What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Working the second half of a double shift at a bank then hopefully going to see a motley crue cover band after that tonight. Tomorrow brings the mad rush of getting the van cleaned up and ready for the club car show tomorrow... I was planning on doing that today but this last minute shift killed that idea..

Reactions: TexazReece

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Smoking two pork butts for the street party tonight.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Nothing makes a party like some nice butts showing up! :biggrin:

It's STILL raining around here, which is weird. Usually an hour or so of rain, then it stops until the next day, but it's been steady today and yesterday. Typically see that with a tropical system passing through... Anyway, so I'll be a lazy bum for the most part. Need to clean up the crib, my living room is a hot mess from all the modding late into the night last night. Need to find something to eat, since I skipped dinner, and there will be several naps on the couch (one thing all this rain IS good for)

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Working at work. Gutted our old phone system and ripped out gobs of old, unused, or downright sloppy 88 block wiring. I hate 88 blocks and the massive amounts of twisted pair wires that are all the same color running all around the place like spaghetti. Tying the lines into patch panels instead. So much neater.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Changing the fluids on this pressure washer I just picked up. never been a huge fan of the big yellow "K" but this is pretty much all 2nd party hardware with their name on it. Was able to get it for $400 but he wouldn't haggle past that mainly because of the hose reel with 50' of hose but it's a beast and a sweet price, couldn't pass it up.

Karcher HD3500 with a 13HP GX390 Honda

20150725_152650.jpeg

I hate spending hours to power wash blocks and boards. I was taking at least 2, sometimes 3 passes on a 2x4 with my other unit and this will hit it in one pass. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Robbabob

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Cookin up some bacon to throw on some burgers. Went to watch one of the kids play that trains at my baseball academy, and got my head and forehead super sunburnt. Don't like using sunscreen and today paid for it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437862244.620866.jpg

Reactions: dmanns67

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
dmanns67 said:
Spent most of the day helping a friend move. Its amazing how "friends" get "busy" when its time to move.

After moving every two years since 2005, you find out who your real friends are :yes:

Relaxing watching some TV now.
Sort of the same situation I'm in. Friends invited me camping only because I have a 10 person tent and now that I'm not going they're pissed

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Will be going grocery shopping in a little while. After walking to Autozone for a 50/10/2 amp battery charger, I was able to get the EXT jump started on the 50 amp setting, and let it run solo for a few minutes. Reconnected the charger on the 2 amp setting, and it said it's got a full charge.

Now, I'm rehydrating, trying to cool off and stop sweating. My first suspect was the rear wiper motor, but the arm was seated in the ramp, and functioning normally. Of the items I removed and put back in the truck Friday night, none of them really do anything that would make me think they'd drain a battery in 36 hours. So I'm gonna wait a few hours, then reconnect the charger and see what it says about the level.

The battery is still under warranty, only 2 years old, but the Walmart near me doesn't have an auto center. :mad:

Reactions: SnowBlazer

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
A little sore from moving yesterday, but a productive day. Finished laundry, did some yard work, and put together three bookshelves the wife bought.

Since the wife took the TB to Ocean City this weekend, it gave me a chance to install her headlights to check for rotational alignment, which was close. Now waiting for the butyl/RTV to cure.

IMG_20150726_172314.jpg

The wife just got home and said some guy was asking her a lot of questions about the TB. She told him to go check out gmtnation.com :2thumbsup: I am impressed :yes:

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
dmanns67 said:
A little sore from moving yesterday, but a productive day. Finished laundry, did some yard work, and put together three bookshelves the wife bought.

Since the wife took the TB to Ocean City this weekend, it gave me a chance to install her headlights to check for rotational alignment, which was close. Now waiting for the butyl/RTV to cure.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20150726_172314.jpg

The wife just got home and said some guy was asking her a lot of questions about the TB. She told him to go check out gmtnation.com :2thumbsup: I am impressed :yes:
That's very impressive. :yes: those lights have a nice OEM look too. Good work.

