What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I know and I will...but SWMBO wants Connor to graduate in Ohio for reasons only known to her so it will be at least 7 years...plus I'll either have to buy a job or find one.
Start an online business and then start shopping for property down there. :wink:

Reactions: Blckshdw and Matt

Torker

Jan 2, 2017
Udall,Ks
Not a dang thing except reading my forums today. Had freezing rain this am. Had a thick coating on everything. My truck is outside/the trailblazer, Never did thaw out. I do sign and lighting service in a 72' bucket truck.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Spent some time in my favorite spot in the house, the attic, to prep for another camera install. Used a 10' length of PVC to reach an existing hole in the fascia where the previous owner had a camera placed, so I can feed my ethernet cable and reduce the distance I have to crawl through some tight spaces. Misplaced the cable I intended to use for this spot, will have some rummaging to do later this week.

Placed my order for the riding mower and bag kit. Quite thankful for the Paypal credit special financing. Was going to wait another month on that, but a few spots on my lawn have started growing (some of the weeds too :mad:) Should have that in the next week or so. :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back in the cube village

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Back at work thinking of retirement.

Reactions: smt 59

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Back in this hole...Ohio.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got 1 of my new cameras hooked up on the front of the house, and aimed to cover the other end of the main road going past my house. Did a quick test to make sure the dead spot between the cameras was minimal. Going to need to trim that tree down a bit, may also lower the front camera by a notch for less roof and more yard. :undecided: Fed one of the longer cables into the server closet, and across the vaulted ceiling, so that's out of the way for the weekend.

3 cameras up.png

Now, about to grab me a shower, fix something to eat, and chill for the evening.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for freedom on this Friday

Reactions: rizzo20

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Have to go grocery shopping.

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Trying not to go off on my environmental earth teacher.. then maybe record a podcast later :2thumbsup:.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I think this has to be one of the slowest weeks ever, and it was only 4 days long... :squint:

Couple more hours to go, I have nothing to work on, and I've done just about enough window shopping online that I can handle without actually spending money. I do have a stronger consideration to purchase surveillance systems grade hard drives, and have my system record 24/7 instead of motion activated. Also wanna get some software that records and plays back all channels at once, instead of all individually. Guess I can spend some time researching that... The things we do, to keep from clock watching... :book:

Shaw520

Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Leaving in 30 mins to look at a 02' Yukon with 91k miles,...has a sun faded hood, called my body guy and he said he'd paint it for $400,...I'll see if the rest of the truck checks out,...he's asking $5k,... I'd have to get him down to $4k before I pull the trigger.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Nothing quite as enjoyable as making beverages, or food... :frown:

Got up bright and early to climb in the attic before it got hot, and finish pulling the Ethernet cable through to the front of the garage for camera 4. I have a rule for cables, to order them 10 feet longer than I think I need, just in case... Well this time that wasn't enough. Due to some unforeseen obstacles, I had to take a longer route, which ended up with me be ONE FREAKING FOOT short!! :hissyfit: Luckily I had an Ethernet coupler in my junk drawer, and added one of the 3' test cables that come with the cameras. So now the driveway is covered.

Tweaked camera #3 slightly out more, and down a bit. Also trimmed the tree that was blocking some of the view.

Screenshot_20180224-121448.png

The riding mower should be delivered Wednesday or Thursday, so got a jump on making the ramp for the shed. Recycled a bunch of the screws and 2x4s from the deck and made a couple of tracks. Don't know how far apart the wheels are exactly, so I'll wait until that gets here for a quick measurement, then add a pair of cross braces. I'll add a few short legs at the top later, and shape the ends at the bottom so the transition is smoother. The plan is to stand it up next to the door, so movement will be minimal. Lift by a cross brace to slide it over, then flip it down. Easy peasy (in theory)

IMG_20180224_115757.jpg

Noticed my citrus trees are blooming, the bees and ants are having buffets all over the place. Hopefully that will result in some good oranges and limes for the summer :biggrin: Now it's time to get cleaned up, and run some errands. I am strongly considering a nap first. :yes:

ETA: Forgot to mention, noticed a small occasional drip on the inlet valve for the guest bathroom toilet. I was fortunate enough to notice a shutoff valve while up in the attic, so switched that off and took a closer look. Don't know what was used to seal the threads between the pipe and the valve, but it was hard and crumbly. Cleaned up the threads with a wire wheel on the drill, gave it 2 wraps with Teflon tape and no more leaking! :cool:

Last edited:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Reactions: rizzo20

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Im cold smoking some grub. Starting with a few cheeses and hard boiled eggs. Gotta go find something else to throw in there.
View attachment 83354View attachment 83355View attachment 83356

Go you good thing! I smoked some bacon before we went to Florida a couple of weeks ago. I usually smoke something every two weeks in my UDS. I'm looking to buy a 270 smoker at some stage but I have to get my wood fired rotisserie chicken cooker built first.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just finished fixing my sled trailer to take it nowhere :cry:

Now resting before night shift. :sleepy:

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Closed on the house. I am now houseless, but have lots of moolah (relatively speaking) banked.

