What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Just let the dogs outside so they do not leave presents by the door. Its so cold outside that i nearly had to punt the chihuahua out the door. She is cute with the coat and socks on. The jack russel is always happy to go outside and run laps around the yard. Though it is funny to watch her try an run laps inside the house. She loses traction in the kitchen and slides into stuff.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back to work after a week off for the new baby....Sucks.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ran by Lowes for some shower hardware, stopped by the cable office to swap out a defective box, now back home waiting to hear word back on a job prospect at a friend's company.
wish.gif

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Enjoyed the paid day off yesterday, now back to work. Weather channel said we are going to get hit Friday/Saturday with a good snow storm, calling for some nonsense of 30+" of snow between the two days :no: I have to load the 1/2 ton of sand bags in the back of the F150 tonight and pick up some salt tomorrow morning. Probably should hit up the grocery too.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Lower back was feeling tired this morning from loading (20) 50lb sand bags into the F150. Not to mention is was 10* out :no:

Haircut and picked up some dog meds for the big guy. Stocked up on a few bags of salt. I am surprised that Lowes was not sold out yet. Back at work for the rest of the evening.

This large snow storm forecast changes every six hours. We are either going to get 6" of snow or 36" of snow. Hopefully only a couple flurries.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Having lunch with a couple out of town friends @ World of Beer, after letting that digest, basketball to work off the calories.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Another day at work. We are already getting tons of people calling of work Friday for this big storm. I might have to make Friday a half day and head home early to beat the storm. I definitely do not want to have to cross the mountain in the middle of a blizzard.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Not much of anything going on today except watching the snow come down. Took the dog out to play in the snow, but the snow was up to his neck and he was not much interested in hanging out outside. Looked out my window and the cars in the visitor parking are almost completely covered.

With 12 more hours of snow fall in the forecast, I doubt I will be going to work on Monday.

IMG_20160123_130614.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I was watching a Resident Evil movie marathon then my optimum service went out. Fml. No wifi either. Now I'm using up my phones data plan. I'm sure glad I opted for unlimited data. Ftw.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Went and saw the new Star Wars movie with my brother and his wife. Over all I liked it and it had a good Star Wars feel to it, although one part (I won't put in spoilers) kinda bugs me.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Back to work for me this morning. Cleared up some snow from the front of the building. Tossed out some salt and it back to businesses as usual.

Attachments

• 20160124_091035.jpg
    20160124_091035.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Denali n DOO

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Gonna go visit @jimmyjam in a bit, put my non stock 87 tune back in, since it's confirmed not to be my issue. Watch some football, probably eat something unhealthy, and yell at the TV for a few hours. That will also give me a chance to do a road test with the new retro, and see how the output looks on the road. :biggrin:

although one part ... kinda bugs me.

I've heard people say that about a number of spots in the movie. I can think of a few that made me raise an eyebrow as well.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Spent most of the day trying to dig the TB and F150 out. Plow trucks have not even attempted to come towards my neighborhood. I cannot even get out of my driveway, let alone cross a mountain to make it into work on Monday. Going to have to burn a couple vacation days early.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
No work for me today as the HOA has not sent anyone through the neighborhood to start digging us out. Main roads are not much better.

I heard on the news there is talks about a Jonas part 2 hitting at the end of this week :no: :whiteflag:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
My HOA finally sent a backhoe to the neighborhood around 3pm on Monday. Of course they only made one pass down the center of the road, so we still had a lot more shoveling to do in order to get out.

Finally back at work today. It was a nice 3 day weekend minus the hours of shoveling. Every winter I spend up North makes Florida look better and better :yes:

Reactions: Blckshdw

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Same as him. ^^

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Not quite the same as the previous 2, but my friend did come through for me and land me a gig at his company. Bit of a pay cut from what I was making before, but it's more than collecting unemployment, until I can find something I like in my field. Plus that place is next door to where I used to work, so a nice short drive, against the grain of rush hour traffic, and I can still play basketball after work (weather permitting) I start Monday. :cool:

Won't be able to have any mod money though, otherwise that will dip into savings :frown:

Outside of that, more mod tinkering. Planning to redo my mirror turn signals, so gathering components for that. Guess I need to get that done by this weekend eh? :biggrin:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Applying for jobs as usual, mostly manufacturing, warehouse, cable/internet installer, or any interesting on-the-job training deals

Reactions: Denali n DOO

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube... but bowling league tonight and I could use a few brews after this week.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube life

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Call and screw with em

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
As little as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics