What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Well... last night I lost power steering and brake boost on @brianlibby791 s truck. That was fun. Then I fell down the steps. This morning the voy was leaking coolant out the rad and now its pissing power steering too and on the TB my power steering locked up pulling into the driveway. Short of windowing the block not much else can go wrong.

Last edited:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Cancelled my order for the Wagner Sprayer yesterday. I've decided to just plasti-dip the truck instead and ordered a Dip Sprayer from their site. It'll be easier for me to take care of and make repairs on dip vs. a matte or satin paint. I've had great success in the past using this stuff and I know my way around it.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Of course Lowes sends a truck on Independence Day, so we'll be unloading a 53 footer this arvo.

Reactions: Redbeard

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Changed ignition key and switch. I did learn that on my '04 that there is a "security" idiot light that I have never seen before. I guess the new ac/delco parts just didn't speak well to each other at first. Disconnected the battery for an additional 30 minutes and the idiot light went away. Happy 4th of July to all.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Cooling down in the man cave with wife and dog (he doesn't like the fireworks). Some Sporting Dog heh ?

Reactions: Redbeard

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
9763D5E4-484F-4584-8C4D-5A47788F6F72.jpeg
Met chris fix today while i was at work.. putting a pool in a couple doors down from him so thats pretty cool..

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I would have asked him if he knows why he's been getting bashed by that nutbar Scotty Kilmer lately. His videos can't stand on their own so he creates clickbait by calling out another Youtuber. I installed a blocker just so I can block his crap videos.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It's barely 9am and I'm already watching the clock for the weekend to start. :hopeless: The whole week has been slow, no one has any work to do. The ladies are all socializing in the cubes right outside my office, so that's slightly entertaining, and keeping me from nodding off at my desk for fear of embarrassment :redface:

I think I'll kill some time looking up some new living room furniture. The couch and love seat combo I have now doesn't fit the shape/size of my living room very well, and it's too much seating that doesn't get used. Thinking a sectional, with ottomans that could be used to make the ends into a chaise if I wanted, will be the way to go :undecided:

mntegra01

Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
I would have asked him if he knows why he's been getting bashed by that nutbar Scotty Kilmer lately. His videos can't stand on their own so he creates clickbait by calling out another Youtuber. I installed a blocker just so I can block his crap videos.
I like EricTheCarGuy better, but I definitely like ChrisFix better than scotty, Scotty is more annoying in his videos than anything.

Reactions: Kurb

Kurb

May 3, 2014
I bought a m... m.... m... min... mini.. minv... uh... minivan. A Toyota at that.
Still coming to grips with this one. The Trailblazer failed inspection. They wanted $2200 to fix it. I decided it was probably time for something with a little less miles. Don't worry, I still can't part with the Trailblazer. I now own three vehicles, so now I don't have to worry about getting it fixed quickly to get it back on the road. I can have some fun with it now.... Looking forward to this new chapter... ..except for the m... mini.. mini something part.

mntegra01

Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
it will be ok. Just working on vans sucks a whole lot more. I hope at least they gave you a list of what failed inspection so we can help you get it fixed up. I bet it only like maybe $500 in parts @Kurb

Reactions: Redbeard and Kurb

Kurb

May 3, 2014
it will be ok. Just working on vans sucks a whole lot more. I hope at least they gave you a list of what failed inspection so we can help you get it fixed up. I bet it only like maybe $500 in parts @Kurb

They gave me a list, but they were definitely overpriced and over picky. I knew it had a bad ball joint and muffler but did not have enough time to fix it, and the inspection was expired.. Although the other ball joints/control arms bushings look a little wore, I did not feel any play. They said it needed both uppers and all lowers, as well as the control arms and tie rod ends. They wanted $425 for one ball joint!!!! Unbelievable!

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
I like EricTheCarGuy better, but I definitely like ChrisFix better than scotty, Scotty is more annoying in his videos than anything.
ETCG Never caught on with me. No bashing on him but i just never watched his videos too much. South Main Auto repair is pretty good too going through the diagnostic process, one of the reasons that I really like him. Chris fix is good because he explains what he is doing and gives tutorials for lots of beginners or anything in general.

But scotty, i cannot stand. I dont mean the pick on him because of his age but he uses it to level himself saying he is older so he obviously knows what he is talking about. He’s just so full of himself i think.

South main and chris fix are definitely my top two though.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Finished my last night shift this morning. Emptied my desk area of the shared cubicle and almost emptied out my locker. On leave until Sept. 4 and last day Sept. 5. Still may catch a few OT shifts until my retirement.

Not sad during the shift but melancholic. Went faster than expected. Starting a new chapter in my life.

Scotty I just want to rip out his vocal chords like an annoying yappy dog. He actually showed himself going under a car with just a jack and let hang a brake caliper by its hose. This is an experienced master mechanic?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Been pretty lazy all day. Video games, and TV time was the majority of the day. Got cleaned up, and hit up Napa for a couple cases of half priced motor oil, so I'm set for a while. Picked up a few things at the grocery store (and of course forgot things too, so back tomorrow)

About to head out and meet up with the fellas for some wings and UFC fights for the evening. Always a good time there :thumbsup:

smt 59

Finished my last night shift this morning. Emptied my desk area of the shared cubicle and almost emptied out my locker. On leave until Sept. 4 and last day Sept. 5. Still may catch a few OT shifts until my retirement.

