"Well.... Waddyaknow?

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I’ve been looking around for a fairly durable and inexpensive Short Truck Bed Liner for my 2003 Chevrolet Silverado and after spying this video on How Easy to Install and Inexpensive these Wheel Well Inserts were to “Pop In” and fix in place with just a few Self-Starting Fasteners… I ordered both because they were available ...and On Sale... Today…

Some Pretty Cool “Trick Stuff ...for my Old Truck”…

REALTRUCKWHEELWELLINERS.png

Last edited:

smt 59

Looks like a nice add on, I see you are in the Tampa Bay Area, but for where I drive not so good as it would create ideal conditions for salt and sand to collect and rot out any metal body parts. To make things look new here we oil spray. Lol

Reactions: mrrsm

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Those look like a quality product but, how does this address the need for a bed liner or will these be in addition to a future bed liner ?....Mike

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
I thought wheel liners came stock on Chevy's.... :undecided:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Nope, rear ones are not.

Reactions: SnowBlazer

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
If you click on the Wheel Well Liner Installation Video above... there is a Direct Link on screen that will take you to their Sales Site...and after doing so and looking around their site... I found a whole range of Bed Liners there On Sale as well... and I so got the durable quality elevated drain-able one offered for $89.00 when I ordered these Wheel Liners. Their site is Way Cool to wander around in for many more accessories ...but when it comes time to actually Place an Order ...you have to select the Correct Product Number from one Screen before it takes you to a screen that you lets you add items to your Cart.

I agree with @smt 59 regarding the additional corrosion potential... but by smearing some Fiber-Glass Reinforced Roofing Tar around the inside perimeters of the Wheel Well Sheet Metal before popping these liners inside that action might help with the problem and by removing them seasonally for a good Salt and Dirt Wash Down might discourage the thin metal from such regular decay and rust. They look like they would come out from under the truck bed just about as easy as they appear to install. If nothing else... Brown Snow and Salt Slush would have a whole lot less of a chance to build up and stick to these black plastic inserts than on the ordinary Nooks and Crannies present under there as stock spaces and framing as can be seen clearly in this video, very exposed to the elements being slung around by the Large Tires and decorating everything adjacent the Rear Wheels:

I’m guessing this is the result of what @smt 59 suggested earlier that occurs when the unprotected, dinged up sheet metal areas under the Wheel Wells gets all Beat to Hell from the Big Tires slinging road rocks ...and then the road salt getting to “Make a Meal of the Sheet Metal”. So if the damage has already been done like this ...these videos will show how to “UnPh*** the Truck” with some Elbow Grease... some Inexpensive Replacement Shaped Body Panels, Some Body Filler and Some Paint:

Part I

Part II

...and What the Hell… While we’re at it… We might as well do the Rocker Panels, too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbwfYb3h2oU

(No Animals were harmed during the making of this production….) ;>)

Last edited:

smt 59

Nice videos but I don't think that anybody really does this kind of repair anymore, it's more re and re of body panels now as it is cheaper and lasts longer.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
You can get entire bed sides, yeah. Rockers are a little harder and I think usually are still sectioned.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Just an update on the Rugged-Liner Black Plastic Wheel Well Inserts: Model #s WWC99L, WWC99R, along with (18) Model # LIK-44 Black Plastic “Christmas Tree” Push Pins (… a very generous amount of HW; considering that only a few will be needed per wheel) and the 6.5 Foot “Protecta” Thick, Heavy Black Rubber Bed-Liner (Model # 6887D) also arrived with very Fast & Free S&H from the “REAL TRUCK Company” in Jamestown, North Dakota.

The first thing I noticed was how very light in weight the two Wheel Well Inserts were (Shipped with no boxing, clam-shelled & Zip-Tied together with no damage done during shipping) ...and how Very Heavy the Truck Bed Mat was with a Shipping Weight listed on the plastic packing as being 40 Lbs… but it seemed to be very much heavier than that. I can’t imagine what the Regular S&H would have been on such Bulky Items.

The Instructions are well-written and provide enough data to work with the different Makes and Models of Trucks...and in this case… its my 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with a “Plain White Wrapper” and a modest 4.8L Vortec V-8. The only thing missing now ...is the time and inclination needed for my son to spend the Half Hour or so that it will take to bring the Truck around so we can install all of this stuff. After noticing that the product was made here in the Good Ol’ USA… I wanted to find out about the processes involved in its manufacture… and this “How It’s Made” Video does a good job of explaining just that… and it looks like a nice, rural opening scene, too boot: ;>)

Attachments

• DSC08012.jpeg
    DSC08012.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC08015.jpeg
    DSC08015.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 5

Torker

Jan 2, 2017
Udall,Ks
This thread reads a little like an add. :wink: sorry.. But very informative . Good to see stuff made in USA. Rubbermaid is 20 mi. from me. And someone makes jeans in Oklahoma. Can't remember the name right now..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online