What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for now and figuring out tonight's plan of action

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Cleaning up the basement flooding again....for the second time in 3 months. Time to invest in a battery backup sump pump for the next power outage.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Gonna go help a buddy after work with his new jeep bumpers. Might have to drink a beer or eight as well

Reactions: djthumper

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Possibly going to look at a Chevy Astro while I wait for god only knows how long to hear back from td

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Darkrider_LS said:
Possibly going to look at a Chevy Astro while I wait for god only knows how long to hear back from td
Seriously dude it seems every time I hop on the forum you're looking at buying yet another vehicle of some sort :rotfl:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Sparky said:
Seriously dude it seems every time I hop on the forum you're looking at buying yet another vehicle of some sort :rotfl:
Yea well the past few have been a result of getting screwed over by the finance company i got the Camry through...so its been a round of looking at various vehicles on the lot to see what they will let me have...but eh..

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Sparky said:
Have you not noticed his title?

Reactions: dmanns67

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
djthumper said:
Have you not noticed his title?
huh...wait...BAD LARRY! :raspberry:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Calling the insurance company this morning for the basement again...too much water for me to try and save the carpet. 2nd time in 18 months.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Of all the things I'm doing today, apparently sleep wasn't meant to be one of them. Woke up at 2:30 this morning, never fell back to sleep. It's gonna be a long day today...

On my lunch break, gonna roll down to the local TigerDirect store and check out some TVs. Will be calling the city utilities division later this morning, as I still don't have water service at the new place. That's kinda important ya know... :rolleyes:

Also fighting with both property management companies. Old one is dragging their feet since their system charged me rent for June, when my lease will be over, back on the 17th, and they still haven't taken the charge off my account. New one is also dragging their feet on stuff that wasn't right with the place when I moved in. Most of the stuff I told them I could fix myself, if they'd be willing to subtract the costs (with receipts of course) from my rent. No answer one way or another. Need to stop renting and buy something already, this is irritating. :mad:

Reactions: Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Cleaning around the house then gonna do some straightening up outside. Supposed to be going to Kentucky today but I think with the amount of procrastination we've done and lack of sleep I've had that we'll probably go tomorrow.

Gotta clean the TB out too sometime. No garbage in it really, just a bunch of random stuff that never got carried in lol.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Darkrider_LS said:
Yea well the past few have been a result of getting screwed over by the finance company i got the Camry through...so its been a round of looking at various vehicles on the lot to see what they will let me have...but eh..
Ouch. So do you not have the Camry anymore?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Almost forgot, I need to change my address on all my accounts and setup mail forwarding. I always forget how tedious this is, until I have to do it again. :ugh:

smitty5150 said:
Btw, Stealership customer service sucks.
Fixed that for you

Reactions: Sib and Robbabob

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
To be fair the dealership that I got my Silverado from has been top notch actually. A rarity to be sure, but there is that 0.1% that are decent.

Today I'm back at my main job. Took yesterday off to do the other job instead. Traded an 8 hour day for a 13 hour day :crazy:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Blckshdw said:
It's gonna be a long day today...
Well... I knew it...

Went to hit up the TigerDirect store during lunch, only to find out the location has been closed. :duh: Wasted hour driving around there. Got back to work, and decided to order the TV anyway. 5 minutes later, someone from customer service calls me to verify the order. Figure that's a good thing right, anti fraud policies and such... Turns out the reason for the verification was because I just changed the address on my PayPal account, and it hasn't been verified yet. So TD won't ship to it... :ugh: She said it can take 24-48 hours to complete. Estimated shipping already had delivery at Wednesday, and I wanted to have it come next week while I'm home on vacation. Clock is ticking there.

Decided to try to change my Uhaul reservation as well. Switch from a 17' truck @9 am to a 14' @ 9 am, so I can make sure I can actually get the truck into my narrow driveway without taking out a mailbox, or hitting anything. Made the changes, website says I'm good to go. Email confirmation comes through, and says 17' truck @ noon. :no: Text message comes through saying the same. :mad: Get a voicemail from the Uhaul office telling me to call them back if I want something different, that tells me they know their system is jacked. Tried to call back, but was on hold all day. I don't have the energy for this... :hopeless:

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Helping the wife (Dottie) get her paintings ready for her personal show in July.

I'll post pictures of them after July 4th weekend.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
riding mower broke down the end of last year
uploadfromtaptalk1432862444871.jpg
I am never push mowing this again... riding mower getting fixed asap

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Sparky said:
Ouch. So do you not have the Camry anymore?
Correct, it has been back at the dealer since the 1st.....:no:

As for what I'm doing....enjoying some KFC then going home and installing a new temporary ground cable on the rat rod.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Waiting for the RestorX guys to come and rip out the carpet and start drying my basment.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Shortened work day today, due to water service issue at the crib. Had the city come out and try to restart my service, since they detected a leak last week when they tried it. Turns out the toilet fill valve in the master is broken, and doesn't shut off. Didn't spend too much time troubleshooting it, just a quick glance. Will see if I can snap the top piece back on after work, if not, a trip to the hardware store will be in order. :yes:

Oh yeah, sitting at work for the rest of the day, pretending to do important stuff :tongue:

Reactions: djthumper

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
SnowBlazer said:
Looking at Mazda Miata's. I want a daily driver to give my TB a break for the summer.
Did you lose your man card somewhere?

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Slinging pizza then going home and looking over the rat to see what other surprises it may have in store lol...the idea of just staying with 6 volt for now was tossed around last night and I'm giving it some serious thought. Keep it 6 volt for the summer while I gather the parts to convert it to 12 volt properly.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
HARDTRAILZ said:
Did you lose your man card somewhere?
Seems that way.
SnowBlazer said:
Looking at Mazda Miata's. I want a daily driver to give my TB a break for the summer.
Drive the TB. They're made to be a DD.

As for me, so far, drove the TB 400 miles to visit family in KY. Up next is a cousins' step sisters' birthday.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Another busy weekend. Finished up at the old place and all of our stuff is at the new place. Now I can focus on getting the garage in order.

Had to drive down to VA to pick up my new 65" TV [emoji3]

More OT on Sunday.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
First BBQ of the season for me :yes:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Assisted someone with grounding his new electrical panel.
Assembled my new grill my brother got me for my bday earlier this month.
Got a haircut.
Gave my dad my spare mower that was just taking up space in my garage.
Watched a bunch of Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online