Wedding Invitations...

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
I'm not sure how many people read my other thread, but I have been planning a wedding ceremony due to my father's ill health. He never got to walk me down the aisle, and it's on his bucket list, so....I have been driving myself mad trying to get this whole thing planned.

I was playing with the thought of inviting people from the nation. I mean we all are a family, even if it is just on a forum lol. I have gotten to know a lot of people on here and have made some wonderful friends too, and so I was wondering if anyone would be interested? I know it sounds horrible, like recruiting people to be my "friends" to show up, but I would genuinely like to invite those who would be willing to come. I think highly of (almost) everyone here.

Plus, I think it would be freaking awesome to be surrounded by GMT's on my "wedding" day lol Instead of a limo, maybe we could drive up in a few SS's :undecided:

Either way I do have 2 definite people I'm inviting whether they like it or not, but if anyone would like to come you can always e-mail me. The reception unfortunately has to be alcohol free due to the chapel not having alcohol permits, but my house definitely welcomes alcohol!!

Anyways, it's just a thought. I was going through my guest list and realized how awesome it would be if we could make a semi little meet out of it too.

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
That would be awesome to have wedding surrounded by envoys and trailblazers. Have a fleet all in a row from the wedding to the reception!

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Voymom said:
I think highly of (almost) everyone here.

Aww, you just hurt Stef's and Carlton's feelings :rotfl:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
07 TB RIDER said:

Actually those two are in the likable category.....For now anyways :raspberry:

There's actually only 2 people on the forum that I wouldn't consider helping had they gotten stranded somewhere :tongue:

Edit: Actually there are 3 that I wouldn't rescue if they were stranded lol

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Voymom said:

There's actually only 2 people on the forum that I wouldn't consider helping had they gotten stranded somewhere :tongue:

Edit: Actually there are 3 that I wouldn't rescue if they were stranded lol

AAwww. You would still get me. You did'nt post the date and place.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
stormsurge said:
AAwww. You would still get me. You did'nt post the date and place.

The date is October 20th of this year it's a Saturday. If all goes as planned it will be at 5:30pm at the Candle lit way Chapel in Dallas Center(just outside of Des Moines). Reception will be held at the same place.

BTW: You were one of the 2 people I was going to send invites too anyways lol

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Voymom said:
The date is October 20th of this year it's a Saturday. If all goes as planned it will be at 5:30pm at the Candle lit way Chapel in Dallas Center(just outside of Des Moines). Reception will be held at the same place.

BTW: You were one of the 2 people I was going to send invites too anyways lol

Im keeping my fingers crossed. More test today. Upper body ct's and uper femor mri. Biopsy is friday.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
stormsurge said:
Im keeping my fingers crossed. More test today. Upper body ct's and uper femor mri. Biopsy is friday.

I will be praying for you!! And keeping my fingers crossed for you too. Let me know how it goes.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Voymom said:
07 TB RIDER said:

:tongue: I'd crash your lil shindig, if it wasn't so freaking far away! :cool:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Blckshdw said:
:tongue: I'd crash your lil shindig, if it wasn't so freaking far away! :cool:

Note to self: Don't invite Carlton :tongue:

Jan 4, 2012
awh voymom, congrats that you are getting married, so sweet, you are like my hero on this site, if I was closer to you I would definately help you with your wedding, how far are you from British Columbia? Sorry I have not travelled much, but would like to change that. That would be so sweet to meet you and all the other families from GMT nation, you are the best.....

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Off Road Bella said:
awh voymom, congrats that you are getting married, so sweet, you are like my hero on this site, if I was closer to you I would definately help you with your wedding, how far are you from British Columbia? Sorry I have not travelled much, but would like to change that. That would be so sweet to meet you and all the other families from GMT nation, you are the best.....

Thanks off road Bella!!! I'm already married, just never had a ceremony(did it at the court house) and my dad is ill, his bucket list consists of walking me down the aisle, so for his sake we are having an actual wedding.

As far as British Columbia, I'm pretty sure i'm quite a few days away from you. It would be super nice to meet more people from here, but I try to stay away from the big meets. I don't think it would go to smoothly if the 2 people here who have beef with me were to show up lol so to keep the peace I try and just stay with local meets, and local people. But it would be awesome to meet more women who are as involved with their vehicles as you are, and if you were closer to me, I'd love to have you at the wedding!!

Jan 4, 2012
well may be I can book my holidays for next year and travel your way that would be so cool. then get a chance to meet you and any other ladies and you know..... Off Roading won't be the same, us girls have to stick together....:thumbsup:...... lol

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Off Road Bella said:
well may be I can book my holidays for next year and travel your way that would be so cool. then get a chance to meet you and any other ladies and you know..... Off Roading won't be the same, us girls have to stick together....:thumbsup:...... lol

That would be AWESOME!!! Unfortunately I don't know any other ladies around here who would even consider getting remotely close to mud, dirt, or anything for that matter lol. I tend to hang out with the guys a lot, I think I fit in better with them. I could care less how much Karla paid for her little pink skirt :biggrin:

Jan 4, 2012
Voymom said:
That would be AWESOME!!! Unfortunately I don't know any other ladies around here who would even consider getting remotely close to mud, dirt, or anything for that matter lol. I tend to hang out with the guys a lot, I think I fit in better with them. I could care less how much Karla paid for her little pink skirt :biggrin:

lol, that is so true, yeah around here the ladies look at me and think that I am crazy, for liking trucks and trying to learn how to do truck repairs, change tires, or do oil changes, all that fun stuff, or go off roading, I like off roading in the mud...and the mud is free out in the fields, you don't have to pay to get a treatment like you would in the spa, and it works just as good if not better. lol..... and as for the skirt well there is soap and water, or club soda it cleans off....lol:thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online