Congratulations!! I'm back at Lowes this arvo. :badday:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Was sleeping after a night shift when I was woken up by my son who is having a fit trying to replace the fuel pump in his Silvy (he is in college out of town). Having trouble with plastic fuel line fitting rusted to the pump's metal line (similar to what happened to me) as well as the metal holding ring not wanting to turn.

Another night shift and then 5 glorious days off!

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
A little sore from yesterday's activities, so taking it easy today. Did run out to the grocery store real quick to get some drinks for a pot luck lunch tomorrow at work. Figured since I replaced the lift gate glass shocks, I can finally open that safely to load up the back. Wasn't ready for the strong kick after lifting the glass the first couple of inches, and almost got decapitated. :eek:

If my EXT could talk, it would have yelled out "Shoryuken!!" at the same time :rotfl:
latest

Back to chillin, and gearing up for another week of paying the bills. :compu-punch:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
First day back at work...wish I was still in Florida. :cry:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Back at work.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
At the learning facilities.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Another lovely Monday in the office. Broke up the monotony with a few home related calls. Scheduled an inspection for my roof damage for Friday after work. Everybody seems busy, that was the soonest I could get it out of a few places in the area.
Also called the freight company that's supposed to deliver my lawn mower. From the shipping email, estimated delivery date is Wednesday. I'll be working from home Thursday, so obviously that works better for me. Left them a message, and someone calls me back to say their warehouse hasn't received it (Orlando) yet, but they have a note to deliver it on 3/1... :confused: The Home Depot tracking said it arrived in Orlando Friday night... Going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it has to go from Home Depot to the freight carrier, which should be sometime today, or tomorrow? But the 3/1 date is perfect, so I can get it assembled and secured, without it sitting in my driveway unattended, or have to leave work for it.

Have a pot luck, desert/not so going away get together for one of our teammates in 20 minutes. She is transferring to another department, and her new seat is 20' away from where she sits now :rolleyes: Why we're doing this is beyond me, but there will be cake, and I get to be away from my desk. Our team is leaving work a little early today, and doing a team building exercise in the form of an escape room. I've done one before, for a friend's birthday. Turns out it was the most difficult out of the 4 setups that the place offered, which we failed, so hoping for some redemption in this one. :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I FINALLY GOT A JOB!!!
27 days unemployed, dozens of applications, countless painstaking interviews, all comes to an end!
giphy.gif

I start tomorrow as an IT Help Desk Technician for an aerospace defense contractor. We do something with fighter jets and missiles and stuff, I don't know, sounds cool to me. I just keep their computers, printers, and networks going.
They're providing me with a Secret clearance, CompTIA Security+CE, great pay, exceptional benefits, work/life balance, (and an IT department that isn't on a shoestring budget).
Literally something out of a dream.

Aaaaand, now I work for the rest of my life 'till retirement or death do us part. :thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Another day in paradise down here. Less than an 30 minutes to go, and then I get to sit through a webinar with our corporate and sister offices for an hour. :sleeping:

Been talking to a number of people about my camera setup. The woman from HR overheard me talking to someone about the recent events in my neighborhood, and management has been talking about putting some cameras up around the entrances here following the Parkland incident. I happened to have my phone out with the camera feeds up, so I gave her a look. She liked the image quality, and inquired about the manufacturer so I shared that.

All the chatting about putting systems together and the different technologies behind them, has my mod bug twitching in it's hibernative state. (Is that even a word? :confused:) Between my tails being stock with filament bulbs :sadcry:, and @dna59 doing retrofits all over the place, I feel like my EXT is getting neglected in the lighting department. I think after I get these summer tools paid off, I may need to splurge on some mods. Proper work/life balance ya know! :yes:

I FINALLY GOT A JOB!!!
<snip>
Aaaaand, now I work for the rest of my life 'till retirement or death do us part. :thumbsup:

Congrats man, that's awesome news. Now just keep your mod bug in the dark until you can stack a few of those paychecks first! :wink:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Feeding the lighting mod bug myself with debating new interior and plate bulbs for the TB and researching an overall led swap on the TA. Lots of research but work can pay me to do it.

Reactions: Blckshdw

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
Congrats man, that's awesome news. Now just keep your mod bug in the dark until you can stack a few of those paychecks first! :wink:
Thanks, but I gotta get some maintenance done before I can even think of mods again! I've got power steering lines and a valve cover gasket that are on borrowed time. :ugh:

But I do have some mods in mind once that's all said and done...

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I FINALLY GOT A JOB!!!
27 days unemployed, dozens of applications, countless painstaking interviews, all comes to an end!
giphy.gif

I start tomorrow as an IT Help Desk Technician for an aerospace defense contractor. We do something with fighter jets and missiles and stuff, I don't know, sounds cool to me. I just keep their computers, printers, and networks going.
They're providing me with a Secret clearance, CompTIA Security+CE, great pay, exceptional benefits, work/life balance, (and an IT department that isn't on a shoestring budget).
Literally something out of a dream.

Congrats! It is nice working with a real budget and not nickle and diming things.

Reactions: Locksmith

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work work work then dinner with family and then bowling league at the church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online