weird noise when Accelerating

fredhouse

Original poster
Apr 17, 2012
I have a weird noise when Accelerating,the noise gets louder when you push the gas peddle.The noise will go away when you let off the gas .I swear the noise is coming from the right part of the dash but i can not figure it out.This noise only happens when the car is in gear and moving it will not do it in park.Its like a crackling sound its hard to explain the sound it makes.2003 trailblazer ext lt 81000 miles.Transmission was replaced a month ago.wondering if anyone has had this happen and how to correct.I have no lights on and truck other wise drives awesome.Thank you for your help!Eric

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
I'd start by checking the exhaust. The transmission shop may have removed part of the exhaust to make this easier, perhaps they left something loose. If it is exhaust, it could also be a cracked exhaust manifold.

Of course, I'm just guessing because I haven't heard the noise. I'm thinking it might be from air (intake, or exhaust, the exhaust is louder under load); but it might be mechanical, perhaps a heat-shield that is loose and rattling.

tony17112acst

Feb 2, 2013
I have the same noise on my 2004 Buick Rainier 5.3! It only happens when engine is under load (accelerating, going up a hill steadily), not when cruising at constant speed. I just had the dealer diagnose and they said it's the broken bolts on the exhaust manifold and both motor mounts. I fee like the noise can't be the mounts, so I'm going to attach the KAP108 aftermarket clamps and see if that works. The dealer quoted me $3500 to add the clamps and replace the motor mounts ...all were aftermarket parts too, not AC Delco. One mount they wanted $172 and the exact part they proppsed is $35 on Rock Auto.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.