Weird noises???

03luvvoy

Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Ok so on my 03 envoy I get a couple different noises... One of them is when I turn right up an incline it makes a growling sound from the drivers side wheel/axel are that I believe is the gear box but now sure:confused: and the other is when I take off from a stop and turn left and it has a lil vibration only for the beginning take off the stops but only when I turn? I guess that's really not a noise but oh well lol. Does anyone know what these could possibly or point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome! We don't have a "gear box", and without a filled in profile I don't know if you have 2WD or 4WD, but if I had to guess it could be your hub/bearing or the CV shaft. But I'd also guess that you'll be taking it to your favorite independent mechanic to fix, so just take it in. A noise like that from a hub is only going to give you 300-500 miles before the noise gets real bad and the bearing fails.

03luvvoy

Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Ya I have the 4wd and that's what I was guessing but the noise coming from the back I am stumped on thanks

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.