What are you doing today? [Part II]

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Just the work thing and put under some stress again that really doesn't need to be there. Bleh.

• Sad
Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not a whole lot. Will work a bit on the sled, replacing idler wheels and bearings as needed while waiting for my shocks.

Starting on the keto diet thing. I'm not much of a fruit and vegetable guy so that'll be easy but I love my breads, pasta and potatoes. Even my wife is interested. I already cut out most of my sugar intake but I'd have to also cut out alcohol :sadcry:. I watched a video regarding the low fat BS that governments have been pushing with their food guides and the whole thing about carbs making things worse makes sense. I did the Atkins low carb diet years ago and it did work so I know it's not BS. Just wish I could use the smoker and BBQ.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Checked my truck today, no change on the def issues.

Called the dealer, the def pump is around 2500$ before install. They delete as well but thats 2400 before tax, which is quite high. They will honour as much warranty as they can until such a point the repairs require too scrupulous investigation by Chrysler.

My mechanic buddy quoted me about 1600. Looks like this is our option thus far.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Getting back online for something other than work. Been sticking off the media stuffs for a bit and concentrating on kids. Needed a refresh.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What's stopping you? Don't say it's the cold.

Our cold is not like your cold. Today is the first day we've been anywhere close to 0c, which is warm for us at this time of the year. We were averaging -15c for the past two weeks. And we got snow to contend with too, which we usually get when it's milder like this. The smoker would be fighting against the cold and wind so it would burn through pellets like crazy. The BBQ grill I could maybe do steaks on after shoveling the snow off of it :biggrin:

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Our cold is not like your cold. Today is the first day we've been anywhere close to 0c, which is warm for us at this time of the year. We were averaging -15c for the past two weeks. And we got snow to contend with too, which we usually get when it's milder like this. The smoker would be fighting against the cold and wind so it would burn through pellets like crazy. The BBQ grill I could maybe do steaks on after shoveling the snow off of it :biggrin:
I think you may need to build a cook shack...

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Garage with an exhaust fan :wink:

Got lil more work then bowling league tonight

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Going for a CT scan this afternoon and then picking up my rebuilt shocks.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Was able to get the 1st vaccine today at the Veteran's Hosp. (all that marching finally paid off). Feel like a dick though because my wife couldn't get hers, even having worked there as an RN for 33 years...so... :smile:/:worried:

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Tried to roll out of the yard this morning. -26 and I find a flat on my Tb. I air it up quick, roll into work and find its a rock puncture. Thankfully the tire shop gets that taken care of. They are going to change the o2 sensor tomorrow as I just don't have time to mess with it and our temperature is really dropping this week. But on a good note, found these the other day by our driveway. 20210131_155744.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Got some unexpected good news at work toward the end of the day yesterday 👍

I want to use my new table saw to make some stuff but heck it is cold outside in the garage. 10 degrees!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Thrashed in the garage yesterday putting my sled's suspension back together. When I got to the last wheels, one was just noisy as heck. Tried repacking the bearing, no bueno. And, of course, these are different than all the other bearings in this sled and I don't have spares :mad: . Tried Yamaha dealer, no stock. Very common on Ski-Doo so will be picking up a pair at that dealer. Asked if they're doing curbside pickup and was surprised to find out they're considered an essential service and can walk in. (I gotta sled dammit!)

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Trying to get used to the inversion table. Anything with a perfectly flat surface (like this has) bothers my back, but the lumbar pad they provided is pretty uncomfortable too, maybe cuz it's brand new and hasn't been broken in? I've used it a few times at the lower angles, for short stretches like 5-10 minutes, and thought it was helping some. I hadn't felt the urge to crack my back since yesterday until just now as I'm typing this. Tried one of the steeper angles for kicks and giggles, pretty disorienting, and the pressure buildup in my head was unpleasant. Could only stand that for a few minutes. Definitely need to work my way up to those.

