Waterbeader spray

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Has anyone tried this out yet?
https://www.waterbeader.com/home.html

Says that it's not recommended for auto surfaces since it dries to a milky-white residue, but it could be beneficial to many other things that need waterproofing. I'd also like to see if they can somehow make it a bit more durable since it can be removed quite easily with minimal effort.

Anyhow, just posting it to ask if anyone here has tried it?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I tried a similar product. NeverWet by Rustoleum although it's a two part system compared to Waterbeader. I used it on my snowmobile tunnel to reduce ice buildup. It worked at first but quickly flaked off and failed.

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
I tried a similar product. NeverWet by Rustoleum although it's a two part system compared to Waterbeader. I used it on my snowmobile tunnel to reduce ice buildup. It worked at first but quickly flaked off and failed.

Is it clear when dry? If so, I might buy & try it out on a project I'm working on. It's for my pool and the part I'm working on shouldn't see any type of friction (that might remove it).

I ordered a bottle of that waterbeader yesterday and will give it a try once delivered.

I think Home Depot sells that Rustoleum stuff, too. I love shopping there during the week ...you know, when the wife isn't waiting out in the car :duh:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not clear, more like opaque and rough, milky. I had read other reviews and long term adhesion seems to be an issue with it.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Marc, that detailing spray you gave me seems to do pretty well with making water bead up. Noticed it while driving yesterday, since there was some rain most of the afternoon. Had the wipers on the lowest intermediate setting on surface streets, barely needed it at all on the highway. I was pleasantly surprised by it.

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Marc, that detailing spray you gave me seems to do pretty well with making water bead up. Noticed it while driving yesterday, since there was some rain most of the afternoon. Had the wipers on the lowest intermediate setting on surface streets, barely needed it at all on the highway. I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Good to hear! I'm glad I didn't trash it, but I now use Eagle 1 Nano-Spray Wax on my exterior windows in-place of the chadwicks. I just didn't like that stuff, but as with all other detailing products on the market today, there are people who will completely disagree with my opinion(s).

When doing a full detail, my methods take me about 6-7 total hours to complete. A bit longer though for the Envoy since it's larger. I start with a wash, then claybar, wash again, dry, apply Wolfgang's Paint Sealant, then remove and let the sealant dry overnight. Next day I apply a synthetic wax, remove, then finish with a layer of Chemical Guys InstaWax Spray. I do this method twice per year for my Envoy and my other two vehicles.

There are people that say that my methods are too much and others who say they're completely wrong. Doesn't matter though because I really enjoy detailing cars. Helps keep the demons out of my head :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online