NEED HELP Weatherstripping

WhiteWolf

Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Arizona
I need to replace my weatherstripping in the front and rear doors. Does anyone know how many inches or feet is needed for each door? Also the oem part number or a link to the correct weatherstripping for purchase.
This is my first time using a forum so I'm not sure if I have to say what type of car I have. So just in case it doesn't post with that info.
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LS

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Several years ago I replaced the weatherstripping on the front and rear doors of my '04 tb from Rockauto (5% Discount Code: 838F2B6289CAE4 Expires: April 19, 2021) and they fit fine. https://www.rockauto.com/. I don't recall if they mention the lengths of the weatherstripping on their website, but give it a check. They are a good website to check parts for and usually with photos helping to verify parts.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
They also list the 8-digit GM part #s, so you can search for those, if you want the OEM. Looks like GM disc'd the parts, but they're available from many places, as well as 'universal' types that you cut to fit (& cheaper, of course)

WhiteWolf

Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Arizona
THANK YOU GUYS! Redbeard & reprise this was truly helpful. I found a few universals but I wasn't sure which style to get. I've seen 2 types, one has a metal 'U' shape along the weatherstripping which seems like it would clip on. The other style has no metal 'U' but suggested that I use glue, 3M black adhesive to be exact. Any thoughts on these 2 styles? Is one better than the other? Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.
I'll still check out the link redbeard sent me, again thanks guys!

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Hey WhiteWolf,
Going from memory the replacement weatherstripping didn't have any metal in it and no metal was holding on the old weatherstripping. If the universals you located are close to you maybe the folks selling it would let you see if they would fit your TB. Like pushing it into place feeling if it would hold. As for me I don't have any experiences with the universal type weather seals.

Reactions: WhiteWolf

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Are you talking about the seal that goes all the way around the door, or the wind blockers that are around the top of the doors?

I always just went to a salvage yard, and grabbed the seals from the passenger side of a donor vehicle. they are usually always in good shape.

Thanks for reminding me, doing a junk yard run tomorrow, and I need 1 for my front drivers door.

Reactions: WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Arizona
Are you talking about the seal that goes all the way around the door, or the wind blockers that are around the top of the doors?

I always just went to a salvage yard, and grabbed the seals from the passenger side of a donor vehicle. they are usually always in good shape.

Thanks for reminding me, doing a junk yard run tomorrow, and I need 1 for my front drivers door.
Hello, the seal that goes all the way around the doors

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Hello, the seal that goes all the way around the doors
Yep, than I just go to the salvage yard, and grab one from a passenger front door, for the drivers front door. Cheaper, if they even charge.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramzo358

Members Online