Not sad during the shift but melancholic. Went faster than expected. Starting a new chapter in my life.

Scotty I just want to rip out his vocal chords like an annoying yappy dog. He actually showed himself going under a car with just a jack and let hang a brake caliper by its hose. This is an experienced master mechanic?
Congratulations on your retirement Moose, what a great time in your life, enjoy.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Thank you all for your good wishes! Definitely an exciting time. Well, actually exciting for my wife as the honey-do list just got longer all of a sudden.

Today, ran to the fastener house to get soome replacement nuts and bolts for the lower A-arm brackets on the Saab. Then a BBQ with ribs.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Drove into work today... front end don't feel right but I'll get to that soon enough.20180708_153003.jpg
Hey @Capote here is a full daylight pic of your wheels.... God they make my paint look ash black. lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Since we had a dry last few days, got up early for some yard work. Raked up a bunch of leaves, adjusted one of my gates (was no longer swinging open due to the boards scraping the grass) and got the yard mowed and trimmed. Decided to take the clippings and spread them like mulch under my fruit trees. Want to let that dry out and change from green matter, to brown for the compost pile, and hoping the added nitrogen will help the trees too since there are some yellowing leaves in spots.

After that, got cleaned up, filled the truck with gas for the next couple of weeks, back to the grocery store for the things I forgot yesterday, and hit up a new-to-the-neighborhood Mexican spot some coworkers told me about for some lunch. Grabbed a nap on the couch while laundry ran, and here we are. Can't believe Monday is so close already... :ugh:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Asked the wife this morning "so, what are we doing today?", she said "the pool fence". Ugh. The existing one was basically rotted away but there is metal rectangular tubing cemented with wood screwed onto them and covered with tin siding. The metal tubes looked like they were set in by a drunk. The cement is straight, these posts were not. So calculated the wood I needed with my son, went to Home Depot. $740 later, had the load of planks, decking, 2x4's, gate hardware and screws. Used a combination of planks and decking to encapsulate these tubes to make wood posts. Had to rip each of the 4' long pieces and screw them to each other. They hold on to those tubes just by friction and are tight.

It was getting late so we made the gate, screwed it in and was at least able to lock it. Better than nothing. The drunkenness of the original contractor was even more evident here. My gate was straight and plumb, those posts not so much. Hell, they're not even evenly spaced so each of my sections will be different.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube farm

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Dentist this arvo for a chipped tooth, then cutting the grass.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
(special shout out to @Mooseman - congrats to you! Retiring early enough to be able to ENJOY it is an awesome thing! Although new 'projects' are now started M-F *only*, my friend...otherwise, it's not really 'retirement'. LOL Gotta get the wife trained up!)

As for me...took the Sierra in yesterday to get a professional assessment of what needs to be done to it. Good news there - the 'right now!' stuff actually isn't bad. 4 new shocks and an upper ball joint on one side (there's more, but that's the 'most urgent' / prerequisite stuff - and I was pleasantly surprised.) Yay me :smile:

Spent last night researching shocks, and put a set in my Rock Auto cart (anyone got the current 5% off code handy?) I actually went *cheap* (well, cheaper, anyway), and felt good about it. It'll never ride like my Envoy, and I'll never be lifting it higher than stock, so choices became easier.

Then went out and put the Voy *back* in the garage, as I'm *still* losing coolant - worse (!) than before. Thankfully, I still have the pressure test kit, and the new t-stat / housing (that I thought I'd be able to return). Now officially 'ticked off' at this issue. :hissyfit:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@Reprise 8605686777408527 rockauto code for 5%. I've got some stuff in my r.a cart as I'm evaluating this damn vibration on my Voy. half shafts and wheel hubs seem to be the issue but I'll figure it all out later today.

On topic at work doing the do...

Reactions: Reprise

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
cube. later A/C on the beast

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Had our weekly team meeting this morning, got data warehouse training for 90 minutes a little later, followed by a weekly conference call with corporate to end the day. Glad to have a few things to keep me awake in here.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Having fun with SQL and Swiftpage ACT software...

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
C9B2FCE1-D280-400E-961B-9B283AA6162D.jpeg
Found a crack on my transfer case in the duramax.. that’ll be $500 into this truck this month so far including the PS pump, blend door actuator, and intercooler boot.

Really just ready to sell, also really dont want to because the body is so straight and rust free on it. Im kinda lost right now on what to do.

smt 59

Took the Voy into my friends shop to help identify where the front end clunk was coming from, it took a while but finally found the drivers side lower ball joint starting to go. Ordered two lower control arm assemblies with greasable joints in for replacement next week. This weeks project is the fan clutch replacement as it arrived today.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Eh, if we all threw in the towel when our vehicles did something stupid we'd always be driving something else. My Trailblazer went full stupid mode on me several years ago and cost me a bundle to get it fixed, but it was worth fixing, really.

I'd just fix it. Can you get that welded, maybe?

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Eh, if we all threw in the towel when our vehicles did something stupid we'd always be driving something else. My Trailblazer went full stupid mode on me several years ago and cost me a bundle to get it fixed, but it was worth fixing, really.

I'd just fix it. Can you get that welded, maybe?
It’s possible but only with a really good welder.. i just dont know how to drop the case and disassemble it. I dont know if its like a transmission or what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online