Spent some time in the garage this morning. Got the tank sprayer assembled and tested. Did have a few leaks, most were fixed by tightening the fittings and reducing the operating pressure. One of the 2 nozzles drips after the valve to the boom is shut off. Troubleshooting step in the instructions say to install ball check strainers, but there weren't any in the bag or on the parts list? :confused: It may not be a big deal, because the dripping does stop after a minute or 2, but strange that it's only one side. I may take the ends apart and swap the nozzles, to confirm if it's the boom, or the nozzle with the problem.

Finally got around to cutting up some of the scrap roof decking from the gazebo, to use as platforms up in the attic. Have put off my TV re-wiring project for a pretty long time, and that needs to get done before the weather heats up, and it's unbearable up there. Had an idea of how to get into the vaulted ceiling part of the attic and crawl to the desired location for the access hole, but after I got the pieces up there, it's gonna be too tight to maneuver in there. Getting stuck in a hot ass attic, without any help to get out... :uhno: So I'll change that plan a bit and have someone help from the living room somehow.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Well the rebuild on my computer turned out not so good after a couple stress tests, and gaming sessions. Either one of my sticks of ram, or ram slots, is bad, and was causing my sound not to work, and to be extremely unstable. Im leaning to the Ram slot, cause when I took out one of them out, the sound started working again..

Tires of F*&^(ng with this thing.. Bought a new case, motherboard, ram, NVME, water cooling kit, and everything else. Got 400 bucks off, so it only cost me 700, plus water kit, around 200 more.

Now I have to wait until it all comes in.. :stars:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My old 2600k is still kicking. Something went weird and it no longer is overclocked (was at 4.5GHz for the past decade or w/e) but it gets used for bookkeeping and internet work on occasion now. I haven't run a single game in probably pushing near 2 years? I just don't have the time, rather spend my free time doing projects around the house or hang with the family. That said, the nerd in me still wants to build a Threadripper box for the heck of it lol. Not gonna spend that much!

Yesterday I got in the attic and verified it is all relatively easy access to redo the master bath vent fan, install a radiant heater, amd ceiling lights/fans in the bedrooms (why they build houses without a light in the bedrooms is beyond me).

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Trying to get used to the inversion table. Anything with a perfectly flat surface (like this has) bothers my back, but the lumbar pad they provided is pretty uncomfortable too, maybe cuz it's brand new and hasn't been broken in? I've used it a few times at the lower angles, for short stretches like 5-10 minutes, and thought it was helping some. I hadn't felt the urge to crack my back since yesterday until just now as I'm typing this. Tried one of the steeper angles for kicks and giggles, pretty disorienting, and the pressure buildup in my head was unpleasant. Could only stand that for a few minutes. Definitely need to work my way up to those.
Just a suggestion. When I got mine, my chiropractor said no more than 45° and no longer than 2 minutes. It works for me. I do treadmill work first thing in the morning for 40-45 minutes then hit the inversion table, 5 days a week.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Light snow falling, which will make for an awesome ride with my son today!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Just a suggestion. When I got mine, my chiropractor said no more than 45° and no longer than 2 minutes. It works for me. I do treadmill work first thing in the morning for 40-45 minutes then hit the inversion table, 5 days a week.

Good to know, thanks for that. I tried it this morning at 45, little uncomfortable, don't think I would want to go further than that. Should be good for when I get off the stationary bike. :thumbsup:

No one's really wanting to get together for the big game tonight, so I'll be chillin on the couch solo. Decided to make brown sugar bourbon wings, and nacho cheese fries. Thinking I might wanna make those early, cuz I'm sure there's gonna be a quick onset food coma soon to follow eating all that. :rotfl:

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Watching my 4 older kiddos plus 3 extra my mother-in-law fosters. 7 kids between ages of 3 and 9 is a bunch of noise when no one can go outside cause its flippin cold.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
My old 2600k is still kicking. Something went weird and it no longer is overclocked (was at 4.5GHz for the past decade...
These 2600k chips have some real overclocking potential. Thats the chip I have in my now dieing system. It autoclocked up to 4.8ghz, occasionally going up to 5.1ghz. There are guys on the overclocking forums that have them up to 8.5ghz!!

