Went through a puddle, now service 4wd

spadz93

Original poster
Dec 10, 2019
NJ
Hey all, '06 I6 4wd trailblazer just turned 84k. We had a good bit of rain here, and unfortunately I had to go through a pretty big puddle to get where I needed to go. Almost immediately afterward, my service 4wd light came on. I went to bed, woke up and the light was gone. I went to switch out of 2wd to test, and the light came back on, so I'm guessing the control module and switch are fine, and the problem is under the car. Anyone else have this happen to them, and if so what was your fix?

spadz93

Original poster
Dec 10, 2019
NJ
I would begin by reading out the transfer case code(s) before I did anything else.

Unfortunately my code reader only reads out ecm codes, when I tried to pull them out I got nothing regarding the TCCM. I'll see if autozone's reader will get em out

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I doubt it will. Autozones readers or for emission only (PCM). You will likely need to get your hands on a mid range scanner, or high end, and scan from there.

spadz93

Original poster
Dec 10, 2019
NJ
I doubt it will. Autozones readers or for emission only (PCM). You will likely need to get your hands on a mid range scanner, or high end, and scan from there.
Gotcha, buddy of mine has a snap on one, gonna ask him to check and see.

Car dried out and now it's working just like it should, so there's gotta be a short somewhere, just want to see what module was complaining so i can narrow this down quicker. I'll have him pull the history codes and go from there

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.