Weird... issue/function of blower motor?

Maverickxeo

Original poster
Jan 25, 2021
Alberta, Canada
On my 04 Envoy, I've noticed lately (since it's been warm and the A/C is AMAZING) that when I am running the A/C, the blower motor will seem 'loud' and then periodically drop in volume. The force of the air coming out the vents DOES NOT seem to drop off - it just gets quieter. It seems completely random - with no real cause or correlation. It can happen on the highway at a steady speed, when accelerating, when slowing down, or when stopped completely. I notice the volume seems to be very similar between having recirc on or off - but I am not turning off/on the recirc manually.

Is this some sort of weird feature?

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
On my 04 Envoy, I've noticed lately (since it's been warm and the A/C is AMAZING) that when I am running the A/C, the blower motor will seem 'loud' and then periodically drop in volume. The force of the air coming out the vents DOES NOT seem to drop off - it just gets quieter. It seems completely random - with no real cause or correlation. It can happen on the highway at a steady speed, when accelerating, when slowing down, or when stopped completely. I notice the volume seems to be very similar between having recirc on or off - but I am not turning off/on the recirc manually.

Is this some sort of weird feature?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.