Weird Electrical Issues (Radio on all the time, Door courtesy light not coming on, etc.)

isaacmaple08

Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Fort Wayne,IN & Tyler,TX
Hey Everyone,

Figured I'd make this a separate thread from my Efan question, and quickly before the Ambien kicks in! (Edit: Already has, posted this in the Tahoe Forum accidentally) :tongue:

Since I've bought the truck i've started having a few strange issues, the biggest happened tonight as I had took the dash apart and was installing the correct mounting bracket for the Nav unit I bought. The door locks and windows didn't work at all. This has happened previously but removing the Door Control Module and unplugging/plugging back in would fix it.

I assume based on reading other threads this is the Driver Side Door Control Module going bad, after swapping it with the Passenger side and it working fine to lock/unlock so I've got that in the mail and it should be here Thursday, hopefully.

The next though and it may be related to the first is that the door lights only sometimes work when opening the driver door. Is this related to the Control Module?

Next after going to Autozone and then Lowes for some screws for the Metra bracket when I came back none of the car lights or dash came on at all. Didn't start either, nothing. I had assumed maybe because the dash was out could have caused it or a dome light being left on? When I came back out with my roommate later to juimp it off, it magically started just fine.

Then a new issue arises, the 12v switched power I pulled from so the radio turns on/off when the car is on/off now only stays on. Take the keys out, and it stays on, luckily I can shut it off quickly but I'm not sure how much power it will eat in Standby.

The other Issue that appeared is that the passenger low beam was dead, I tried shutting the car off, pulling the negative for a few minutes, replaced all 4 fuses in the fuse box, even tried to short the Pink/White wire on the 28-Way connector to see if the low lights came on to see if it was the BCM but it still didn't come on...so from what I gather that should mean it's good right?

Maybe it is all a bunch of coincidences stemming from the Control Module but I figured there might be a bit more to do with it. It's just weird that everything went to crap all at once. lol.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Passenger low beam out - probably just a bad bulb.

Other weird ignition-related electrical weirdness - I'd start with the ignition switch. Cheap and easy enough to not feel too bad just throwing a part at.

Door lights not always working - could be related to that driver's door module, or if once you get that replaced it still does it, it could be the electrical switch in the latch mechanism is sticking or going out.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The first one.

Reactions: isaacmaple08

gladesteen

Aug 19, 2014
i had similar issues happening with my 04 bravada. Spent countless hours cleaning grounds, fuses, etc..

It was a dirty/slightly corrosive board or instrument cluster plug causing my crazy electric gremlins.

I pulled the cluster, cleaned the back of the board with alcohol, applied dielectric grease to the plug and all is well again.

isaacmaple08

Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Fort Wayne,IN & Tyler,TX
i had similar issues happening with my 04 bravada. Spent countless hours cleaning grounds, fuses, etc..

It was a dirty/slightly corrosive board or instrument cluster plug causing my crazy electric gremlins.

I pulled the cluster, cleaned the back of the board with alcohol, applied dielectric grease to the plug and all is well again.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but since the issue first showed up it hasn't happened since, although I've changed a couple of things since it happened, DIC, Battery, Instrument Cluster, Steering wheel.

Not sure which one of those it was but I figure it's Either the DIC harness or the Instrument Cluster as you said. When removing the DIC/Harness I had to also remove the ignition switch which may have changed something. So far no issues though!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online