Well here she is

Grey Thunder

Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
Well boys and girls here she is. Got her all painted and outfitted with a few goodies. I had to replace the bumper cover with a new Street Scene bumper cover, put on a Good Hood ram air hood, retrofitted head lights courtesy of Smitty, a Street Scene smoothed wiper cowl, all painted mirrors, rocker panels, and door handles with the LED turn signal mirrors courtesy of TXBlazer, LED taillights from Ebay, body colored rims (charcoal grey), lowering shocks and struts courtesy of NORCAL SS, many many questions to Blckshdw about various electrical questions, and shaved the roof rack. Im sure there are some other goodies. Hope you like my ride!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 208

Grey Thunder

Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
JamesL3 said:
Very nice! How hard was it to shave the bolt holes from the roof rack, or did you have it professionally done?

I had it professionally done. He ended up welding the holes instead of putty so that way they dont crack. He did a pretty dang good job. Cant even tell there were holes there

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Grey Thunder said:
I had it professionally done. He ended up welding the holes instead of putty so that way they dont crack. He did a pretty dang good job. Cant even tell there were holes there
I agree. Awesome work. Your TB is looking good. Very nice job on the quad retro :salivate:

Grey Thunder

Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
dmanns67 said:
I agree. Awesome work. Your TB is looking good. Very nice job on the quad retro :salivate:
Thanks man. Yeah Smitty did a great job with those. I love the light output. I just need to wire it now so i have quads on when i switch to the brights. And im also having bezels mad out of aluminum for the fogs. Im throwing in some 2 inch projectors in there too

Reactions: dmanns67

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Lots of good mods on your truck man. Very nice!! :yes:

Reactions: Grey Thunder

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Grey Thunder said:
Thanks man. Yeah Smitty did a great job with those. I love the light output. I just need to wire it now so i have quads on when i switch to the brights. And im also having bezels mad out of aluminum for the fogs. Im throwing in some 2 inch projectors in there too
Nice. I have been wanting to do projectors in my fogs for a while now.

Do you know the process the body shop used to get rid of the bolt holes on the roof? Fill with weld, grind them down, and then paint the immediate area of the (10) holes or did they have to sand down and completely repaint the entire roof?

How much did the body work run you for the roof if you do not mind me asking?

Reactions: JamesL3

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
God damn man, awesome mods and nice paint job :biggrin:
Jealous

Grey Thunder

Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Nice. I have been wanting to do projectors in my fogs for a while now.

Do you know the process the body shop used to get rid of the bolt holes on the roof? Fill with weld, grind them down, and then paint the immediate area of the (10) holes or did they have to sand down and completely repaint the entire roof?

How much did the body work run you for the roof if you do not mind me asking?
He did weld up the holes then grinded it down. I got a whole body paint job so i dont know how he would have done just the holes. I would imagine he would have had to paint the whole roof. I bet he pulled out at least 50 dents out of the whole body. It was pretty banged up. I got a pretty good deal tho. $3500 for body work and paint

Reactions: dmanns67 and Capote

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Grey Thunder said:
He did weld up the holes then grinded it down. I got a whole body paint job so i dont know how he would have done just the holes. I would imagine he would have had to paint the whole roof. I bet he pulled out at least 50 dents out of the whole body. It was pretty banged up. I got a pretty good deal tho. $3500 for body work and paint
Oh ok. Is that a factory paint color? $3500 is not a bad deal for all of the body work and paint.

Reactions: Capote

Grey Thunder

Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Oh ok. Is that a factory paint color? $3500 is not a bad deal for all of the body work and paint.
Yes thats a factory color. Its charcoal grey but now i think it goes by spiral grey. Its a metalic paint so it looks pretty sweet in the sun

Reactions: KNBlazer

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Grey Thunder said:
Yes thats a factory color. Its charcoal grey but now i think it goes by spiral grey. Its a metalic paint so it looks pretty sweet in the sun
Nice. Dont think I have seen a TB that color before. Your paint and body guy did an awesome job. Looking forward to posts of your next mods :yes:

Grey Thunder

Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
BlazingTrails said:
Looks Great Bro!! I would like to see more pictures of the hood and Wiper cowl if you have time later :thumbsup:
Thank you sir. I can do that. Hopefuly tomorrow i can snap a few and poat them. The only thing about the wiper cowl is that the washer nozels dont sit in there correctly. Im gonna have to fix that before the weather gets crappy. It looks tho!

Grey Thunder

Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
Blckshdw said:
An up close pic of your headlights would be good too. Did you get modded bezels too, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
The bezels are painted to match. The corner markers are clear and tinted also. Ill take up close pics of the headlights as well

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Grey Thunder said:
Its a functional ram air too! Got the cold air intake kit that goes with the hood also
Interesting. Do you happen to have pics of the underside of the hood and engine bay?

Reactions: BHAMER

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yeah I like that hood too. That one and the Suncoast one, which is also functional ram air. Nice choice!

Grey Thunder

Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
RayGumm said:
Insane. I want one. I.would paint the insert on the hood scoop matte black if i had one. Where'd you get it? I am green w/envy.
If i remember right i got it from summit racing....i think lol. It was the cheapest at $650ish and then another $150 to ship freight. I actually did ponder having the inlet painted flat black but decided against it. I may do it later down the road. I did want to match the screen on the scoop with the grill but that part doesnt pop out. Its like the hood was made around the mesh insert. It still matches decent. Im happy with the way it turned out. Definatly makes the front end a bit more aggressive....now i need a motor to match!

Reactions: BHAMER and RayGumm

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
dmanns67 said:
Badass. Thanks for getting pics. That has to be the first functional hood SCOOP I have seen on an I6.
Fixed. :raspberry:
(my stocker keeps the snow out :wink: )

808_LS_EXT

Aug 28, 2014
:salivate:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Indeed

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I'm thinking instead of some of these companies selling the hoods, they might sell a kit we could weld on under the hood or mount on top of the intake cover for the ram air. We (TB, Envoy, etc owners) would select our own scoop and cut the hood, add the ducting, and this would allow the manufacturer to sell to multiple brands.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I had the hood struts and not a fan.

Also wonder how the fiberglass would hold up to them.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online