NEED HELP Weird problem

turbo elk

Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
Hi all... my 2002 TB is having a couple of problems,
First is the gauges all just go to zero/die, it makes a fizzing sound when it happens.
Second is in park there is a grumbling sound kinda a growl or vibration maybe like it has a miss but pretty much stops when put in park.
Any help is appreciated.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
For the Gauges I can say it would be the stepper motors dying out. So I if this is in fact the problem you will have to replace the steeper motors or the Instrument Cluster depending on your DIY skills.

I am not sure of the growl you say while in park. Is it always noticeable when in park or as soon as you put the car in park?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I doubt it's the stepper motors since all of them "die" at rhe same time. It's normal for that sound when turning off the ignition. You'll hear it if the engine is not running. Tgis makes ne think that your ignition switch could be on its way out. An easy and cheap fix to try.

For the vibrations, possibly your engine mounts are bad. Only feel it at idle? That is likely the cause.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I doubt it's the stepper motors since all of them "die" at rhe same time. It's normal for that sound when turning off the ignition. You'll hear it if the engine is not running. Tgis makes ne think that your ignition switch could be on its way out. An easy and cheap fix to try.

For the vibrations, possibly your engine mounts are bad. Only feel it at idle? That is likely the cause.

Right! My TB makes the same noise as well when I turn the ignition off. I read die in the OP and thought steeper motors :2thumbsup:.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I had the same gauge problem years ago. In my case, it was the positive battery terminal being a little loose and breaking its connection intermittently. I would also get some of the warning lights flash as well. :twocents:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.