What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Working the football and track tables at open house today for the high school. I've had some big kids come through so far, which is great since we need linemen

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Lazy day today, Bucs and Bears both won, Packers lost, so that makes me a happy camper. Finished off leftover pizza from last night, and clearing the DVR.

I am still in shock. Rousey did not look ready at all :no:

Yeah, we were commenting beforehand, how her acting out during the weigh in seemed weird, and completely unnecessary. When she gassed herself out minutes into the first round, we knew she was gonna be in trouble. I feel bad for our friend's wife, she was fast asleep at that point. Operative word, being "WAS" :crackup:

Reactions: dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube life

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Monday morning cube life! Discovered the joys of WatchESPN. Great change of pace to listening to music like I usually do.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Back at work. Monday feels like Tuesday since I worked Sunday, but it is a short week for me. Taking off this Friday and Monday and heading to Florida with the wife to meet up with all of the in-laws for Thanksgiving.

Reactions: Blckshdw and smt 59

smt 59

Took the Voy into the dealership again to have the On-Star upgrade redone as they could not read or connect with the truck, after some reconfiguring it is still the same, On-Star is working on the problem that is common to Envoys???
Went to work and now relaxing oh ya, I met my daughter at the VW dealership for some rust issues on the hood of the Jetta, complete replacement no questions asked, good customer service.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Played some hoops after work, weather was perfect for some exercise and fun.

Got home, and won an Ebay auction for a headlight switch for $10.50 shipped. Seller was dumping it because one of the light bulbs was out. Seriously? Gimme that!!
deal.gif

Ran some laundry, wolfed down the rest of my leftovers from the weekend, took some chicken out to marinade for tomorrow, and now waiting to see how bad the Bengals are gonna stomp the Texans.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Doing the cube thing, then get to process 4 deer tonight with a couple buddies. Be some good eating soon!

Reactions: AManders6

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Tuesday cube life. Got excited cuz I was given some billable work at the end of my shift yesterday, dove into it this morning, and finished it in 90 minutes. :mad: It sounded WAY more complicated than it actually was.

Caught me a spammer, and swung my LED ban hammer.
bash_zps53cf7ae0.gif
Man that felt good.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Busy past two days between work and the home remodel. Back to work today, regular 8 he shift then it will be to the home job site to get. Ore things ready for the dumpster being delivered tomorrow

Dec 4, 2011
Hunkering down, winter arrived overnight and roads are a skating rink. Think i will stay home to day to stay out of the bumper car scenario.
Those from the Denver area will know what i am talking about and Oh by the way THANKS, you could be not quite so generous and have kept it to yourselves. LOL

Congratulations on the retirement, now the real work begins!
thanks Matt are you speaking from experience or speculation?
by the way what is " cube life"

Last edited by a moderator:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube life... working in an office cubical. It is what i am doing yet again.

Watch Office Space for reference!

Reactions: AManders6 and Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
thanks Matt are you speaking from experience or speculation?
by the way what is " cube life"

Unfortunately I'm not experienced, but my FIL said he never new retirement was such hard work...mind you he spends a fair amount of time on the couch, sleeping!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I am back in the cube for now. I am leaving early to go do stuff with my Cub Scouts.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hump day in the cube farm, and trying to keep myself occupied. Have been productive, which is good, but mostly goofing off. May have a line on some SS suspension parts, although I'm mainly after the rear goodies. May try and sell the front stuff. :undecided:

Supposed to play ball today, but the forecast has scattered showers in the afternoon. :frown: My buddy is talking about trying to play every day :eek: I said I'll consider it, but after the holiday. Last thing I need is to get injured right before my trip next week :no:

Hoping the HOA has finished painting the house exterior today. They taped and masked off all the windows Friday (that was weird all weekend) Primed it Monday, and painted yesterday. Front door and garage door were painted shut both times. They also didn't put any masking tape over the peep hole :duh: So I had to put a nice shoulder hit on the door to get in each time. Garage door opener stalled, and needed a few tries to break free. Nice

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
20 minutes left of cube and then home to relax with the family. Have barely been home since last Thursday.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Playing hooky with my main job (doctor's appointment) and working at Lowes tonight.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube village for next several hours

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Getting my ears lowered this arvo, if I don't have to help a relative bleed his brakes.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Friday cube life. Haven't been here long, but have butted heads with one of the older guys. Got a warning it might be coming yesterday. The ever popular argument of using technology vs a pen and paper. :argue:

Decided I didn't wanna be bothered, I built what I was asked to, of the 2 people involved can't agree on whether or not to use it, that's their problem. I just work here. :compu-punch:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work, then bowling, then deer camp to slay more deer tomorrow. I want the deep freezer full!

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Going to add some wall cabinets in the garage. Based on my limited space I need to maximize the depth. I looked at the Kobalt and the Gladiator and the Kobalt was a real nice cabinet but I couldn't stack them as I need some height of the floor. The Gladiator was more $$$ for less space, they are only 12" deep and the Kobalt was 14"...for 12" I would find some old kitchen cabinets on CL and save a ton.

I wanted a plastic or composite but I went against my judgement and caved for some particle board. Since they will be storage only it won't be a huge deal. Ikea actually had exactly what I needed in the 'Sektion" lineup, and they are about 15" deep. This will give me 6 cabinets, 8' wide and 50" tall. I can add support underneath and give them more rigidity.20151120_172439.jpeg

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Had a nice and easy short shift at the shop. Stopped by the house to get mail and pick of my drill paraphernalia then went to my buddy's new place and built him two work easy work tables for his garage. Gun shopping online right now trying to figure out my next addition

Edit: also sipping on some wild turkey while I peruse

Reactions: Blckshdw

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
A cold and rainy day, wish I was hunting. Taking the pups to the vet for their yearly stuff. Might try to go hunt later on if I have the chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online