I worked earlier then came home and made tacos for dinner. Hung a new curtain the wife bought and now just chillaxin at home with the fam.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Robbabob said:
After days/weeks of studying, I passed the drug test.... I start the new job today! It's been a long time since I've worked in an actual office. six weeks off was fun, but it's time to get paid again!
Congrats!

As for me, just got to the hospital with mom and brother. Mom is having a knee replacement so it's gonna be a long day and a long week at that.

Reactions: Robbabob

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Blckshdw said:
The battery is still under warranty, only 2 years old, but the Walmart near me doesn't have an auto center. :mad:
So? If it's a Walmart battery, take it with the receipt, get another battery and peddle your arse to customer service. Get it warranty exchanged by telling them that one is farked.

Do that just before the warranty expires on every Walmart battery...just make sure that the one you go to DOESN'T have an auto centre, so they can't check it. I used to work at Walmart and that's what I'm going to do.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Matt said:
So? If it's a Walmart battery, take it with the receipt, get another battery and peddle your arse to customer service. Get it warranty exchanged by telling them that one is farked.

Do that just before the warranty expires on every Walmart battery...just make sure that the one you go to DOESN'T have an auto centre, so they can't check it. I used to work at Walmart and that's what I'm going to do.
Was just talking to my coworker, and she said the same thing... Will probably do that after work one day this week. Should still do some testing for a parasitic drain, otherwise I could be dealing with this all over again. :ugh:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Was just talking to my coworker, and she said the same thing... Will probably do that after work one day this week. Should still do some testing for a parasitic drain, otherwise I could be dealing with this all over again. :ugh:
Absolutely check, but do the battery change as a matter of course.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Recovering from the weekend.... Advil, Rub A535 and water are probably gonna be my best friends for the next few days lol

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
First day of the two week summer shutdown at the plant. All of the production employees get two weeks off, but maintenance will be here. Its nice not having to worry about production running, but still have a lot of projects to manage that are going on at once. Gets a little stressful towards the middle of the second week trying to wrap everything up before production comes back and make sure all of the machines, robots, and stations will function.

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Worked earlier today. Had a bunch of baseball lessons tonight. Now I'm just relaxing and whoring.

Reactions: Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
recovering in the cube from a long 4 day weekend of real work

Reactions: djthumper

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Extending my weekend chores into the work week, 2 days is never enough.

Attachments

• 20150728_114747.jpeg
    20150728_114747.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 19

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Off work today but also went shopping for the wife's birthday on Thursday. My dad coaches a summer travel baseball team and he has his 2nd tryout for his team tonight so I'll be heading to that later to help.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Going out to my buddies place after dropping off the old lady at work and moving the Astro to a better spot in his yard then sorting out how the hell to get the blazer over there as well without properly working brakes..

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Finished my second day at the new job. Corporate still doesn't have me totally approved with the security waver, so I've just been studying up on what my job duties entail and studying the basics of welding. Instead of working on painting systems, I'll be designing automated welding cells.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get to join the Intranet.

badazzbulldog

Jun 14, 2015
Darkrider_LS said:
Going out to my buddies place after dropping off the old lady at work and moving the Astro to a better spot in his yard then sorting out how the hell to get the blazer over there as well without properly working brakes..
brakes are overrated,just hit the road and hope for the best

Reactions: Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Workin

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Dismantled my PS3 again this morning. Got the flashing red light again last night. Was hoping to get more than 4 days out of it. :ugh: Got a recommended fan controller mod coming in the mail, hopefully it shows up today, probably tomorrow. Will be hitting up Radio Shack after work, to pick up a tube of thermal paste, so I can reapply after cooking the board/processors again this evening.

In the meantime, staring at HTML and PHP code, and wondering why the web app I'm trying to build won't magically work the way it does in my head. :hopeless:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube but watching netflix cause there is not enough info on the new assignment to even know where to begin...

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
badazzbulldog said:
brakes are overrated,just hit the road and hope for the best
It became a moot point as i ended up liquidating the Blazer...which timing wise is probably a good thing....As for what im doing today...relaxing for most of the day then probably going job hunting tomorrow after doing an online search for want ads today.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
As little as I can get away with...

Reactions: Blckshdw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online