in couch potato mode for the rest of the day/evening.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Updating ledger sheets and paying bills. Fun stuff, ya know.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Had a plethora of assignments the past week or so. Finished them and back to planning mods for the TB. Got something really big cooking up 🤔😂

Applied to join a Microsoft Student Club in our college cause I'm a big fan boy. Had an interview yesterday, and I think it went really well 😎

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ordered myself a new phone, Motorola G6. My 4-year old Huawei phone works just fine and it is in amazing shape, but it's processing speed is just too slow for my liking now-a-days. Also wanted something with a far superior camera. This newer phone has a neat camera setup, dual-rear.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Well the wife told me I need to clean up my act, so she bought me a box.20180916_175901.jpg
Now I have to do a system of elimination and figure out how much of all this crap I want to keep in it.20180916_175929.jpg
It doesn't always look this bad back there but she's had enough of it I guess. I dont blame her for being upset but hey I got a new toy chest to fill up with goodies.:wooot:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Now I have to do a system of elimination and figure out how much of all this crap I want to keep in it.View attachment 86006
It doesn't always look this bad back there
I think we've all been there with the clutter in the truck on one scale or another :tongue:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working on a side project

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Configuring new server. Planning email migration.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Today is a typical busy Monday. Lots of work to be done, so the day is flying by. Coworkers aren't being annoying and breaking stuff, which is a huge help to my productivity. :cool:

Does anyone have speakers in their dash?

If you had the Bose system, then you would.

Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I do but I used that cardboard insert to add some :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
cube then bowling league.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Had an interesting commute this morning. Was in the center lane of bumper to bumper traffic, had the windows down, shades on, and music playing, when I hear a woman's voice "Hey stranger!" It was kinda loud, like too loud to just be someone on the phone with their windows down. So I look to the left lane, and sure enough, this woman is looking right at me. Didn't recognize her at first, but it was one of my former boss' daughters that I hadn't seen in over 2 years. Had worked together off and on for about 7 years.

It got kinda awkward (for me at least) cuz we rarely spoke to each other when it wasn't work related stuff, and here she is holding up the left lane so she can have small talk. Turns out the company we used to work for is going down in flames. They had about 70 people when I was let go 2 and a half years ago. She left 4 months ago, and said there's about 15-20 people left. I can't even picture how they can operate with so few people, but she said there wasn't any work coming in. I was trolling GMTN, and planning mods all day for about a year and a half because I had very little work to do, before my number was called, so I can believe it. Those were the days...

Rest of the day has been routine. Some meetings, and people coming to me with emergencies cuz they didn't plan properly. End of the fiscal year is this month, so folks are scrambling. Debating whether or not to go deal with the lawn when I get home. It's not bad yet, but today has been dry, and tomorrow looks to be too, so I should... Which means I'll probably be lazy and wait too long and then we'll get rain, and it will be out of control (again) :ugh:

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Working on my air horn. Should be done tomorrow. :2thumbsup:
Today I was waiting to turn into a gas station and this kid pulled up next to me in a Saturn with a 2x12 for a front bumper, with his window down, looking like he wanted to say something, so I rolled down my window and he looked over and asked "Do your tires rub at all?" I chuckled and said "No, but I had to do a lot of trimming." He responded "Well it looks sick man!" It made me feel pretty good.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drinking coffee in the cube

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Donut eating whores.

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working from the hometown

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Heading to a yard about an hour away to find a driveshaft for the wife's car.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Building carbon fiber ramps at work. Washing the Tb after work because Waze decided to take me down a soaked dirt road.

Reactions: Redbeard

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Getting ready to leave & drive back to PA (yes, it was planned...since last week, at least.) Dumping off the 'old' trailer (already there) & picking up a new one. Hopefully my last one (for a good long while, if not 'ever')

Hoping the Voy pulls her home w/o issue (only about 800lb heavier; 150 more on the tongue.) And about 5ft longer.