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Had an interview the other day. Thursday, Friday, Saturday did a round trip run to Florida down around tarpon springs. Did a detour back home to sailsbury to visit my sister and rolled in around 3:30 am. Something like 2600 miles total. Truck averaged 23 mpg around 80 so that's nice. The one tank I ran at 72 was kissing 25 at fill up. The new to us 2010 escalade was kissing 17 lol. Guess that's why the tank is 27 gallons. Anyone want a 10 lol.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
We finally got a little snow. 6 inches. So I cleaned the driveway and got a fire going in the fireplace while I telework from the cozy now.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Spent the evening pre-building the new motherboard. Got the NVME mounted, waterblock/pump combo mounted. Traced out the board locations for fan connections, pump connections, RGB/ARGB connections. Realized I needed 2 more adapters, got those ordered. Think I still need 2 more water connections. Going to get those ordered today.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Sounds like I got the job

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Sitting here looking out the window at the lovely snow we are getting... But according to the weatherman, its only fog.. 2 inchs of fog.. How does that work?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ah weathermen. Couldn't predict snow during a blizzard. What other job you can be wrong and keep your job? :laugh:

Beautiful sunny day out and a nice -7c would have been a good ride but, as usual, my back decided otherwise. Just a weird twist of my back while cooking dinner last night and... bam! :frown: If it's not better by tomorrow, I'm going out anyway.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Ah weathermen. Couldn't predict snow during a blizzard. What other job you can be wrong and keep your job? :laugh:

Beautiful sunny day out and a nice -7c would have been a good ride but, as usual, my back decided otherwise. Just a weird twist of my back while cooking dinner last night and... bam! :frown: If it's not better by tomorrow, I'm going out anyway.
Doctors and politicians to name a few. :tongue:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Damn near jumped out of my seat this afternoon. If I was a younger man, I might have actually done it :raspberry:

Was working away, when I hear something crash and shatter on the floor behind me. Extra shocking because there wasn't anything left/stored in the corner there, because that's where the front door was. I whip around in my chair to see this...

20210210_172416.jpg

The previous owner installed speakers in the 4 corners of the living room ceiling, and one in the center. He called it "surround sound", which would apply maybe if you were having a party and playing music for your guests, at best. The plastic surround for the grille cracked enough for it to fall off, and shatter. :hopeless:

20210210_172424.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I just gave myself the last injection of blood thinner. :dance::2thumbsup::wooot::celebrate::woohoo:
I literally ran out of places to stick myself after 3 months and bruises everywhere. One pill a day will be much better.
Like I say "Better living through chemicals" :laugh:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work thing. Getting downright irritated at my laptop and a buggy Excel plugin that keeps crashing everything but I need to use. Sigh.

Oh, today marks the 1st day of my promotion. Job really doesn't change much but the little rank after my name and the pay scale changed.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Almost strained my back today, trying to pat myself on the back lol

Pulled a few pieces of wood off the scrap pile, and got to work making a mount for my boom sprayer. Cut 1" wide notches in a couple 2x4s to hook onto the rear bar for the bag attachment, small platform of 2x6s, and an angled support that wedges into the hitch. Not pretty to look at, but it will do the job, and is pretty sturdy.

20210213_145746.jpg

Pair of ratchet straps inside the rear bar, and around the platform, and it's pretty locked down. This should help try and keep the weeds under control, then maybe I can get my lawn looking healthier.

20210213_164000.jpg
20210213_164008.jpg

I decided to reward myself, after a hot shower, so I went to the store and got some ice cream, which I'm enjoying right now. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher