What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Went to my Dad's workplace, then headed out for dinner together. Had a bit of drag race on a straight road. Seems like we woke up the whole neighborhood. But I guess that's what happens when you pit a 8.1L V8 and a 4.2L I6 against each other 😂😂

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just came back from another 5 day, 1400km drive yesterday. Wife is here today, cracking the whip so I have to do something :worried:. Choices are installing flooring, cleaning out the gazebo and fixing her car. Think I'll fix her car. :biggrin: It needs wheel bearings, an axle, ball joint and brake work. It's been parked since June.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
First snag, strap bolts come out a bit then get tight. I hit them with blaster again and will wait 30 minutes and see what happens. Last thing I need is to break them.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Teleworking so its a bit more relaxing.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work and also perusing real estate a bit.

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Work and then probably gonna polish the duramax and follow it up with a coat of wax.

The 68’ started yesterday, but only stays running with the starter engaged, so im gonna have to hot wire the ignition to stay on.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Back to the shithole after 5 days off.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cubing it

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
First day back after almost a week off, and things were jumping. End of the fiscal year is at the end of the month, so things are ramping up. Thankfully, no major fires erupted while I was gone, so nobody's hair was on fire when I got back.

So I know the north face lights are like the holy grail and the rear wind deflector is rare. Is there any other rare or special items for TB’s?

:undecided: Only other thing that comes to mind is that Lund windshield wiper cowl, that hid the wiper arms.

Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So I know the north face lights are like the holy grail and the rear wind deflector is rare. Is there any other rare or special items for TB’s?

If you really want to know, you should start a separate thread asking the question.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Finishing the valvetrain on the flathead v8 for my F3. Possibly more engine assembly.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the cube

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Online shopping for some new tires. I know I've been running on borrowed time since last year when I should have replaced them then. Will try to get that done tomorrow after I figure out what I want.

Gonna get some video gaming in, in a bit before heading out for some afternoon errands. Pick up a script at the pharmacy, and some grocery shopping. Then meeting up with the fellas for the UFC fights and some food later this evening. I eyeballed the back yard, the lawn should probably get mowed soon, but not feeling it today. :no:

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ordered new polyurethane bump stops. After years of driving a lowered ride, they're finally toast.

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Due to the ever so slight lift from the new tires, my passenger side roof rack, in the rear, would scrape on the bottom rib of the garage door. Had the bright idea, instead of modding more stuff, why don't I see about adjusting the door so it opens more, and gets that rib out of the way instead? :lightbulb: [sarcasm] genius!! [/sarcasm]

Couple turns of an adjustment screw once I got the cover open, and the door opened a little further, giving me 2" more clearance than before, and no more scraping. :thumbsup: BUT... Then the door didn't wanna close. Would come down 6" or so, then go back up and act like the sensor got tripped. Fiddled with them for about 10 minutes, and finally got the door down, but had to do it from the house. So that made me late for work :mad:

Now I'm in the office, and things are good and busy, so hopefully that will make the day fly by. :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
cube life

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Finished the rest of the yard after work, since I got stopped by some rain yesterday. Got to try out the new string trimmer head, some modding was required though. Package says the head should fit my trimmer, and came with an assortment of nuts and bolts. None of them fit... :mad: OEM bolt had a 12mm head on it, but the new head required a 14mm head. :undecided: What to do? Took some scrap aluminum, cut some small shims out, hammered down one end to make a bit of a wedge, and tap them into 2 sides of the bolt to make it snug.

Cranked it up, and let it eat. Performed WAY better than the bump feed head, and the strings lasted much longer, my assumption is due to the hinged attachments. Got everything trimmed up to the point the battery wore out, and I didn't lose any length on any of the lines. Previously, I would have had to stop to fight with the head to get more line out, 3 or 4 times. Well worth the investment after just the first use, and I haven't even tried the blades yet. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 20180911_185457.jpg
    20180911_185457.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 8

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Went and picked up new phones for the wife and Little X. Who's is not so little any more at 6' as of today..... They grow up so fast...:sadcry:View attachment 85944
Small hijack...I just switched to T-Mobile myself (better nationwide coverage than old carrier.) Legere is a marketing genius, but their pricing schemes are wack (maybe that's part of the genius -?) In any case, I like them (so far)

As for what I'm doing today...attending a trade show in PA. Then packing up and skeedaddling back to home base before the storm gets close enough to matter (plus I'm pretty damned tired of a full week of rain wherever I've been driving and don't want to see more!)

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the cube yo

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Started new server assembly at work. Screw you Dell and HP, you don't have what I want, without getting some stupid level of upgrades on other features I couldn't care less about, for astronomical prices I don't want to pay for. Supermicro chassis it is, with the CPU power, drive speed, and storage capacity I want, at a price that isn't insane.

Only time I can see using prebuilds anymore is in a large corporate environment. Other than that, for just a tad more initial effort on the IT guy's part you get a heck of a lot more bang for your buck doing this sort of thing.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got a meeting at school for the kid tonight. Fun Fun

Reactions: Redbeard

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Working on the new server. Missing 1 drive for the backup set as they sent us a 4k displaylink instead of the second hard drive for some dumb reason :dunce: but I can at least start getting the rest configured. RAID arrays are setting up, then on the OS load and a basic config.

Also going to be delving into the managed switch and firewall to set up VLANs and all sorts of fun stuff. More work than a basic unmanaged network, but long term will be much better. I haven't touched VLANs since 2008 though, and that was only a little bit, so, I have some (re)learning to do :book: Going to assume I'll have a little tinkering to do to get it working right :compu-punch:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the cube for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online