Fingers crossed, but s/b just fine. Still not at 'max' on any weight.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Going to try to be productive today, without losing 5 pounds in water weight from being in the garage and under the truck :tongue:

Currently waiting to get my alignment done. Guy asked me if I'd ever been to this shop before, and I said yes, few weeks back for new tires. He says "oh yeah! The truck with the lights!" :cool:

After this, planning to hit up harbor freight. One thing I learned with this last mod project, have redundant tools on hand. If something breaks, and you don't have 2nd vehicle, going to get new tools is going to really suck. Also, having to use an adjustable wrench frequently, is really irritating. So time to fill in some tool gaps, and put my tool chest to more use! :thumbsup:

Groceries are in order, need to stock up for the week. Need to clean off the top of the tool chest. A bunch of crap came off the struts as I worked on them. Also dripped some lubricant from applying it to the spring compressors. Should probably sweep out the garage while I'm at it. Then I'll be lazy for the rest of the day.

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
TB tailgate license plate pocket fell off in my hand today. All the plastic clips have completely broken away, so I'll need to bolt it back on from the outside using SS carriage bolts....should look fine and be functional. While I'm in there I have too look at why my rear wiper refuses to work....so I'm going to scan the site for the best thread before I start into it.

Edit....tailgate pocket fixed. That's more than I can say for the wiper motor. The shaft end is completely corroded. Wiper puller also finished off the plastic arm as well. Both items are a total loss. Time for new parts.

Last edited:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Back at work and of course the Sage accounting software was borked first thing this morning. I hate Mondays.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
At work trying to explain to big boss why her ideas are not how we do things since she is trying to cover for my supervisor while he is on vacation. Cant hire a consultant without approval for funds to pay them.....

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Got back from (far) eastern PA with the new trailer - and am happy to report that the Voy pulled (approx 12K GVWR) like a CHAMP! :2thumbsup: "Elevation matters" LMAO. "Why did I buy the Sierra, again?" :undecided:

(I say 'approximately', b/c the geniuses who rewrote the CAT scale app decided to no longer retain a list of results - so when I closed the app (& didn't go get the paper weigh slip), that weigh was lost forever. I guess they figure if you pony up $11.50 once, you'll do it again, no problem. Wrong.)

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Glad to see the end of a long and tiring week. Not sure what the deal is, I've been sleeping harder than usual, but still waking up tired as hell for work. Must be flexing my brain muscles more than expected.

Fully planning to be a bum and couch potato most of the weekend, stopped by the hardware store on the way home to pick up a pitch fork... (something I'd call you crazy for, if you told me in my 20's I'd be buying one in the future) Was becoming too much work to deal with turning the compost pile with a metal rake. MUCH easier on my back!

Got the lawn mowed and edges trimmed, so that's out of the way. Got laundry done while dinner was cooking. The replacement anvil for my impact drill came a day early, so got that replaced and operational. Now getting in a little TV time before bed.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Working today from home. Email migration from local Exchange to hosted 365.

Reactions: Matt

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Went bird hunting all day today. Going back to campus tonight which means I get to see my Tb tonight. Hopefully it isn’t sitting on blocks. :laugh: Will post a pic of the new mod if it’s still light enough for a pic when I get there. :undecided:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Recovering from working a night shift. Didn't take long for me to lose my ability to recover from those.

Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ran a couple errands this afternoon to get off the couch. Filled up the EXT, stopped by the grocery store, and scooped up some Adaptive One pads at the recommendation of @Chickenhawk, for the fronts as they just started squeaking on me. They were marked down to about $60 with an online code (save10)

Edit: Shrinking pics to 50% seemed to work

Attachments

• 20180929_160151.jpg
    20180929_160151.jpg
    776.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180929_160238.jpg
    20180929_160238.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180929_160313.jpg
    20180929_160313.jpg
    811.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Just been watching a load of old WWF & WWE clips & top 10 lists. I used to watch wrestling all the time when I was a middle-schooler and freshman in high school. WWE used to be entertaining until they started to make it really PG and have rivals battle it out like every week instead it being spread out or at P-P-V main events.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Exams, tests, assignments, quizzes. These are the things I'm surrounded by these days. Waiting for my trip back home, which is in 12 days time.

Dads finally got the message it seems. He's finally looking to get a Strutmasters kit to replace the shocks. And then there's my door handle bezels. Finally going to get parts straight from America the way they should be!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online