WeatherTech rear cargo area mat

DirtRidinZ71

Original poster
Apr 12, 2013
Just bought a new WeatherTech digital fit rear cargo area mat and installed it today. The fit is less then great, especially for the price. The temperature today was a little below 0*C when I installed it.
Anybody else have one and how was the fit?
I'm not sure if I should return it or wait for a warmer day and see if it forms into place better.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
I would say wait till it warms up and leave it out in the sun for a few hours to allow it to warm up and become more pliable.

Reactions: Mark20

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
The temp might help a little, but it will never be a perfect contour fit in the area by your drawbar, the shape is different.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Send the pics back to weathertech and tell them you are not happy with the fitment. They might determine there is an issue and send a replacement. They should have example pics on their site for comparison or you could search Google images.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I don't use mine for same reasons but since it was used I just leave it in garage.

DirtRidinZ71

Original poster
Apr 12, 2013
I brought the mat in overnight and laid it flat on the floor by the heater with some heavy books pushing the outside edges down. Fit is better, hopefully with a warm spring day it will contour a little better. Still for the price of it, it should be better, the front floor mats are great.

Reactions: Redbeard

DonnyDrywall

Nov 26, 2013
This is a not so great pic of the Husky Liner rear cargo. if your interested.

post-4939-139798443782_thumb.jpg

jfkmk

Mar 7, 2013
My weather tech fits about the same. Too bad, the one I had in my old blazer fit much better. It does keep the dirt and mud off the carpet, though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramzo358

Members Online