Weird issue with turn signal.

deerslayer1985

Original poster
Feb 26, 2015
I am having a weird issue with my turn signal. First when I turn the turn signal on to the left it works fine. When I touch the brake pedal it starts blinking really fast, but all the lights still work. As soon as I let off of the brake it goes back to normal. The right signal doesnt do this only the left. Second when I have my cruise set, and turn left blinker on it kills the cruise. It doesnt cut the cruise off when I use my right blinker. Also when I first start up my car and pull out of my driveway to the left there is like a dead spot in the throttle for a split second when I first turn left for the first time after starting the car. Again it doesnt do it when turning right only left. Anybody have any clue what could be the issue? Thanks

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I am having a weird issue with my turn signal. First when I turn the turn signal on to the left it works fine. When I touch the brake pedal it starts blinking really fast, but all the lights still work. As soon as I let off of the brake it goes back to normal. The right signal doesnt do this only the left. Second when I have my cruise set, and turn left blinker on it kills the cruise. It doesnt cut the cruise off when I use my right blinker. Also when I first start up my car and pull out of my driveway to the left there is like a dead spot in the throttle for a split second when I first turn left for the first time after starting the car. Again it doesnt do it when turning right only left. Anybody have any clue what could be the issue? Thanks

I will say you have a ground issue with your left tailight assembly. This causes the left turn signal power to cross through the dual filament bulb and enter the brake circuit which kills the cruise control.

It will also cause the other symptoms as well.

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Also, what year is yours? At least 2004 and older had the recall/TSB (I can't remember which) for bad taillight circuit boards.

I had to replace both of mine not long after I got it because it would burn out bulbs constantly,
and did at least once cause a short between the regular tail and the brake circuit. It didn't rapid flash like what you're describing, but it did pop fuses. Luckily the center light kept working!

Good Luck-

Chris

deerslayer1985

Original poster
Feb 26, 2015
Mine is a 2006 gmc envoy xl. Its been doing this for about a month or so. Havent blown any bulbs yet. Is just getting annoying...lol

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Check the bulbs. Inside the bulb, the filament might have shorted but still working.

Reactions: Expeditor
Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Check the bulbs. Inside the bulb, the filament might have shorted but still working.
:iagree: THIS... 100%.... If the filament breaks and recoils "just right" it will re-weld itself to the other filament... Bulb still works when you look at it, but it's not "right" and the BCM sees it as a problem.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online